Maintenance Strategies?

(Anne Brodie) #67

Have to say, this idea is absolutely genius. I’ve been developing meal menus to draw from but still have to figure out which to have each day.

(Frank) #68

I guess I’m lucky. I usually eat similarly week over week. As long as I have ground beef, salmon, a steak or two, shrimp, chicken thighs, spinach, avocados, asparagus, and broccoli, I’m pretty set. I think I may add a few extras on the wheel for carnivore, vegetarian, vegan, etc.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #69

I added those three as well, just for variation. Can’t wait to see your new thread on the subject.

(Frank) #70

I’m kinda jazzed about it too. I am aware though that there are going to be selections that I’m not fond of for sure. I’m not a big EF guy since being in maint so that’s going to be tough when/if I spin that. 24hrs is easy still.

(Stacy Lee) #71

Do you go through keto flu again after the carb heavy?

(Ken) #72

No, never. I go back and forth with no noticeable effects.

What does maintainence look like?
(Katie the Quiche Scoffing Stick Ninja ) #73

Are you still using this method? Is it fun?!

(Empress of the Unexpected) #74

It is fun, and gets me thinking about ways to shake things up, but do I do it every day? Honestly, no.

(Mel Simpson) #75

Uhmm…I want your problem.
You have obviously revved up your metabolism…good for you.
Exercising may actually help.

(Wendy) #76

I am still losing though slower now. I’ve added more nuts and try to eat whenever I feel hungry. I don’t fast except from last meal until usually late breakfast/lunch time so average 17 hours from last meal. Sometimes earlier if I have opportunity and I’m really hungry.
So I’m hoping the extra nuts will do it. I’m about 10 pounds below my goal weight which was 132. I’m a 5’6 ft almost 54 year old woman.
I don’t work out though have an active job. In the summer I liked walking for the enjoyment of it but I live near Chicago/Milwaukee area and it’s just too icky out for me to enjoy at all. So the only exercise I get is at work where I walk a lot and climb ladders and lift freight and merchandise.
Oh and I eat plenty of protein and never have worried about how much fat, so eat the healthiest fats I can, generously.
I did gain a little over Christmas where I “cheated” and ate some definitely unketo foods and drank Eggnog. So if I ever need to gain I can always drink more Oberweis Eggnog. :grin:

(KCKO, KCFO) #77

Well I think I can say that I have driven my set point down 3 lbs. I do not consider myself a slave to the scale, but I do weigh myself daily just to observe what happens. I did a trending chart and see that my new weight is 3 lbs. less than my original goal weight.

I find I am ok with Dr. Panda’s TEW protocol. Most days it is 6 hrs. but on the weekends, I extend it to 8 hrs. Only difference I can tell is drinking coffee starts the clock for TEW as opposed to coffee being allowed on IF protocols. I start my day with a cup or two of hot water only instead of coffee with HWC. I am not tempted as much by late night snacking now either. I eat as much as I want during my TEW, even upped some of the carbs, mostly nuts after dinner. I plan to do the Feb. Zornfast for a 48 hr. fast, but otherwise stick to this til the end of Feb. and will decide then if I want to continue eating this way.

Hope all the Maintenance Crew members are doing well this month.

(KCKO, KCFO) #78

Did the Zornfast, went 66 hrs. I was really enjoying not eating.

Hope everyone else is rockin’ this WOE.

(Mel Simpson) #79

Is there a March fast coming up and when does it start?

(KCKO, KCFO) #80

Brenda will be posting that under the Fasting subforum. It is the third Thursday of each month.

If you want fasting support, there is a monthly IF/EF fasting group that is very active.

(KCKO, KCFO) #81

Just posting the current link to the monthly IF/EF chat: June 2019 - IF/EF Chat Thread (All Welcome)

(JJ) #82

Just brilliant. Thank you for taking the time to write such a well considered response. Lots of it resonated with me and will definitely have usefulness in my own maintenance.

Satiety is not a reliable signal for me either, my own headspace is too tricky around this to let the physical sensation prevail.

(jacqueline orrence) #83

I added the App and it is fun!

(Susan) #84

This is an excellent post you made, thank you (I am no where near this) but it is terrific. I am glad that someone found it and bumped it. It deserves a sticky it is spot on!

(KCKO, KCFO) #85

Welcome to the Maintenance Crew Jake1.

Are you near maintenance or have you been maintaining for a while?

(jacqueline orrence) #86

I’ve been in maintenance for about two weeks, though am toying with losing a bit more weight-about 5 more pounds. I’m doing Keto OMAD now with success.