Bacon fast - science and does it work to get ripped?

(Magnus Jensen) #1

I have been reading about only eating bacon for an extended period of time and loose weight this way.
My goal is to recompose even a bit more (I have little body fat allready, 12% ish and I am quite lean - see picture). This is a stratgey I want to try to get really ripped (I work out a lot and I am fat-adated).

My questions are, does anybody know if this is a good stratgey to getting ripped and/or are there other more suiteable strategies? Of course I am doing IF and EF from time to time, but I must eat something in order to build/masintain muscles as well and maybe the protein in bacon could sustain me this way?

If bacon fasting “works” in loosing weight, why? Do you need to eat just bacon and still be in caloric deficit to make this work for weigh loss?

You’re doing a great job of hiding that 12%!!!

(Pete A) #3

Uh, you look a little ripped already? :grinning:

Try a bacon fast. You may see results.

(Magnus Jensen) #4

Yes, will try it out. Red that u are going to eat 2lbs per day of uncooked bacon. However that corresponds to something like 5000 kcal per day (perfect fat/protein ratio though). Should I be doing deficit on calories when doing bacon fast?

(Pete A) #5

It depends on who you ask. Much popular thinking is to run a surplus to build muscle, deficit to lose fat. Personally although I lift, I still have more body fat to lose, so stick around maintenance calories, and see results.

(Carl Keller) #6

This person seemed to enjoy her bacon fast:

But you should get the a t-shirt to make it official:

(Katie the Quiche Scoffing Stick Ninja ) #7

Isn’t he just :joy:

I’d throw some eggs in there, because I’m a rebel like that :joy:

(Dan Quibell) #8

I made a free PDF that also explains how to do “The Bacon Experiment” it’s not really a “fast”. This works well because you get a 1:1 protein to fat ratio, you are in a calorie deficit and it gives you enough sodium for electrolytes.

(Zell Martin) #9

I need help to understand. Women eat 1 lb and a half a day? .so how many pieces is that? And also is that all we’re eat for the entire day?