November IF/EF chat, all welcome!

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #302

Thanks Doug. I’m determined to heal my body.

(KCKO, KCFO) #303

Ended my fast at 36 hrs. It was a very easy one. Coffee with only a dash of half and half and some broth about midway through, otherwise smooth sailing. I dropped the water weight I wanted to see go away.

Lunch was smoked pulled pork and a kale salad with Dump Ranch Dressing. Made some awesome bison meatballs with pesto for dinner tonight. Will do a IF for tomorrow.

KCFO everyone.

(KCKO, KCFO) #304

Well done Rusty, congrats on doing the longer fasting.

(KCKO, KCFO) #305

That is what I do. I also have Prime, so I can watch movies on that as well. I also spend a lot of time reading on my Kindle while fasting.

This fast I have been packing things up and taking them to donation centers, moving things to the basement, we are getting the whole interior of our house repainted and carpet is going in upstairs and in the family and living rooms. So everything needs to be out of the way. Let me tell you, that will take your mind off of food.

The fasting has been a real success this month, or so it seems to me. By that, I mean, so many have come to fast and made it to some goals, or some firsts in fasting and I think it gives a great psychological boost that keeps us better focused for more in the future.

Although I never see the weight drop off in a fast, I am so excited to know that my body is busy working on deep levels of healing at a cellular and hormonal level. Whenever I start thinking of eating during a fast, I just remember that dratted insulin resistance and the war is on! I will not give in, God willing!

I’m at 58 hours just now and not planning to stop before Sunday. But, I’ll see how this one goes. Have a fabulous day!

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #307

THIS!!! Keep kickin ass.

(Doug) #308

Sliding past half a week fasted here, only have felt the need for a couple cups of coffee each day. Perhaps just a bit of that elusive ‘euphoria’ yesterday; that was one good day. No salt yet, maybe start today as a preventative measure. How much salt did they eat when we were living in caves?

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #309

I find that I have to increase salt consumption around the 45 hour mark. But I know everyone is different.

I wish I knew also.

Keep killing it @OldDoug

(Karen) #310

Pretty happy girl right here! We traveled out of town for 12 days over Thanksgiving to celebrate with our kids a thousand miles away. I consistently ate on a 16:8 or 18:6 natural schedule. I maintained my macros except for Thanksgiving Day but only had 40 carbs then. We ate out a few times but I was able to customize meals to Keto standards. Had a glass of wine (just one) more days than not. On the two day car ride out and back, I packed my own food for the car trip during the day and ate a nice “breakfast for dinner” in the evenings. I expected that I’d be up a few pounds just from the trip, riding in the car, etc. BUT I actually came home 1.5 pounds lighter!

(Doug) #311

Karen, wow - 1.5 pounds lighter after Thanksgving… :grinning: :clap: Seriously admirable discipline there.

(KCKO, KCFO) #312

Love this. You did great. Congrats on being down.

(KCKO, KCFO) #313

The land was not depleted, it is today. The meat and blood of animals who ate salt contained a lot of sodium, which is what you are after from the salt. Salt was highly valued, our word salary comes from the Latin word salis, it was used to pay Roman soldiers. So the need for salt was well understood for a long time.
There is an interesting discussion about this here, it links to an interesting thesis as well. .

(Donna ) #314

I changed the battery in my scale, weighing myself right before and right after the battery change, and now I weigh .5 lb MORE! Ack! I almost want to put the old battery back.

I’m at 40 hours fasting and doing fine. I am (was?!) at my lowest fasting weight, the same weight when I had to stop fasting for Thanksgiving. I hope to dip down further and get a new lowest weight. (But that .5 lb is gonna bug me. Haha)

I need to work on my closet. The 22 lb loss has changed what clothes I can wear. This is a good thing! Except, my smaller clothes are pretty much out of date. It is nice to be able to fit into my small jeans. I have such an array of sizes in my closet! I guess I’ll pack up the larger ones and vacuum seal them and tuck them away under a bed or something. When the time is right, maybe when I reach goal, I’ll donate them. I feel like it would be jinxing myself to give them away immediately.

KCKO

ha ha about battery!

(Doug) #316

Right on, Collaroygal, that is interesting. :slightly_smiling_face:

I thought of consuming blood - that’s the saltiest thing that came to mind for primitive people, other than if a salt lick or salt deposits were handy. Lots of salt deposits are visible in the western U.S., in admirably flat valley bottoms or “salt lakes.” Thinking of meat roasted over a fire, with natural salt sprinkled on it… YUM.

4th day of a fast, here, and this topic has been literally making my mouth water. Grabbing some of the pink stuff right now!

On depleted land - I think that around the world, increasing salinity of soil is a prevalent problem leading to reduced plant growth and yields. We need more edible halophytes!

Nice looking but not all that much eatin’ there, methinks.

No fasting today, will do a warrior fast tomorrow.

I did a little back of the envelope estimate from my drinking days (years) and by my calculations I consumed in excess of 360,000 g of carbs from beer alone. It’s a wonder I don’t weigh 1,000 lbs.

(sue) #318

Joining this thread super late! On the last day of November. I’ve been doing a lot of 36-42 hour fasts 2-4 times a week but currently am now doing an extended fast, 65.5 hours in!

My weight loss this month was meager, but if you zoom out I’ve made lots of progress. Reminding myself to look at the bigger picture!!

image|690x388

This is so me! I have had to go back to buying “fat pants” after so many weight loss “successes” and I really do NOT want to go there again, so I still have them tucked away. Those scales are so hateful, ignore it as best you can. You are doing wonders for your body and mind!
I’ve hit the 72 hour mark of my fast and never checked my weight at all because I know it never changes for me with a fast. In fact, lately, it just creeps upward when I begin to feast again. I think I am incredibly successful with the feasting aspect of keto :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Unless I want to find the fat pants, I’m going to have to fast more often this winter, I’m pretty sure of that.

Love your visual aids, you have made incredible progress! Congratulations :smiley:
Welcome to the last hours of November…I’m going onward into December…not sure if the fast will continue to Sunday or fall apart at the pot luck tomorrow night’s church Christmas party!

(sue) #321

Thanks! I ended up breaking my fast early at about 70 hours so I’m a bit bummed, even though it’s probably unreasonable to be upset because hey 70 hours is great, right? Haha. Looking forward to more fasting adventures in December!