January 2020 IF/EF Chat Thread (All Welcome)

(Justin Jordan) #201

Broke my fast at 11 this morning which was 41/42 hours.

I probably won’t eat again until tomorrow evening or, depending, Saturday

It seems I get hungry 3 hours after my meal unless I ate enough for the day without vegetables, at least lately. So I have 1 and about 4 hour long eating windows now. I get satiated way easier, all my macro numbers are smaller (but not too small) and if I eat this little, I can’t skip a day, my body demands fuel. At least it did this far.
I always knew that I can eat without hunger and appetite but I never disliked almost all the food items in existence before. For days. Eating is tricky but I manage. Some frequent items in the last weeks are out, it’s nice to have options even if I don’t desire any but able to eat this and that, at least a little.
Surreal.

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #203

Trying for 48 hours. May break at 36, depending on how I’m feeling. I’m hoping this fast will help bring my insulin down (did a test at 11a and 4p) and ketones up. But, I’m not sure what’s gonna happen if its the medicine causing the high insulin levels. My ketones have been hanging out around the 0.4 or 0.5 range… Today’s glucose has been higher than yesterday, and I’m not sure why.

(Mame) #204

Well the errands worked I am still fasting and should make it to 42 hours … or more.

At 26+ hours, measurements: bg=78, bk=3.1, gki=1.396.

I have had a gki <2 for 20 days in a row. I hope that I am making huge improvements in my metabolic health because the scale stays within the same 5# range. ah well.

(Deborah) #205

Liking the Fat Fast

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #206

My fast isn’t going to be a true fast, as I have to have some calories (per pharmacist) when I take my medication. I have some ideas as to what I want to do for it. I’ll keep it fairly minimal though.

(CORY SILVA) #209

I started Keto due to inflammation and lots of joint pain. Nov 20th I started and got through hell week and have been loving it. I’m very active so not feeling in pain constantly is a great feeling. The Keto mojo has been making it very easy to adjust my food to be at the levels I feel best at .08-1.5. Today is the first day since I’ve started that I’m not in Ketosis. I had no choice today but to stop at a bbq joint during a road trip for work I couldn’t/ didn’t pack my lunch today. Anyway I had the brisket and collards and green beans. Due to appointments I was 18 hours in without eating so when I got there I was ready to eat. However the beans and collards were cooked in sugar it tasted like. I knew it was a lot of sugar but again I figured it wouldn’t do that much damaged. It did. 30 min later massive headache. ( first one since being on Keto) which I use to suffer from almost every day pre-keto, and my muscles got tense and inflamed in my neck( again before keto suffered every day) I got home and instantly tested and I was 0.0! Couldn’t believe it so I waited 2 hours and tested again. 0.1!! very upset I haven’t been below a .05 since starting. And wow do I feel it. brain fog, headache, neck and back pain. Hopefully tomorrow I’ll wake up and fast till 12 and be back in ketosis. Long story short I miss Ketones :frowning:

(Deborah) #210

I think I may be able to do my ADF with the Oils.

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #211

24hours in…
BG: 79
CGM: 74
BK: 0.4 (so sad :frowning: )

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #212

I’m about 28 hours in…
BG: 76
CGM: 68
BK: 1.1 (much nicer!)

(Mame) #213

Happy fasting Friday all!

I am at 38 hours and will most likely break fast sometime later today… after work at about 44 hours or so… I will take my measurements when I am back at home.

Wishing all a lovely day, kcfo!

(KCKO, KCFO) #214

Cory, glad keto works so well for you. And it is great you figured out what was going on. To just read the contents of the meal it sounds harmless, but you found out it wasn’t. Once your electrolytes are back in balance you should be good again.

Do you use ketoaide? It can help with those side effects. It is good to travel with a container of it because of what you experienced.

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #215

36 hours in, going for 48 (46ish)…

BG: 89
CGM: 90
BK: 0.9 (not bad, would like it higher)

(Mame) #216

Finished up the fast at 43 hours.
Measurements before food: bg=72, bk=2.8, gki=1.427

I hope everyone has an awesome weekend! I am thinking OMAD…

(ks) #217

Two hours from breaking my 5 day (120 hour) fast. Didn’t measure my bg but my bk was 4.1 on Precision Xtra and 3.6 on KetoMojo. First time Mojo read lower. Can’t decide which one to keep. Dropped 10.2 pounds during the fast. Hopefully I don’t put too much back on.

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #218

I’m at about 42 hours, still around 6 to go.
BG: 73
CGM: 79
BK: 1.6 (not bad, but could be a bit better)

I know that fasting will drop my insulin levels (hence the better ketones) but I wish it was easier to test at home. I don’t want to have to go to a lab each time. Maybe I’ll ask for some additional insulin tests for the next time I’m fasting, and check it at some determined intervals. Not sure how “successful” this fast is, autophagy-wise. I could probably drop my glucose even lower if I went another 24 hours, but I’m going to keep this one at 48.

(Jane) #219

Congrats! Excellent numbers, too

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #220

Broke fast at 48hrs.
BG: 63
CGM: 63
BK: 1.7

(KCKO, KCFO) #221

I did a 40 hr. fast then ate a feast yesterday, feeling like another 36 hr. fast might be a good thing to do. It is sunny and warmer here today so fasting should be easier too. Getting out and about always helps me stay on track. I had reached my scream weight and the fasting got me back to my happy place, will try to go a tad bit lower with the follow up fasting.

Hope everyone else has been successful this week.

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #222

Today was good, about 25 hours for my IF.
BG: 66
Cgm: 68
BK: 0.8

These numbers are much better, compared to even a week ago!