My 7 Day Bacon Fast (challenge)

(joievawter) #22

Well done!

(mags) #23

Iā€™d love an update on this. Did you find this a successful fast? Anyone still doing it?

Iā€™m starting this today for the Zorn fast. A water fast isnā€™t practical for me at the moment, but I think this will work! Been keto 4 months, lost 30 pounds, age 67, 5-1 and 139 pounds.

(mags) #25

Please let me know how you get on. I try to fast 3 days a week but sometimes I just really struggle. Iā€™m going thro a rough patch at the moment so am up for something new.

(Ashley) #26

@Anniegirl9 hereā€™s some info on people who have done it previously!

(Nathanael Schulte) #27

I still do this pretty often, though I still drink coffee with heavy cream too. Itā€™s a great proxy because Iā€™m still at a point where Iā€™m having some stress issues and tapering down off a couple meds (Lisinopril and Lexapro) and am not having a great time just doing straight fasting right now. My scale weight hasnā€™t been a reliable measure because of all this either, mainly having to judge off of general mood and brain fog or lack thereof.

(mags) #28

Thanks for letting me know. Iā€™m going to give it a try. Everyone is always going on about bacon but I rarely eat it. Have built up a big stock in the fridge tho so may start to work thro it next week. Do you eat egg with it sometimes?

(Nathanael Schulte) #29

Sometimes. I just did a road trip eating mainly precooked bacon and a bag of hard boiled eggs when we headed out. Worked pretty good.

(mags) #30

How much bacon do you have per day? Sorry to interrogate you :grinning:

(Short224) #31

I want in on this bacon fast ! I would love to hear from people on how there results were .

(LeeAnn Brooks) #32

I tried to start the bacon fast today (again). Except I raced home to make my evening bacon before heading off to a family function, only to find my son ate my bacon. Again!!!

So tuna it is.:frowning:

(Ashley) #33

Itā€™s okay Iā€™ve made bacon and had to remake bacon on the challenge I did bcos ppl didnā€™t realize at first I intended to eat it all lol.

(Ashley) #34

221 starting, lost 8lbs in 7 days. Redoing the challenge again starting tomorrow. Ymmv depending on what you need to lose.

(Ashley) #35

1 to 1 1/2 lbs per day for women.

(Ashley) #36

Basically the same challenge as per 2 slices of bacon can be replaced with eggs

(Nathanael Schulte) #37

Roughly 1-1.5lbs precooked weight

(mags) #38

Thatā€™s a lot of :bacon:. I shall start cooking pronto

(LeeAnn Brooks) #39

Okay, made a 11pm run to the store last night (because thatā€™s the only free time I had) to buy some more bacon. That should get me through a couple days. Then Iā€™ll bring home the real stash from Costco when I work next. With a few extra packages just in case.

Iā€™m back on, starting today.:bacon::bacon::bacon::bacon::yum:

(Raj Seth) #40

I wish I could fit the bacon challenge into my schedule. I have a 3 days on 3 off schedule. Easier to fast when traveling. Then I like to cook for my family and keto wife when Iā€™m homeā€¦

(Ashley) #41

Could always cook ahead!!!