First egg (fast) feast (egg diet)

i think you would be better to eat it all in one meal, and fast 23 hours.

(Daisy) #22

I’ll give this a go first. Every one in the keto community that has tried it raves about it. :smile:

(mags) #23

I tried it and lasted 4 days. I stopped because I love eggs and was scared that by stuffing multiple eggs every day I would get sick of them and be put off them for months. I can’t remember how much weight I lost but I did lose. Best of luck!

(Daisy) #24

I’m thinking 4-5 days. I thoroughly enjoyed today, though I’m sure I’ll be singing a different tune by Friday lol!

(mags) #25

You may well be :slightly_smiling_face:. I should have put more effort in and tried a wider variety of recipes I think. And also recorded and I could then have shared with you. Looking forward to hearing your results.

i have been eating 2 or 3 eggs everyday for over 30 years, still not sick of them

(Jane) #27

I hope you got the results you were hoping for!

And good for you ignoring those whose contribution to your thread is to pick on the name commonly used here for various fasts. pfffttttt…

I had decent results with a 3-day FAT FAST :scream_cat: eating one block of cream cheese each day.

(Janelle) #28

I don’t understand the cheese - I thought one just ate eggs (and maybe the fat they are cooked in).

(Daisy) #29

(Janelle) #30

NM - I just looked it up - “ What is an egg fast ? It’s a (short term) diet that consists of primarily eggs , cheese, and butter. For each egg you eat, you should eat a corresponding Tbsp of pure fat in the form of butter, olive oil, or coconut oil. You can also eat a corresponding Tbsp of full fat cheese per egg .”

(Jenny) #31

yeah I’m not sure what everyone Is all up in arms about. Enjoy and let us know what happens!

(mags) #32

Yes but within a more varied diet I’m sure

(Running from stupidity) #33

So much this. It’s ludicrous. “I’m fasting apart from all these calories and so on that I’m ingesting.”

See also “keto flu.”

(Daisy) #34

So I had prepared my breakfast and lunch for work today. I plugged both into Cronometer this morning after eating breakfast and it showed 7 carbs for the day! I looked deeper and for my lunch I had used mayo with olive oil. I had no idea it had sugar in it! I was really upset all morning thinking about it. Fortunately I wasn’t hungry when lunch time came, so I decided to fast through lunch. Good self reminder to always read the labels!!

(Brian) #35

If you haven’t read through this thread already, you might enjoy…

(Daisy) #36

Thank you! I read every one I could find before committing to starting this :smile:

(Crow T. Robot) #37

If you really want to be sure it’s healthy oil (even the mayo made with olive oil may be mostly canola), you might try making it yourself. It’s really easy and very tasty. There’s a long thread on the site about it.

(Daisy) #38

I should do that. I’ve really never eaten mayo before now, so never crossed my mind!

(Jane) #39

(Brian) #40

Daisy, I am really looking forward to hearing how this goes for you! I’ve read of several other accounts and most of them have been positive, especially the first three days or so. After that, people tend to get pretty tired of eating eggs, and I can understand that.

I’ve considered doing a 3 day version of it just to see how I like it and whether I actually lose a few pounds. I figure if it’s something close to a dozen eggs a day, that should be typical, so it really shouldn’t cost much. And I think I could handle 3 days pretty easily, probably way easier than a 3 day water fast.

Thanks for posting. :slight_smile: