No Menstrual Period on Keto

(Vicky Sorriso) #1

I am on keto diet about 6 weeks and I didn’t become my period :frowning: I took blood investigation and my thyroid Hormons and FSH ate good. What should I do know? I am a little bit scared :((

I think from what I’ve read that it’s common for there to be changes when starting keto- there’s a lot of metabolic changes happening, & hormones can get affected by that I think. You can search for info on here to help- use the magnifying glass icon top right of the screen- & hopefully you’ll get some answers/ reassurance! I did a quick search & found some:

& hopefully others with more experience will chip in too…

(Katie the Quiche Scoffing Stick Ninja ) #3

Hey @Vicky_Sorriso, don’t be too stressed.
Some women’s periods start and DO NOT STOP for a few months, others like me stop right away and return after a month or two.
Don’t stress. Just keep doing what you’re doing. It’ll come.

I was on the birth control pill for years and suffered for about three years with terrible back to cramping type periods from my teens(!) when I got off the BC pill (no need for it/got married and ok with possibility of having kids). When I started keto, my periods became lighter, way less cramps and much milder. I’m pretty happy also about the consistency and timing/predictability of my periods since being in ketosis and they’re also fairly short but I have always had short (three day) periods.