December IF/EF chat - all welcome!

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #133

Stay tuned for my next 96 hour fast starting Saturday night…I’m gearing up…So to speak

(Doug) #134

Ischial tuberosity - we have a pair of these, the bones in your butt that you sit on. Definitely feeling them…:smile:

(What The Fast?!) #135

You guys…I’m going to do a bacon fast!!! I just read about it and TBH it sounds incredible!!! 1.5lbs of Bacon a day and I can lose weight?! Ok! Wish me luck.

(Rick) #136

Good luck!! How does that fast work??

(Doug) #137

Good luck, Andrea. :slightly_smiling_face:

But honestly, that doesn’t sound like a ‘fast’ to me. It sounds like breakfast. :smile:

(What The Fast?!) #138

RIGHT?! Sounds too good to be true!
@azviking here’s a link to @joievawter 's post about it. My 7 Day Bacon Fast (challenge)
Also you can go to this site for all the info: http://www.bacon4free.com/optin

(Rick) #139

Thanks!!! :smile:

(What The Fast?!) #140

My first post about it…

(Liz ) #141

That’s a great fast! And super that your response to cake & ice cream was Keto pizza, fist bump! I don’t see why you can’t fast some more, if your body is up for it, why not? I try to eat a bunch of fat before I fast & that’s definitely been helpful. After breaking my 70 hour fast with a very fatty meal I fasted 20 hours til dinner the next evening with no effort. Cheering you on!

(Liz ) #142

96 hours!! Very cool. We’re here backing you up!

(Liz ) #143

Lol makes me want some bacon REAL BAD :bacon: :bacon: :bacon:

I really hope it works! I’ve been buying the nitrate free Hormel brand. It’s pricy but I really like the flavor. I got some bacon from a local farm which was REALLY expensive and I thought it tasted meh! So I put it in a soup.

(Nicole Sawchuk) #144

Are you saying you go too much or not at all? When I fast, its like someone turns on a faucet. I figure its my body flushing out the junk and I just let it happen.

I also regain a small amount after breaking a fast. On average, you only lose 0.5 lbs/day during a fast. While this does vary from person to person, very often when you lose more, its just water. When you gain some back, its water weight. This is especially true now that I am down to my last 5 - 10 lbs left to lose. But when I look at the overall monthly average loss, its around 1 - 2 lbs which to me is great progress at this stage! Your progress shows some great losses so I think you are on the right track!

(KCKO, KCFO) #145

I ended my fast at 45hrs. Today I’m doing IF today. Saturday I will start another 36 hrs. fast.

Love reading everyone’s results.

(Dawn Comber) #146

What Ellen (@Elle79). Totally late to this thread but am reading from top to bottom. You all inspire me and thank you!

I have done a couple of 24 hr fasts. I’m such a newbie. I’ve been Ifing consistently for a few weeks. I said I wanted to try the November ZornFast. Didn’t happen :smirk:

After reading this thread (only 1/3 way through), I am seriously considering trying the ZornFast. I want what many of you have! You ROCK, keto people!

(What The Fast?!) #147

I’m the opposite. I go rarely (1-2x a week) and it’s very impacted, hard, and PAINFUL. I take a lot of magnesium daily, drink lots of water, take salt, etc. I’ve been adding more and more salt lately and am going to try adding chia seeds as well. I wanted to wait til after the bacon fast so I could just have bacon for the next few days, but we’ll see I guess.

(Allie) #148

@KetoLikeaLady I wouldn’t advise chia seeds if you’re already constipated… they’d just add more bulk tbh.

(What The Fast?!) #149

Really? I’ve read a lot on the topic and chia seeds are all soluble fiber, which is what ketogenic eating is lacking in. Carbs like grains, sweet potatoes, etc contain soluble fiber that pulls water into the stool. All the veggies we eat (asparagus, cauliflower, etc) are insoluble and do not. Avocado and chia seed are supposed to be 2 solid sources of soluble fiber that should help to move things along, as it were.

Would love to hear experiences.

Warrior fast today, I managed all five workdays this week.

(Allie) #151

@KetoLikeaLady they aren’t right for everyone - I tried them, soaked them overnight and blended them but they made me constipated for the first time in my life so did some digging and found they’re not as helpful as people often think they are.

(What The Fast?!) #152

Thank you for sharing! I try to eat a lot of avocado as well.