My Keto Recipes

You’re welcome. I too like how quick and easy it is, and I actually made it once or twice?, with just Rao’s and it worked fine. But I wanted to add some hamburger to it, which went well and made it more like Ravioli to me. And I’ve always enjoyed Ravioli, as far as back as I can recall.

Just filing this information in here, since I just did some quick research after speaking about it. … This will be for the PB2 stuff. Apparently my Son purchased a couple containers of it a while back, and I just hadn’t looked into it to see what one can use it for/in, etc. … But just after a moment or so, I could see that it’s not ‘that much’ lower in Carbs overall than regular Peanut Butter, and what’s even worse, they highly proclaim on the front package that it’s 90% Less Fat! :rage: And less Calories, which I could give two #@!%‘s about. … And when I compared it to regular peanut butter, it was a tad lower in carbs, but this was just plain ole’ Jif. (We just happened to have one in the cabinet, since it’s used in some of the doggie treats my Wife makes for the Girls occasionally) … So I’m sure there is some out there that is probably better in the Carb department, which will probably be in the same realm with the PB2.

So I was hoping to see less ‘Carbs’ and maybe be able to check into some stuff to try it with. But since it’s not that much lower, I see it more as Powdered Peanut Butter, which I’m sure has it’s uses, but at or near the same nutritional value overall. … So will still see what I might be able to do with it, but probably no more than I do with regular Peanut Butter, which isn’t very often overall. :face_with_raised_eyebrow::unamused:

(Tracy) #164

I was buying black soy beans for quite a while until I saw that the carb count went up drastically on the label. I tried contacting the company to find out why but they didn’t respond. I just don’t eat them anymore.

(Laurie) #165

I don’t eat the black soybeans any more either. I also don’t eat tomato any more, so chili is out. Sometimes I make a ground beef crumble with Mexican seasonings.

I used to make a layered thing with cream cheese slices on the bottom, seasoned ground beef in the middle, and grated cheese on top, heated in the oven. It was great, but I can’t make it in my current living condition.

I actually looked at the Black Soybeans on-line, but never did pick any up. We usually only used it in Chili, and we don’t actually make it too often. And none of the stores in our area seem to carry them.

(Tracy) #167

I’ve been eating a lot of bean sprouts lately. I make an amateur version of Egg Foo Young. I love the nutrition info of bean sprouts.

Yeah, I too like bean sprouts a lot. - I also have a Basic Egg Foo Young recipe that I created further up in this thread. … I didn’t want to make it too crazy with tons of ingredients, but wanted something simple that works for me. - I think @Janie said she tried it and liked it. The Sauce is good, but might be more enhanced with more add-ins? But again, I like to keep some recipes simple so you don’t have to have a kitchen full of stuff just to make a decent, quick-ish, meal that’s different from the norm. :slight_smile:

Throwing this one in here, since I’ve made it 3 times now, and think I will be leaving it as is…

Easy Coleslaw

• 1 - Bag Fresh Express 3 Color Deli Coleslaw (States 6.75 Cups per bag) I call it 7
  • 3/4 Cup Mayonnaise
  • 1.5 Tbsp. Red Wine Vinegar
  • 1.5 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
  • 1.5 Tbsp. French’s Dijon Mustard
  • 2 tsp. Truvia
  • 2 tsp. Salt
  • 1.5 tsp. Ground Mustard

IMG_8415

I put the whole bag of Coleslaw in a large bowl and mix all the dry ingredients together. I add this and stir well. (I find this helps incorporate it better, before the wet ingredients) … Then I add the Lemon Juice and Red Wine Vinegar and stir once again. … Lastly add the Mustard, Mayo, stirring well.

IMG_8276

I put it in the fridge for at least an hour before serving, and find it breaks down the coleslaw some, taking away some of the crispness, and seems to loosen up properly. - Makes a good amount, but since I’m the only one that eats it in my house, it try to use it up within a week or so, which isn’t hard to do.

IMG_8423

To me this one is quite easy to make and works as is. Also not sure what else can be added to make it even better, but always keep an open mind about experimenting more.

(Diane) #170

This looks good and is very similar to the recipe I use, I reduce the mayonnaise to 1/2 cup and add 1/2 cup of heavy cream (adding 1/4 cup of vinegar or lemon juice to the cream and letting it sit a few minutes, as a substitute for buttermilk). I also add 1/2 tsp of celery seed.

Because it ends up a little “saucier”, I usually add a little more cabbage or coleslaw mix to soak it up.

Thanks, Diane. Yeah, I’m kind of mixed with using 3/4 or 1/2 cup Mayo myself. I think 1/2 will work, but it seems like it needs just a little more. But 3/4 can also seem too much. But it’s close. I like the idea of adding some heavy cream, but actually I haven’t been buying any here in a while now, so was trying to keep it simple too. - But next time we have some at the house, would like to try it. I’ve also heard of the adding of celery seed as well, but haven’t tried it yet. … We might actually have some here? Will look.

(Diane) #172

You could probably thin the 1/2 cup of Mayo with something as simple as a little water (maybe very little water) and get away with using less. I’m not sure if that would be desirable or not.

Think next time I will just try the 1/2 cup and see how it does after a little more time in the fridge. Might break down even more if given enough time? … (Funny, is that I actually almost added a couple tbsp. of Almond Milk, but with gathering everything up after use, I forgot. :slight_smile: ) I think the thinning of it might help, not letting it get too creamy, with the additional Mayo. And only reason I used the Red Wine Vinegar, instead of Apple Cider Vinegar, is because it was what we had at the time. We use Red Wine Vinegar in a few things, so have it around regularly. (Haven’t been using the ACV much as of late)

(Bob M) #174

What about sour cream? Would add a tartness cream does not have.

Ya know, I actually thought about trying Sour Cream a while back, but don’t believe I ever did? It is also something I always have on hand, since I use it so much in other things. - Might go well indeed. :+1:

I’ve always liked Sour Cream, and I find that using it in things such as Chaffles works really great. I actually use it for mine all the time now, but will still use Mayo for when the Wife wants me to make some for her. (She never has like it overall, so I make hers with the regular stuff. … Thanks

(Bob M) #176

I never thought about adding it to chaffles. How do you do that? A spoonful in the mix or on top, before you put the top of the waffle maker down?

I switch it out with all sorts of stuff, including Sour Cream. Sometimes using dressings, and the like. So for instance, I will take 2 Eggs, 2 tbsp. Sour Cream, 2 tbsp. Flour (Either Almond or Coconut) I use both. Add 1/4 tsp. Baking Powder, Almond Milk, and sometimes put in Grated Parmesan Cheese. …Basically mix and match stuff just to keep them changed up and different. But if all seems to work well, and I also find adding some Mustard and other flavor enhancers to do pretty good as well.

I’ll have to post some on here, if I haven’t done so already? Thought I did, but maybe not. … I’ve come up with a bunch of different ones I like. I’ll check and if they are not already on here, will add some. I like to just add stuff and see how it comes out. But there’s some basic ones the Wife likes, like the Wonder Bread recipe, which I used to use as a base to play around with. Some nights, just throw something in.

Well, just went back through to check and I did post a few, but not many. I will attach the link, but need to write down some of the others I like to do and add them when time permits. Further up in the thread.

(Jane) #179

I broke down and bought a frozen bag of Dungeness crab legs ($17 for one pound). I don’t know if one pound is enough to fill us both up so I will make some extra sides, just in case.

I know you cook it a lot so I wanted your advice on how to cook it. The bag has directions for steaming, boiling, etc but I wanted to know how you fix yours.

Also - do you dip in melted butter or melted ghee?

Yes Ma’am, we steam them, as we do with Shrimp, Blue Crab, etc. And yep, dip them in hot melted butter, as well as using Old Bay on them while steaming. (Or you can also use some in the butter itself, which I some times do. I also from time to time, dip them in Vinegar, which is also good.) - Though I’ve heard of some boiling them, I don’t think we have ever tried it, and for me, probably never will. I would personally think it would water the taste down too much? So never tried it. … Think my Mom told me she had done some in her oven a couple times, but I still prefer steaming overall.

Depending on their size, 1 pound is usually about two clusters. If they’re smallish, you might get 3 or 4, but if they are the larger ones, 2 clusters can actually be over a pound. … Even though I have a guy I know, who gives them to me $25 over cost, we still watch out for sales. So if we see them for $8.99 a lb. or so, we will usually pick up a case. The guy I normally get them from, usually runs me anywhere from $265 to $326 for a 25 lb. box. So they usually run me around $10.99 to $12.99 depending on the market. So when the larger stores, such as Food Lion run them for $8.99, it’s still cheaper, but they can afford to do that due to the quantity they purchase. This guy only has his own small seafood store. But either way, they are my personal favorite of all the Crabs I’ve had. … Enjoy! :slight_smile:

Throwing in another wrap idea… Wife ran to the store to pick some stuff up, so I played around with some ingredients. Similar to the ‘Two-Egg Sour Cream Wrap’ I did above in the thread, I wanted to try changing it up some. Basically threw in some stuff to see how it might work…

Simply Egg Wrap?

• 1 Egg
  • 2 tbsp. Sour Cream
  • 1 tbsp Coconut Flour
  • 1tbsp Mayonnaise
  • 1/4 tsp. Baking Powder
  • 1 tbsp. Grated Parmesan Cheese
  • 1 oz. Water
  • Dash of Sea Salt

It wasn’t bad. Seemed to be pliable, and wasn’t as thick. So I may use this one some more, and may tweak it some more, trying out some things. - I cooked it on low (#2 out of 9 on my stove) and I let it cook for about 8 to 10 minutes. I wanted to make sure it wasn’t wet before attempting to flip it. Which, as you can see, I actually broke a small piece with my fingers. I didn’t use a spatula, but simply worked the edge loose and simply pealed it up and turned it over with my hands. … Afterward, I flipped it back to show what each side looks like. The second side appears more wrap like, whereas the original side has a smoother and darker color, since it was poured in as liquid.

I didn’t use any butter, just non-stick pan… Had to slightly lift the pan and help it flow to the edges some.
IMG_8850

The darker side was the first cooked side…
IMG_8851 IMG_8852

Guess you could use it either side, but the broken spot still bothers me… :smile:
IMG_8854 IMG_8853

Test rolled folding and rolling it… didn’t crack or break up and held up pretty good.
IMG_8855 IMG_8857

Wouldn’t be a test without trying it, so looked in the fridge and found some Turkey Salad… Didn’t add anything else, but salt, and cut the one end to have the Wife try it. She wouldn’t take half though.
IMG_8860

So in the end it works… The Wife also mentioned that it wasn’t ‘Eggy’ in taste either. Actually I’m not sure since I’ve been having some sinus issues the past couple days, but it didn’t seem to have a whole lot of taste in general. Which isn’t a bad thing, being it’s use as a wrap. Wouldn’t compete with stuffings.