Egg Fasting 101

(Jeremy Storie) #1

I’ve done a couple of egg fast in the past and had good success with weight loss and keeping those pounds off. I started a new one this morning and thought I would log it here in case anyone was interested.

Today’s totals are,
4 scrambled eggs in 4 tablespoons of bacon nectar for breakfast.
4 fried eggs in one tablespoon of salted butter and 3 tablespoons of mayo for lunch.
4 eggs scrambled in 4 tablespoons of bacon nectar with 1 oz of shredded cheese for supper.
Macros for the day are,
Protein 82 grams
Fat 210 grams
Carbs 5 grams
Calories 2285

I plan on doing a 5 day egg fast and will try to update daily and let y’all know how much weight I lost when I’m done.

First egg (fast) feast (egg diet)
Is an Egg Fast/Feast the solution?
(Linda Culbreth) #2

Interesting to see what happens. Keep us posted!

(Khara) #3

I’ve seen mention of these various fasts that aren’t a complete fast but instead utilize one food. Since you’ve done this before, do you know any of the science behind why this might result in fat loss over just traditional Keto? Will be following.

(Jeremy Storie) #4

I don’t know the science of it but I would guess that the protein consumption has something to do with it for me. It’s easy for me to over eat protein on a daily basis and this fast keeps my protein at or below my daily goal. Also the fat intake is higher than on my average day. I don’t know why but it works for me. I willing use this fast to break a traditional fast or when I feel like I need to change it up and don’t feel like water fasting.

(Khara) #5

Ok, great. Sounds like possibly a good tool. Look forward to seeing your updates and hopefully you’ll have good results again.

(Jeremy Storie) #6

Today’s totals are,
Protein 82
Fat 219
Carbs 5
Calories 2287

Breakfast was 4 eggs scrambled in 4 tablespoons of salted butter.
Lunch was 4 eggs scrambled in 1 tablespoon bacon nectar and topped with 3 tablespoons of mayo.
Supper was 8 deviled eggs (4 whole eggs) made with 1 tablespoon of spicy mustard, 5 tablespoons of mayo, and 1 ounce of shredded cheese. (Pictured below)

(Ken Early) #7

So, why do you call it an egg fast if your getting macro nutrients from: eggs, bacon, cheese, mayo and butter?

(Jeremy Storie) #8

Well I didn’t invent it but I would assume it’s because egg is your only source of protein. Everything else is basically just fat.

(Jeremy Storie) #9

Today’s totals are,

Protein 82
Fat 211
Carbs 5
Calories 2299

Breakfast was 4 scrambled eggs in 4 tablespoons of bacon nectar.
Lunch was 4 scrambled eggs in 1 tablespoon of bacon nectar and topped with 3 tablespoons of mayo and 1 oz of shredded cheese.
Supper was 4 scrambled eggs in 4 tablespoons of bacon nectar.

(Khara) #10

Do you get the Happy Eggs? They are 5-6 bucks a dozen here! Wish I could get them more often but we go through so many eggs that I mostly buy the store brand. They actually seem pretty good with nice colorful yolks. The Happy Egg yolks are only slightly darker but I do like the YouTube videos of the happy chickens!

(Jeremy Storie) #11

I do get fresh eggs from time to time but I eat so many on a regular basis that I usually buy the big box of 5 dozen at Walmart. They are $2 and some change. You can’t beat that price. Fresh eggs are the best though.

(Jeremy Storie) #12

Today’s totals are,

Protein 73
Fat 190
Carbs 4

Calories 2024

Breakfast was just black coffee, I wasn’t hungry.
Lunch was 4 scrambled eggs in 4 tablespoons of organic coconut oil.
Supper was 6 eggs scrambled in 4 tablespoons of bacon nectar with 2 tablespoons of mayo and 1.5 oz of shredded cheese on top.

One more day to go.

My egg cartons indicate one gram of carbs per egg. Am I missing something?

(James storie) #14

There is a little carbohydrate per egg, my carton says 0, but I don’t worry myself.

(Jeremy Storie) #15

I’ve heard 0.4 per egg. What size egg do you buy?

(bambiying2) #16

I hear that it’s the choline in the eggs that make it so effective. Something about how our livers use the choline to help boost weight loss.

(Jeremy Storie) #17

Today’s totals are,

Protein 96
Fat 242
Carbs 5

Calories 2657

Breakfast was 4 scrambled eggs in 3 tablespoons of bacon nectar with 1 tablespoon of mayo and 1 oz of shredded cheese.
Lunch was 4 scrambled eggs in 4 tablespoons of bacon nectar with 1 oz of shredded cheese.
Supper was 4 scrambled eggs in 4 tablespoons of bacon nectar with 1 tablespoon of mayo and 1 oz of shredded cheese.

I will update in the morning with weight loss totals.

I had to go home to check. I have three different types of eggs. Two are large. One is medium. All of them indicate one gram of carbs per egg.

Don’t get me wrong. I love eggs. In fact, that is why I care about the carbs in them - they add up for me, and the only macro that I don’t want to underestimate is the carbohydrate.

(Jeremy Storie) #19

Weight loss total after a 5 day egg fast was 4 pounds. I’m happy with that.

Thanks for keeping us posted. Egg fasts are great! I’m traveling now but I may dive into one when I get home.