I think extended fasting is bad

(Jay AM) #61

I just checked, my 22 lb dog actually eats more than 600 calories. Funnily enough, he also fasts all on his own. Given daily free access to food that he enjoys eating, he either eats a good amount or doesn’t eat at all versus having a few bites and then not eating the rest of the day. I envy his obviously good metabolic function.

(icky) #62

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

(icky) #63

I’m trying to just file this thread under “Keto flu” side-effects

Surely…?

:joy::joy::joy::joy:

Goodwin law is about comparing someone to Hitler,like “he is literaly Hitler!”.I did not compare anyone to Hitler,I merely used the name of the bad man to point out how logicaly flawed the statement "it doesn’t matter who you insult, it makes YOU look like a :poop: head. " is.

This thread have moved forward from the rocky start,we have very interesting on topic discussion going on at the moment,lets enjoy that before this thread eventualy reaches senescence and goes off topic :grin:

(Allie) #65

My dog just eats. He would eat all day if I let him.

(Jay AM) #66

Yeah, I’ve never met a dog quite like mine. He’ll steal food like bacon but, beyond that, he is very controlled about his normal food. He came from a bad situation of being only 14 pounds which is horribly underweight for him and somehow still doesn’t have food problems. He’s the goodest boy.

(icky) #67

Yesss let’s turn this into a thread about dogs :smile:

My dog prefers cat food to dog food because it’s got a higher fat content.

My cat prefers dog food to cat food even though it gives him diarrhea. No one knows why he prefers it.

(Jay AM) #68

If you don’t understand the information in the link I provided, let me know and I’ll try to make it easier to understand. If you refuse to read the article, there’s nothing else that needs to be discussed.

(Allie) #69

I’ve known other cats that prefer dog food too, but it’s no good for them as cats need taurine which dog food doesn’t contain.

With what part of what I claim do you disagree?
Do you disagree that 2 month fast will cause some muscle loss?
Do you disagree that eating protein will prevent muscle loss on 2 month time?

What part of my claim is so outrageously wrong that you think I dont know absolutely nothing about fasting?

(icky) #71

Yeah, and dog food contains vegetable matter (and sometimes grains, if you don’t buy grain-free)

Unlike dogs, cats can’t digest vegetable matter well, hence the diarrhea.

Cat food is okay for dogs, except it has more fat than they need. (Are you allowed to say that on a Keto forum? LOL)

(Robert C) #72

Muscle mass will reduce as you lose weight (as well as the amount of skin you have etc.).
A 400 pound person has muscles that will lift 400 pounds.
After losing 200 pounds a 200 pound person loaded with a 200 backpack will not be able to move around as the 400 pound person could.
The body adds muscle because of need for muscle (working out, getting around, etc.).
The body does not add muscle (or try to keep muscle) because of what you eat.
It adapts to the needs placed on it and does not want to carry around extra (metabolically expensive) muscle needlessly.

(Jay AM) #73

As for the rest of us, we’ve derailed this thread enough with our animal talk, thanks. Let’s leave it at what it is unless there’s something relevant to add. Preferably in the forms of articles and studies or better explanations on the difference between fasting and extreme calorie restriction.

We already have a great thread about animal nutrition.

Just to clarify,your position on this matter is that eating protein vs not eating anything for two months would not result in any muscle mass difference at the end?

(Jay AM) #75

Did you read the article I left? If you refuse to educate yourself about the differences between your extreme calorie restricting and fasting then, this discussion is useless.

(Allie) #76

https://idmprogram.com/difference-calorie-restriction-fasting-fasting-27/

You really do need to read this link, it’s basic fasting science which you should have researched before even attempting any sort of fasting, let alone a two month fast.

You’ve made it abundantly clear that you have no knowledge of understanding of fasting yet attempted a fast that should have only been done under medical supervision on your own. Not surprisingly, due to your lack of knowledge and experience, you encountered problems and are now using your own personal failure as grounds to try and declare to the world (or at least the readers of this forum) that extended fasts are a bad idea. Can you not open your eyes enough to see just how flawed your own arguments are? As several of us have said already, you need to actually learn the basics of fasting because you’re just making yourself look a bit silly now. Feel free to continue though as it’s actually quite amusing.

(Allie) #77

My dog will insist that cat food is great for dogs as he has to try and justify his persistence in stealing it :joy:

(Allie) #78

I don’t think he wants to actually learn anything as his mind is made up and he doesn’t want it to be changed. I guess for some people it’s easier to keep blaming everything else rather than admit to screwing up.

(icky) #79

It’s funnier without facts. :smile:

From where do you magicaly get protein after your old skin falls off and you piss nitrogen away? Its physicaly impossible to not suffer some loss of tissue,be it skin or muscle on two month fast.It can be easily avoided by eating 200 calories worth of protein so the body stops eating itself.

If you need just 50g protein a day to avoid skin & muscle loss,for 2 months,thats 3kg of protein,do you think autophagy will provide you with 3kg of protein?