January 2020 IF/EF Chat Thread (All Welcome)

(Mame) #181

of course. and perhaps some day my scale will show me an equally nice pattern :laughing:

(ks) #182

What do CGM and GKI mean? Iā€™m new around here. Was able to figure out bg and bk :slight_smile:

(Susan) #183

This page might be helpful =).

(ks) #184

Thanks, however CGM wasnā€™t on there

(Susan) #185

Oh okay, sorry I donā€™t know what it is either --I just have that page Bookmarked for short forms.

(Jane) #186

Continuous Glucose Monitor?

(Justin Jordan) #187

Continuous Glucose Meter, usually

(Mame) #188

Not sure if this is a fast or not. I have plans for super distractions tonight, so it may work for me. I feel fine brain-wise so thatā€™s good. Will take measurements after workā€¦

Good wishes to all fasting on this fine day!

(Justin Jordan) #189

Fasting today.

Eating a lot of protein yesterday seems to have had an effect on my desire to eat (not hunger, which is usually not an issue) today.

(KCKO, KCFO) #190

Iā€™m going to do a 48 hr. fast after dinner tonight.

I also wanted to share an interesting story. Because I am feasting today, so I can do a fast, I went to breakfast with my husband. We were talking to the waitperson and she mentioned she does intermittent fasting for a couple of months now. and the guy next my husband, said me too.I then mentioned I had been going it for over two years now. And the guy sitting beside me said he does it as well. One guy eats paleo, the other just whole foods, the gal does that as well, and I mentioned I did keto. And we all felt this is the best WOE we had ever done.

Just shows how IFing is getting around, in all the food circles.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #191

Iā€™m planning on tomorrow being an OMAD (later afternoon) day. I donā€™t do many OMADs so Iā€™m trying this out. Friday am is protein + collagen feast meal because of Body by Science workout early Friday am.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #192

Several people I work with have mentioned IF but I have not had time to talk about their experiences. It is spreading.

Today was OMAD. No plan, I just ate when I felt the need for fuel, whatever I was able to (I kind of had enough of everything but need for fuel helped. And some dishes I rarely eat).
I thought maybe I will fast but my body had some other idea. No wonder, I didnā€™t eat much in the last days.
I probably will do OMAD tomorrow as well. I donā€™t feel compelled to eat lunch anymore (unless maybe if I cook something very interesting just before) and I can wait for the time when I really need food so I can eat enough for a day. Itā€™s different at extreme low-carb, I canā€™t eat a big meal for lunch if I am still quite fineā€¦

(Mame) #194

Another day, another omadā€¦ super distractions did not work quite as planned due to ice storm. Ah well tomorrow may be the day.

at 21 hours fasted bg=71, bk=3.2, gki=1.231

(Deborah) #195

Just started a fat fast and gonna see how far I can go. For anyone interested in a Coconut Oil fast here is a good video on it. I figure if I have a problem with Candida, or H Pylori or Parasites, this will help a lot, Then perhaps move into pure water fasting.

(Justin Jordan) #196

Another successful fast day.

I definitely felt less desire to eat than normal. Whether thatā€™s the higher protein yesterday, the placebo effect of just one of those things

(ks) #197

At about 85 hours this morning. bg-72, bk-2.6. Still wishing the ketones were higher but they have been climbing. Iā€™m debating if I should go with my originally intended 5 day fast (120 hrs) or try to go for a full 7 days. This is my first fast over 48 hours. Iā€™ve lost about 9 pounds as of this morning (goal is 50 pounds total loss) so thinking Iā€™ll be at about 11 pounds lost by tomorrow. No clue how much Iā€™ll put back on after I eat.

Iā€™m confident I could make it 7 days but just wondering if I shouldnā€™t push it this time and stop at 5 and wait a few weeks to do it again. I would absolutely love to eat but wouldnā€™t say Iā€™m very hungry. My wife and kids think Iā€™m completely insane for going this longā€¦

(Mame) #198

Ok, I have planned my evening so that there are several after work errands. The idea is that by the time I get home it will simply be too late to eat. It could work?!? :rofl:

(Deborah) #199

Well I made it a day with the Fast Fast, then broke it this morning with a big enough meal and starting another Fat Fast. If I donā€™t feel I need the oil, then great. I believe I will get to that point. But for the thyroid sake, Iā€™ll just take it slow.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #200

Well I just did not do OMAD. Many small stressors right now. Iā€™m needing to recommit to fasting.