My Keto Recipes

:+1: Hope you post how they come out. :slight_smile:

(traci simpson) #94

how many carbs?

(traci simpson) #95

I think I might try this but put it in my deep fryer!!!

Not sure? Never worked it out really. But the carbiest thing would be the Zucchini, so guess it would depend on the size you ate. Since the rest is mostly Meats and Cheese.

Probably be nice too. I just found that putting the dough in the oven for 4 or 5 minutes keeps it pliable, but without this, it’s way too soft to work with. … Hope you let me know how it comes out. :slight_smile:

(traci simpson) #97

They turned out pretty good!

Decided to make a Breakfast Pizza this morning…

Breakfast Pizza

** 12 Large Eggs*
** Oregano (I used about a tbsp or so)*
** 1 Cup Almond Flour *
** 1 Cup Mozzarella Cheese (Dough/Base)*
** 1-1/2 to 2 Cups Mozzarella Cheese (Topping)*
** Thick Bacon (to your liking - I used 10 or 12?)*
** Sausage (I used 1 of the Roll type)*
** Pepperoni (to your liking… Plenty) :slight_smile:*

Bake at 400° - Dough/Base for 12 minutes
Bake at 400° - Finished Pizza for 20 Minutes or until golden brown

Crust:

Cracked 12 Large Eggs into a large bowl. Added the Oregano and stirred until well blended. Added the Almond Flour and 1 Cup of Mozzarella Cheese and stirred until well blended.

Then I poured the mix into a 8.5" x 15" baking/cookie sheet. … Bake at 400° for 12 minutes.

Added some Rao’s Marinara Sauce…

Added about 1-1/2 Cups of Mozzarella Cheese to start…

Added the Sausage and Bacon…

Added Pepperoni and a little more Cheese, which I finds helps keep toppings in place some…

Then baked it for 20 minutes at 400°… Came out quite nice indeed.

It actually came out like a Deep-Dish, and here I wasn’t sure if 12 Eggs was enough. But it was, and can only imagine how thick it would have been, had I used 18, like I was thinking at first?

Will definitely be making more of these. Wife and Son both liked it too, and even asked if I can cook it extra next time, for crunchier crust. :slight_smile: … Wife also said she might like this better then the Fat-Head Pizza. … I was actually thinking I might even be able to move down to 10 Eggs, and the Wife suggested this as well. The crust actually came out nicely, but a bit thinner might have been even better?

What Did You Keto Today? Part IV
What Did You Keto Today? The Trilogy!
What Did You Keto Today? Part IV
What Did You Keto Today? The Trilogy!

I had actually tried this out on a smaller scale just last week? By just using a skillet, and make the dough on the stove-top. It worked and might even be better for, say, a personalized sized Pizza.

In case it’s useful, I mixed 3 Eggs into a bowl, add some Oregano, 1 tbsp. Almond Flour and a nice pinch of Mozzarella Cheese and blended well…

The one thing about doing this on the stove-top, it does allow you to flip it. So I just wait until the top has solidified to where it wasn’t liquid, and you can also make up a few to work with too.

Once done I just added the Sauce…

Added Cheese…

And then just some Pepperoni…

It did come out fine, but I did notice it rounded some in the center, which is natural. But found some of the toppings may slide off while baking. (I baked at 400° for about 18 minutes. But it was still good. :slight_smile:

(Diane) #100

Very inventive. I’ll be trying this someday soon!

Just dropping this in here. Decided to just wing it and try something new this morning…

Cheesy Tuna Patties

Took Tuna Fish, added Mozzarella Cheese, Old Bay and Eggs and made patties for frying.

2 Large cans Tuna ‘All White’ Albacore
1-1/2 Cups Mozzarella Cheese
2 Large Eggs
1/2 tbsp. Old Bay

Emptied 2 Large Cans of All White Albacore Tuna into a bowl. After draining out the oil.

Added 1/2 tbsp. Old Bay and mixed well… Added 1-1/2 Cups Mozzarella Cheese and mixed again

Added 2 Large Eggs and mixed until blended.

The patties are a little loose and I may look at adding something to help tighten them up some? But once in the pan, if you fry them up pretty good, they do hold together well. (I would try to keep the patties from being too large, since that would aid in them being more flexible.) … But once flipped, I just made sure to grill them a little crispy, and they were pretty good indeed. Wife and Son both liked them, and said they didn’t even really taste like Tuna Fish overall. But it was something different in the end, I’m sure we will be trying these again. … (Actually made three, then added some Yellow Mustard to the last one, and I really liked the extra flavor it gave it. But I wasn’t sure the Family would like it that way, so only made the last one that way. But I’m sure there is a bunch of other stuff that could be added to change it up some. :slight_smile:

The one with the added Mustard was a bit bigger, but still worked. I just found getting it in the pan a little harder than the first ones. It’s why I mentioned keeping the patties from being too large.

(traci simpson) #102

was it firm or floppy?

(PJ) #103

I use a similar recipe for what I call ‘disks’. I use coconut flour and gelatin or collagen hydrolysate instead of almond flour, and vastly less eggs. It makes a dough, not a batter. Then I either press it flat (even with hands, though it’s thicker, or with a tortilla press, using parchment paper). I bake it on a ceramic nonstick sheet. I mention this because the ceramic sheet makes it rather crispy on the bottom, if put on a rack to cool, and it sounds like something your family might like. Using a tortilla press, I get quite a few disks to bake, so their ECC count is about 1 or <1 each.

They’re pretty firm. I think adding a little Mozzarella in them as I do helps with this. (But I don’t measure, but simply add some. Probably a 1/4 cup or so?) But I also cook them up a little extra too. But they have become one of my favorites especially since it’s so easy. Plus it’s so much different from the normal breakfast foods, and not as greasy, so it works out quite well. :slight_smile:

Thanks, PJ

Yeah, I actually made the most recent ones a bit thinner as well, since the Wife was asking if I could. (Though I don’t mind them either way) I also added twice as much Almond Flour last time just to see how it does, and it did make it a little less eggy if one does like the eggy-ness. This and a larger pan allowed it to be larger, but thinner. … But always experimenting on something different, or trying new things. … I also thought about using Coconut Flour, but I know how bad it can suck up moisture, so wasn’t sure if they would dry out too much, plus, I like how I can just pour in the mix and cook. When I do the full Fat-Head Pizza, It’s mostly cheeses, so I have to press them out to shape. But this is just something quick and easy.

(traci simpson) #106

Try ground pork rinds to bond it together

(traci simpson) #107

You can use - eggs, parm cheese, seasonings of your choice and make a flatbread.

I actually thought of trying minced Chicken, but didn’t think of Pork. But other then Bacon, I’m not much on Pork really. But who knows? Might be good. :slight_smile:

(traci simpson) #109

You can’t taste the pork. It’s like Panko. they even sell pork panko at amazon,

Thanks, will be looking into it. :slight_smile:

(PJ) #111

Yeah, you gotta use like 1/3 the amount of coconut flour if you go that route, and I usually use either gelatin or collagen hydrolysate with it. I love nut/seed meals, I just get a horrific pain the instant it hits my lower intestine until the instant it dumps out, which I did not have at first, and have no freakin idea why. I ended up sending a small fortune worth of nut & seed meals to an LC friend because I cannot ingest even tiny quantities of them. (More mysterious: I can eat nuts just fine. Surely chewing them makes them meal? Why would this matter??? But it does. Weirdly, my best friend, who is from a celiac family, has the same situation.) Anyway, nothing is as good as almond meal in breadishes. But the coconut meal + protein powder has become a decent sub for me, it won’t make the many things almond meal will like pound cake and pretzels and breadishness, but it’ll make a thin pizza crust at least. I’m going to see if tossing that mix into my chaffle batter improves it because right now the browned-egg-protein my brain gets from it is horrific. It’s so uncool not to love chaffles right now. :rofl:

(Jane) #112

@Digital_Dave Your egg-cauliflower salad always looks so delicious - can you post the recipe here for it please?

Thanks!