Dread's Carnivore Muscle Thread

(Chris) #281

(Taking this here so as not to keep derailing a legit keto thread with my nonsense!)

No, not right now. I’m basically making certain I have it in me to get close enough to contest ready that I’d want a coach to continue on. Right now basically I’m just shredding for summer in preparation for a reverse diet in the fall into a long slow bulk. I added a great amount of mass in the past two and a half years and it’s just starting to show. Pretty excited.

Fasting energy limits and body composition mystery
(Chris) #282

@Fruno my diet right now is pretty strict but not exactly what I’d call keto or carnivore. On the days or weeks that I have actual food and normal-ish calories, I eat 90% ground beef or some kind of steak and white rice. Fill in protein needs with isolate shakes which I digest well.

Right now though? 5 shakes and maybe a tablespoon of raw honey a day, and I’ll refeed with maintenance calories probably Saturday and Sunday.

Despite eating almost no fat at the moment, I’m feeling almost all the effects of being in ketosis, the only thing is I’m severely lacking in anaerobic energy outside of the gym. During training, I’m a beast, but last night pulling clothes out of the dryer was getting me tired.

I’ve posted about my reasoning and other dietary tidbits in the few posts above this one if you care to give it a read. :slight_smile:

(Chris) #283

On that note - I am abandoning this thread once this discussion concludes. Please see the following thread: Carnivore Muscle Experiment Goes...High Carb? Natural Bodybuilding