Million Dollar spaghetti, keto-hacked by Zorn

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #1

I have keto-hacked million dollar spaghetti.

Melt butter into shiritaki noodles. Heat sour cream and cream cheese together, stir in buttered noodles. Place creamy noodles into a casserole dish. Pour tomato sauce over(add browned ground beef here if you wish, I did not), cover in a cheddar/mozzarella shredded cheese layer, top with shredded fresh parmesan. Bake at 350* F until heated through and cheese is melted and toasty.!

Lots of questions, doubts and in need of advice
Sample menu for lunch and dinner
Can I eat around the pasta?

This looks too good! How many carbs in the sauce Brenda?

Feeding a big group - Need help with what to make
(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #3

Very Nice! Thank you :smiley:

(Jeremy Storie) #5

Rao’s is reall good as well and is only 2 net carbs per half cup.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #6

A lot of people like the taste, and it is low carb…

BUT…

At $8 a jar for Raos, I’ll stick with my local brand. It’s $4, and $2.50 on sale.

:zornface:

(Jeremy Storie) #7

Can’t beat that :+1:

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #8

SOME of us are on a budget.

Pfffft.

(Georgia) #9

I saw this recipe the other day and thought about making it with zucchini noodles. I’ve never tried the shiritaki noodles before. It might be close to the original than with zucchini.

I’m going to go for inexpensive as well, and season it up w/ my own spices if need be. Time to check those labels!

I know, huh!? I just bought my first jar, couldn’t believe the price (it’s imported), so I am planning on doing the ice cube tray since I don’t like a lot of sauce anyway. Going to get my money’s worth and every last drop! Most of the time sauce gets used once and then goes bad in the fridge.

(Jeremy Storie) #12

The last jar I bought was used only for pizza sauce and I was very stingy :joy:

(Jacob Wagner) #13

Do you have measurements for the ingredients?

–Jacob

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #14

No. I can guesstimate for you:
For this 2 quart casserole I used 2 pkgs shiritaki noodles with 2 tablespoons butter melted in, 4 ounces each of cream cheese and sour cream. A half pound of ground beef would fit here, in 2 cups spaghetti sauce.
Top with one cup each cheddar and mozzarella, and finish topping with a half cup shredded parmeson.

(Jacob Wagner) #15

Thank you @Brenda. Do you rinse your noodles first?

–Jacob

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #16

2 cups sauce was an overesitmation. More like one. And I rinse the noodles in hot water, yes.

(Momo) #17

Won’t lie I’ve been a big coward where shiritaki noodles are concerned ---- I’ve been told they smell funny and they look so gross in their lil bubble packages

(Brian) #18

Thank you, Momo, I was afraid I was the only one. LOL!!

(jilliangordona) #19

This is SO the first meal I am having when I break my fast.

As for the sauce topic, I buy crushed tomatoes and put it in a saucepan, add garlic salt, Italian seasoning, pepper, and olive oil for my own sauce. At 49¢ a can, can’t beat it.

(jilliangordona) #20

So I was scared too, even grossed out when I first open the package (still am) but they are mighty good! The right sauce is key.