My 7 Day Bacon Fast (challenge)

(joievawter) #1

My Bacon Fast results:

Scale:
Down 3#s (maybe more but my cycle came early so yeah, hormones)

NSV:
My inflammation is down (scar tissue & arthritis)
My head is very clear (no brain fog)
My seasonal allergies are very mild (I keep forgetting to take the meds)
Energy is through the roof (I am even MORE productive than usual)
My daily pain level is lower (I don’t think it will ever be completely gone…I need a miracle for that)
My waist is back to normal size
My face isn’t puffy anymore
My hair, skin and nails are very happy & healthy
My clothes fit great (no muffin top)
I am feeling more comfortable in my skin
I still LOVE bacon
I enjoyed the fast
My ketones are high (I am in deep ketosis)

Overall:
I found this type of fast to be enjoyable while capable of breaking a plateau. It is a great way to get into ketosis for those that are newer and a great way to get back into ketosis for those that fell out. It is a fantastic way for those that are in ketosis but wish to get into a deeper state.
This is a phenomenal way for diabetics to work on lowering their basal insulin.
This is a fantastic way to lower inflammation as well.
This fast is quite versatile as far as you can choose the length and you will results that are positive for your health & well being whether it is 7 days (like me) or 30 days or so.
The protein to fat ratio is equal (perfect) and the amino acid profile is better than the beef amino acid profile.
Bacon requires no insulin response which is great for diabetics and those of us that are insulin resistant.
No insulin response, means “Hello!” glucagon my lovely friend that helps me drop the weight all the time while insulin is not active.
Insulin stores fat while glucagon kicks it to the curb (well, it makes us use it for energy first then kicks it to the curb).
I am so glad I tried this. I will use it from time to time when I feel I may need a reset, breakthrough a plateau or if I desire to go into deep ketosis.

Cheers!

All bacon is to be weighed pre-cooked:
Men eat 1.5-2#s a day
Women eat 1-1.5#s a day

Cook the bacon how you wish, you can season it to change up the flavor as well.
You can eat eggs on this to change it up as well. Just take away 2 slices of bacon per egg for the day.
You can do this fast as clean as you want.
I chose to have 1/2 caff. coffee with 2tbs hwc, 1/3tbs butter & 1/4tsp sea salt, twice a day.

Bacon fast - science and does it work to get ripped?
December IF/EF chat - all welcome!
Butter divine
(joievawter) #3

I ended up down a total of 4#s!

Congrats! Thanks for giving me the motivation to start tomorrow! I think I will try 3 days to start.

(Natalie Palombi) #5

I’m starting a bacon/egg protocol like this today! :slight_smile:

(joievawter) #6

You will not have any regrets! I am going to do one again soon.

(joievawter) #7

How’d your bacon fast go?

(joievawter) #8

How’d your protocol go?

(What The Fast?!) #9

Ummmm…yes!!! I want to try this!!! I’ve been doing regular fasting (with coffee, tea, and a little cream or MCT in coffee) 2-3 days at a time with slow losses. If I can lose just as much eating bacon, I’m all for it!
Did the weight stay off and did you do Intermittent fasting during the bacon fast? Also. Did you eat the grease as well?

(joievawter) #10

Yes, it did. I usually do 16/8 IF except on Saturdays.

(What The Fast?!) #11

Cool, so you split up the bacon into two meals? Did you eat eggs at all or just bacon? (I’m literally making bacon right now to start!) I’m just about 24 hours fasted and figured why not start now.

(Rick) #12

How is your bacon fast going? So far so good with mine, will see after 7 days how well it works. Hope it’s going well for you!

Where did you start… Weight and activity level?

(What The Fast?!) #14

12/7 146.4 BM Started bacon experiment in the evening
12/8 145.1, day 2 bacon have a bad cold, taking lots of vitamins and water
12/9 141.8 day 3 bacon w/o: hot yoga in AM
12/10 143.5 day 4 bacon Still a little sick
12/11 143.5 day 5 bacon feeling much better, w/o: TRX/kettlebell in AM
12/12 144.5 day 6 bacon w/o: tennis in evening

I was super bloated and I’m sure retaining water from workouts and my cold. I have to assume that’s why my weight isn’t dropping. Although, prior to this I was fasting with multiple 48+ hour fasts each week, so I don’t know if bacon will make me lose as compared to extended fasting. Here’s to hoping.

(Rick) #15

Keep it up, sounds like you are making progress despite some obstacles! I’m 3 days in and it looks like I am 2 lbs down. Here’s hoping you feel better!

I look forward to trying a bacon fast in my future.

(Sophie) #17

Thanks for this topic. I think this will be fun to try after the New Year when all the crap settles down. I’ve done just an egg fast with success and can’t think of a better way to start 2018! :fried_egg::bacon:

(betsy.rome) #18

I just baked off a package of Aldi’s applewood bacon. Sounds like a holiday recovery plan! great idea, will be joining ya’s.

(Madge Boldt) #19

I’m in on this bacon fast idea! I derailed on Christmas and am struggling to get back to awesome ketosis. Re-started today but you know, it’s only 10am. Am attempting standard fast today.

(joievawter) #20

Just bacon. If You want to do eggs too. Just replace two strips of bacon per egg.

(joievawter) #21

You got this!