FASTING HELP

(Ashley) #1

I have no idea where to post this. I am new to keto as of march 23rd 2018. i have lost a total of 11 lbs (had a few cheat days when family was around.) I stopped cheating but still am doing good. I work 10 hours a night on a job that i cant really sit down to eat, also theres no where to store food. I am looking into intermittent fasting. I have done some fasting and keto in the past, but very lazy keto. I would like to do One Meal A Day, due to the fact i dont get breaks etc at work, by the time i get home im very tired due to a decent drive to and from work, i sleep as soon as i get home. i eat around 1200 calories a day due to the fact i am very sedentary ( i cannot exercise much due to vertigo etc) i have a 1400 calorie resting rate so im giving myself a 200 calorie daily deficit. I am having a hard time knowing what to eat, i know i should be about 70g protein and around a bit over 100g fat. i keep under 20 net carbs. problem is i can get in the protein but i think i go over it alot at times, and i dont get enough fat. if anyone knows anything that can help, especially one meal a day with them macros i would love any suggestions, also would like to keep it as cheap as possible as i have two other people in my household to feed that cannot eat keto due to dietary restrictions.

(Rob) #2

You did… here. If you need to bump the original, do so. If you need to reclassify I think you can do that or ask a mod, but it’s not great to just spam the place with the same post…

(Ashley) #3

I didn’t intentionally spam, I got a message saying my first post didn’t go through.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #4

Welcome to the forums! You’ve come to the right place.

Try not to count calories. Keep your carbohydrate under 20 g a day, keep your protein moderate, and eat fat to satiety (it may take a few weeks before your hunger signaling normalizes; until then, don’t worry about it). Your body, once it is assured of a sufficient daily caloric intake, will signal you to stop eating at a calorie level that will allow you to metabolize both your dietary fat and the fat stored in your fat cells.

In the meantime, take some cooked bacon to work with you so that you have something keto to snack on. Moving directly to one meal a day may or may not be possible; it may have to wait until you’re fully fat-adapted. In the meantime, just don’t worry about it. You’ve got plenty of time ahead of you for it all to work itself out. Just Keep Calm and Keto On. :bacon:

(Allison) #5

I am wondering about some aspects of fasting as well. After using intermittent fasting for a few weeks, is it normal for your body to only get hungry when it comes close time for your fast to break? Or does that mean yet again, the body has smartened up and decided to adapt to the fasting?

(Brandy Fischbach) #6

I have read that it’s not good to try IF until you are fat adapted. It’s something people try at least a month or 2 into their keto journey.

(Candy Lind) #7

If you give us an example of what you’re eating, maybe we can suggest “alterations” for you. And physical attributes (ht, wt, age) might help, too, as there are not many of us around here who burn only 1400 calories a day.

(Raj Seth) #8

before being fat adapted fasting is just harder - but nothing wrong with it. Fasting is harder because your body does not have full access to its fat stores, so you may feel more hunger

(Ashley) #9

I have been doing keto since before March 23rd. That’s just when I took it a lot more serious, my blood work a few weeks before that already showed I was in ketosis because the doctors were first worried why my ketones were so high, I’m already only eating two meals a day because I feel full. I just need to get the fat aspect down, I have already done one meal a day in the last but I was lazy and didn’t try to add enough fats.

(Ashley) #10

I’m Female, 29 and I am currently 235 down from 251 since March 23rd.

(Ashley) #11

I have been eating, eggs, bacon, tried avocado but don’t like it, chicken, salads, burger meat with cheese and pickles and mustard.

(Ashley) #12

Sort of bumming right now, i weighed myself today and I was up about 1lb from 235 to 236, now I’ve weighed myself while at work and I weighed 238. How does that work lol?

(Dan Dan) #13

Because food and drink and clothes all have weight the more you put on the more you weigh :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(Ashley) #14

True, I did drink a lot yesterday!!

(Candy Lind) #15

Eggs/bacon :+1:t2: and plenty of it. What fats are you adding to the chicken, salad, & burgers?

(Ashley) #16

I beeen adding cheese and sour cream, I need to up my fats on chicken and salads more, I feel like that’s a lot of my slack is getting enough fats, was eating avocados but some days I just can’t eat them, I have to do the lighter flavor olive oil as I don’t like the taste. I have bought coconut oil and was going to start pan frying my chicken in it!

(Ashley) #17

Problem is I feel I way overeat if I cook bacon at times as well, I’m very I like to see the stats on paper for each meal type thing but I know I need to let my body figure it out, but it’s confusing.

(Raj Seth) #18

A few pounds here and there - don’t fret it. You can’t really gain or lose more than about 1/2 lb fat in a day. The rest is noise. Weigh yourself regularly and plot it on a graph, or just see how your non-stretch pants fit over time. Reveals the real progress.

(Ashley) #19

Thank you i needed this. I’m down 4 inches in my waist so your totally right!

(Raj Seth) #20

Since January, my weight has been up and down the same 6lbs. But I’ve lost 4-6” in pant size. Go EF!! Fast feast cycling in the extreme. Rebuilding my metabolism and losing fat at the same time!!