January 2020 IF/EF Chat Thread (All Welcome)

(KCKO, KCFO) #1

fireworks

Happy 2020 everyone.

Now the feasting season has ended. Time to get back on track with the fasting.

December 2019 - IF/EF Chat Thread (All Welcome)
(Susan) #2

Thanks for starting the new thread with such a fun, colourful firework display @collaroygal

11:54am for me on the 31st here -having my friend and her hubby over for our yearly celebration this evening, and starting my IDM protocol tomorrow, and Wednesday is a Fasting day, so getting back on track then =).

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #3

I’m planning on doing a fast this week. I really like the benefits of autophagy, so I try to fast for 72 hours once or twice a month. I could fat longer with a fat fast, but I’m not sure how that would benefit me from an autophagy perspective. I do think it would help me get my GKI down however.

(Ian Patey) #4

Started a 24 hour fast today after an hour and a half walk in the woods. Will be fasting into the new year.

(Mark Nelson) #5

Toying around with the idea of fasting. I started carnivore just under 60 days ago so I’m concerned that changing to many things at once isn’t a great idea. I have a habit of taking on a lot of new things and end up not being able to complete them. As I’m an external processor, just as I typed that I’ve made the decision to lurk here for a bit :slight_smile:

Onward to better health in 2020 to you all!

(Justin Jordan) #6

And another successful day. As of late, I don’t get hungry at all on my fasting days, although I still want to eat.

Agreed! Thanks for starting this thread!

Best wishes and a Happy New Year to everyone!

I have stayed Keto throughout the holidays, but haven’t fasted for a while. I’ve been doing OMAD a lot, though, because it is difficult not to share in big family dinners. I even had a glass of champagne last night with my husband.

My plan is to fast today (January 1st) and to fast at least once more this week. We’ll see. I’ve been maintaining my weight for a while now, but want to start weight loss going once more.

I like the idea of alternate day fasting and feasting. Anyone tried that? Does this truly help raise metabolism? If I can push myself in that direction, ideally, I’d like to do that.

(KCKO, KCFO) #8

Mark, Intermittent fasting is pretty easy for most people even early on. Extended fasting, over 24 hrs. to days/weeks can be much more difficult. Being carnivore you might not even feel the need for any fasting.
Lurk and learn.

(Justin Jordan) #9

Happily, despite eating truly epic amounts of food last week, I’ve not gained any weight. It’s possible I even lost some.

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #10

I’m planning to fast starting after supper tonight. I’m thinking I’ll make it a 48-hour fast :slight_smile:
I’m waiting on some approvals on my cancer treatment meds (changing insurance put a delay on things), so I figure some fasting will be good. I may do two meals on Friday and then do another 48-hour fast, eating again on Sunday.

(Mame) #11

I am doing the Clark protocol for the first 22 days in January. 14 days of fasting and 8 of feeding.

so tomorrow will be a fasting Friday! And fasting Saturday… do we have a clever fasting name for Saturday? :rofl:

Happy 2020! Wishing us all a peaceful and very healthy year!

(Patricia) #12

AbStaining Saturday ??? :wink:

(Mame) #13

love it!! :orange_heart::orange_heart::orange_heart:

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #14

I was going to start a short fast tonight, but I’m going to abort it. I have a new medication to start (and I wasn’t expecting it to be ready so soon). I think its supposed to be taken 30 minutes before food. That asisde, I don’t want to have too many new things going on in my body at the same time. Well, really I don’t want to start a new med and fasting at the same time.

(KCKO, KCFO) #15

I’m doing a 36 hr. fast after the feasting. Started last night after a fondue dinner, so l should be good to breakfast tomorrow for sure, maybe even lunch time.

KCFO

(Jane Srygley) #16

OMG me too! I got all into Jason Fung and fasting and then I couldn’t do time restricted eating because I was never full, so I looked into carnivore and now I’m trying to basically combine everything :flushed:

Good luck on your journey!

I’m doing OMAD today. I got up to 25 hours on Tuesday. I plan to resume my 2x30 fasts on Tuesday and Thursday next week.

KCFO!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! :fireworks::sparkler::fireworks::tada::champagne:

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #17

There’s been some confusion and delay in getting my meds (only by a few days) so I’ll still do my fast. :smiley:

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #18

I’m about 40 hours into my fast. My ketones are a bit lower than I’d like, but I expect them to be up more 8 hours from now.

CGM: 63
BG: 62
BK: 1.4
GKI: 2.46

(Mame) #19

Fasting Friday! I am at 17+ hours, doing at least 48hours and trying to remember how to fast, lol. Feels like it’s been a long time. Will take blood measurements later and update.

at 21 hours: bg=81, bk=1.8, gki=2.49

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #20

Ended my fast just shy of 48hrs (going to 48 just wasn’t convenient).

BG: 62 (CGM: 63)
BK: 1.9
GKI: 1.81

I ate pretty well tonight, and may do another 48 hour-ish fast, skipping supper tomorrow. It’s going to be a few more days before I get my meds, so I’m utilizing fasting in the meantime.