Keto and period

(Elizabeth) #1

Dear ladies, did keto impact your period? Im keto almost 4 weeks (lost 6kg) and my pediod is due tomorrow. 2 days before I started cramping and yesterday got some sark brown spotting which is stopped now. Im thinking is it because of keto? I know that I havent been so good keto adaptes and my ketone levels werent high+some days(usually on weekends) I cheated a bit and ate a bit more carbs(no more than 50g). Also yesterday was 12dpo, so it also might be due to possible late implantation and pregnancy.
Im not sure if keto in such a short period can mess up hormones. Plus Im more than sure that it didnt affect my ovulation, then why it is like this now?
Also Im 29, healthy and my periods usually are on time.

No Menstrual Period on Keto
(Allie) #2

It rebalances hormones so it is very common for there to be period changes while your body is adjusting.

(Brittany Jackson) #3

I’m having a similar problem. I’ve been on the depo shot for months, since the birth of my last child and years prior to that and never bleed. I’m now in my 6th week of keto and around week 4 I had some spotting and now I have like a full blown period. I didn’t know if I should call my Dr or if it was the diet. This is driving me crazy!!