November IF/EF chat, all welcome!

(Liz ) #322

Hello friends! I went ahead and started a December thread

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #323

This is interesting…I’m experiencing the exact same thing.

No worries, I broke my fast before I had really intended as well, but I’m happy just knowing it works wonders, even though I cannot visually see the results…or even measure them by scale or tape.
No weight loss after 91 hours, no change in inches…just hangin’ out. So it’s really important to keep that focus regarding the internal, less tangible rewards that are being reaped by every fast! :smiley:

Here’s December, and like you, I’m ramping up for another fast and hopefully a succession of several pre and post Holidays.

(Dawn) #325

I am in hour 226:50. I need your motivation and happy thoughts to keep me going. Not really feeling bad (although I did have a brief bout of dizziness when I standing upside down to look under the bed). But I feel OK, not great, not wonderful, just ok. Energy is stable, so I will continue with my daily mall walks. I am only 4 pounds away from the weight goal that I established for this fast. 4 measly pounds! But I’m tired of fasting. I have grown a little bored of it. I don’t feel that is a valid reason to stop though when I am so close to my goal. So please keep me motivated keto fam. This is an open ended fast. If things go as planned, I can make goal on 12/6 or 12/7 but I need your encouragement. Tell me again about how wonderful autophagy is and how wonderfully my IR is healing? That helps…LOL :grin::joy::rofl::rofl::rofl:

(Dawn) #326

@LizinLowell I am in a similiar situation. My weight hasn’t been this low since…I got married maybe 16 years ago? Im still not sure if I was this low even back then. I don’t know what my goal is going to end up being. For right now, I am aiming for a 100 pound weight loss. After that, I guess I will have to do a full assessment of where i am and where I still need to go for optimal health. Thanks for this thread. It is so helpful for me.

(Doug) #327

Dawn, boredom is a thing I deal with, too. Being busy with other stuff helps, and the past couple days I haven’t really been thinking about food. There are always cycles at work, up and down - keep on! I’m going until this Friday.

(Dawn) #328

Thanks so much @OldDoug, you always know exactly the right thing to say. You are right. I haven’t done much of anything for the last four days except sit at home and watch People’s Court (on vacation). But now that I am back at work, I expect to be pretty busy throughout the day, so maybe I won’t be as bored.

I still feel well. Not as much energy as I had in the middle but still moving quickly and able to maintain nice walks, so i guess that means I am doing ok. I will strive for friday too unless I hit my goal first. It wouldn’t hurt me to go a little below goal since I will likely gain a little during refeeding. Thanks again buddy

(Doug) #329

Dawn, day 8 for me. There’s a “thrumming” feeling, like I’m revved-up. Pretty high-energy, but also a bit of an insistent "Oh, it would be nice to eat" feeling, much different than the last two days. I don’t think this is “real hunger” yet - gonna make it to Friday.

(What The Fast?!) #330

What day are you on now?
I just started another fast last night - currently drinking hot salted water, it’s my favorite drink because it warms me up, gets my sodium in, and makes me feel like I’m drinking soup. :slight_smile:

(Liz ) #331

You bet! And come join us over on the December thread as well
Link:

I was 260 when I got married in 2002, in ten more pounds lost I will be 160, which is the most surreal thing ever!! So hang in there, it can be done! Yes! You are healing up your IR and tightening up any loose skin!

(Karen) #332

I wonder I we could have a new if/EF January thread and retire November.

(KCKO, KCFO) #333

We have already done that, come on over.

Because of good info in the monthly chats, they are not retired for a while. Just join in on the Jan chat now and
KCKO.

(Karen) #334

Yay, ready for January and getting back to IF

K