First egg (fast) feast (egg diet)

(Brian) #41

I just had a brain storm… well, I used a different word at first but anyway…

Since eggs are animal products, could an egg fast be considered “going carnivore”?

I had really never thunk that thought before.

:slight_smile:

(Daisy) #42

Well, you typically eat at least a couple ounces of cheese a day.

(Daisy) #43

I’ve eaten 7 a day for 2 days. I’ve really enjoyed it so far!!

(Running from stupidity) #44

Yes for some, no for others.

#surpriseright? :slight_smile:

(Daisy) #45

Just for you, I’m officially renaming it an egg feast.

(Running from stupidity) #46

:metal::metal::metal::metal::metal:

That’s the exact name I’d have come up with for it!

If I was smart enough to do so…

(Brian) #47

I saw the blurring. LOL!! (My tiny brain storm didn’t go that far.)

But as far as “going carnivore”, for real, do eggs count? Really, they’re sorta little mini chickens, the whole thing, well, minus the shell. Does dairy count since it’s still animal product but kinda like one step away from eating the actual animal? Or cheese, which is made from dairy, sorta making that two steps away from eating the animal?

Not trying to be a smarty pants, honest, just genuinely interested as I was kinda thinking that maybe an “egg feast” could be a sort of a little mini trial of going carnivore.

(Running from stupidity) #48

Paging @Dread1840

But yeah, I was being serious too - I follow a few carnivores on IG and you do see eggs, cheese, butter, cream every so often.

(mags) #49

I was going to say the same thing about eggs being carnivore. They grow chickens so I can’t see why they wouldn’t be. I dunno about vegetarian tho. Not sure how you argue that one except hopefully no chicken has to die to produce the egg.

(Daisy) #50

When I got home and looked at the bottle of olive oil mayo, it claimed to only have 1 gram of carbs per tablespoon, which would have only been 3 grams in my egg salad. Not quite as bad as I thought, but still more than I’m going for this week.
My coworkers that I had been (before this week) gently trying to persuade to keto playfully told me today they’re starting an anti keto diet: all carbs, all the time. I decided at the beginning of the week I was done trying to help them, so I just told her whatever makes them happy.

My macros for today:
Breakfast: egg salad: 3 eggs with cream cheese and mayo, 1 stick cheese
Dinner: scrambled eggs: 4 eggs, 2 T ghee, 2T butter, 2 oz havarti cheese
Will weigh tomorrow morning.
Edit to add weight: 140.6 :unamused:

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #51

That might be the best way to convince them! But I think you did the right thing. You gave them the info. Now wash your hands of it. Especially if they decide mocking you is an appropriate reaction.

(Jenny) #52

I tried one egg fast and i didnt lose weight. But it taught me that it just wasnt something that would work for me. I was glad I tried it.

(Daisy) #53

I was a little disappointed that I didn’t lose any weight this morning, but I also know that I didn’t follow the “rules” yesterday by skipping lunch. I’m trying to stay on plan to give it a full chance. Blah! I just really really wanna see the 130’s!!! Lol. I know it’s silly but it’s driving me bananas!

(Jenny) #54

it’s not silly at all! I 100% get it and if you keep shaking it up and trying new keto approaches you will get there!

(Brian) #55

This is one of the things I’ve been trying to understand. (Not your post, the idea that you HAVE to eat every 3-5 hours.) I only eat 2 meals a day and anymore, the idea of eating more than that doesn’t appeal to me. But I’m figuring there must be a reason I don’t know about.

I looked at a bunch of YouTube videos about the egg fast/feast. An interesting one was the Headbanger dude where he went about 4 days, I think he ate twice a day, and did lose some weight. He also didn’t feel good by the 4th day which made me wonder what was up with that.

Just stuff rambling through the gray matter…

Thanks again for the update!

You can’t be upset that you didn’t lose any weight it’s only been a day. I water fast and don’t lose any weight until day 5. If you like it and feel good doing it stick with it I’m rooting for you

(Daisy) #57

Well that was the second day. I lost 2 lbs the first day and gained a couple ounces the second. I know I’m putting too much pressure on myself! I just am tired of this stall! But thank you so so much for your support, I really do appreciate it so much!

Sounds like you have one of those fancy digital scales. I think I’d really drive myself crazy if I had one of those. Just remember even when you are stalled good things are still happening. Stalls happen to everyone I stalled for 2 months. You just gotta keep switching things up. Eat at different times, intermittent or extended fasting, add more protein, cut or add carbs. Sounds funny to say add carbs but I’ve heard of some people saying it worked for them but idk how many they were getting or where they were coming from. Everyone is different and won’t get the same results doing the same thing you have to find what works for you

(Daisy) #59

Normal work day, nothing exciting
Breakfast: egg salad: 3 eggs, 3 T mayo, 2 oz havarti cheese
Lunch: egg salad: 2 eggs, 2 T cream cheese, string cheese
Dinner: scrambled eggs: 2 eggs, 2 T bacon nectar, 1 oz cheddar cheese

Edit for weight: 139.0

Looking good might sneak another egg in to get your protein up. Idk how under you can be before it effects anything. How is going are you feeling good?