MARCH 2019 IF/EF Chat ALL WELCOME

(KCKO, KCFO) #1

Just to get us going.

I’m cruising along at 36 hrs. will probably eat at noon, so I can get back into the TRE window protocol.

KCFO

Fasting until Friday - want to join?
FEBRUARY 2019 IF/EF Chat ALL WELCOME
Fasting support
Noob wants to do a long fast
Close thread, point to new thread
Maintenance Strategies?
(Mel Simpson) #2

I just finished a 96-hour fat fast and it was great I lost seven or eight lb in that time although it isn’t about weight loss for me. I had a going-away party for a nurse that I worked with last night at my home and it was potluck and there was so much food here I did so well at first and then when midnight rolled around I just started eating all the cakes and high sugar foods that people had brought so I was up 2 lb this morning. I am hoping to start another egg fast or fat fast in the next few days. I really feel so much better when I’m doing that and after. Was going to try and get back on track today but drop my children off at school went for a massage came home and I had major food thoughts of this chocolate cake that was left over from last night and I had a gigantic piece of it with ice cream and some strawberries and raspberries. Such bad cravings. If anyone is interested in doing a fast with me or an egg fast with me or a fat fast with me I would welcome that. I always find that I do better when I am doing it with somebody. It holds me accountable.

(Susan) #3

48 hours into a water/black coffee fast with electrolytes.
It’s going more smoothly today. I am not hungry at all. No hunger pangs since yesterday. Grandson is away for the weekend, so I have no carbage temptations.

(KCKO, KCFO) #4

My 36 hrs. expanded to 44 hrs. Went back to the TRE window, cruising along with that for right now. Will probably do another 36-48 hr. fast starting on Wed. Seems to be my easiest time to do the longer fasting.

Hope everyone is doing well. KCFO

7 Day Water Fast, Support?
(Allie) #5

Thanks for starting the thread @collaroygal :heart:

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #6

Will start my weekly EF after lunch today. Feeding window today will be 3 to 4 hours. Hope to get to 48+ hours on this fast.

(Allie) #7

I think next week I’ll just do my regular IF schedule. Last week was ADF (eating Tues and Thurs only) which seemed to work well, until Friday when I felt awful and really struggled so decided to eat (I was at 31 hours so still long enough to count). Maybe next time I do ADF I will do it the other way around, with Tues and Thurs being my fasting days rather than eating days. Weekends I tend not to fast at all, unless it just happens naturally.

Well, shortly after having a mid-day meal, got the call that we have to work tonight for another snow storm that ‘may’ produce some accumulations. Which is also just in a few hours. So will probably not get any sleep, but today’s mid-day, may actually become an EF, since I will most likely just not eat until tomorrow night’s meal? Or the next? … Don’t know just yet, but I’ve been wanting to put some smaller Fast in anyway, so it’s all good. :slight_smile: … The no sleep is the bigger issue. :neutral_face:

(Allie) #9

Stay warm and safe Dave :heart:

Thank you Ma’am, I will try to do so indeed. :slight_smile: … Just a few more weeks til Spring! :wink: Can’t wait!

Well, this is typical… Alarm went off and I started getting dressed, only to receive a call saying they are cancelling the storm event. :cloud_with_snow: :roll_eyes: …not like I actually slept or anything. Just an hour or so. But at least I don’t have to go in until regular time tomorrow now. - Come on Spring! :+1:

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #12

I can be behind that sentiment.

(Susan) #13

I finished up my 72 hour fast last night. Will continue with OMAD .

(Carol) #14

I just finished up a 134 hour fast - just snuck it in for my February 5 day EF. I confess, when I looked at my calendar, I fasted more days than I ate in February. I think I’m addicted. And here I am wondering what day (or two?) I will skip this week. Is this better or worse than a carb addiction? :smile:

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #15

I am so sluggisch and tired… can’t wait to get to a fasting high.
I am currently at 12h goal is 72 if possible

(KCKO, KCFO) #16

Well it is more healthy than carb addiction. Just as long as you are refeeding well, shouldn’t be a problem if you have more fat stores to lose.

I’m doing TRE protocol and I really missed my usual Wed. night to Sat. weekly fasting days at first. But it is all good now.

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #17

Who would have thought the fasting high would come so quickly. Hiting 23h and it must have been at least 4 months since I was last that energized during zumba class. Dropping dairy during feasting seems to do the trick for me…
Already looking forward to tomorrows group fitness class…

(Brennan) #18

24 hours in feeling a little sluggish. Salted coffee to the rescue!

Thinking of doing a 5 day EF this the around.

(Brennan) #19

Nothing derails a good EF like your bestie wanting to go out and celebrate a new job. I’m out see y’all in a couple days :wink:

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #20

New jobs are usually good. Tell your bestie congrats.