Dread's Carnivore Muscle Thread

(Chris) #1

Continuing the discussion from Dread's Progress Thread - Extended Fasting & Carnivore:

I decided I no longer wanted “fasting” in the title, and I believe the OP of my post is too old to edit anymore. So here we are again. If you want the background of my journey, click the link above.

Goals: Recomposition and muscle gain. I am about 13% bodyfat right now and looking to keep dropping this number while building lean mass. So far it is going great. I am running a variation of the PHUL template modified by me.

Why do we sometimes get thrown out of ketosis?
Jeff’s accountability thread
(Chris) #2

3 weeks into the new workout template, frankly I like it. I’m getting compliments from guys at the gym now, which makes my wife laugh uncontrollably.

Monday / Tuesday is heavy upper / lower, Wednesday is for conditioning and cardio (prowler, barbell complexes, treadmill walks), Thursday / Friday is light high rep upper / lower.

It’s harder than I initially thought, coming from doing full body workouts every day.

(Chris) #3

Hypertrophy lower day. Woo. Would like a wheelchair please.

(Chris) #4

(Chris) #5

Mixed 2 raw eggs in my preworkout drink this morning. Thought it would lead to discomfort, quite the opposite actually. I will try this again.

Short week, started a day late and skipping this week’s rest day.

Dread's Progress Thread - Extended Fasting & Carnivore
(Chris) #6

Rough week for lower body. I think missing out on my “rest” day due to a short week might have had something to do with it. Could not make 20 rep squats today at all, I was far too out of breath. Made up for it by punishing my quads with leg extensions, though. Still doing the raw eggs, so far so good on that front.

(Chris) #7

This morning post upper body.

(Running from stupidity) #8

That’s a good advert, man.

Pretty sure @ava_ad0re will be along here soon now that TJ has run off :slight_smile:

(Chris) #9

Perhaps this sweaty man flesh will bring back @Baytowvin.

(Running from stupidity) #10

Hey, good call, post the pic in his mating call thread :slight_smile:

(Katie the Quiche Scoffing Stick Ninja ) #11

Oh my gosh, what do you take me for? I can’t forget about him that quickly, can browse the menu in his absence but :rofl:
I did speak to him, he will come back, he just needs a break for a little while. I told him our internet love affair can stand the test of time. :crazy_face:

(Chris) #12

This thread needs moar Baytowvin anyhow.

(Chris) #13

Friday leg day. Legs fried. Need ambulance ride to my locker please and thank you.

(Chris) #14

Wheel shot for you. If you finish your leg workout and then dance out to your vehicle, turn the fuck around. You ain’t finished yet.

(Doug) #15

An impression of cyclonic strength, as if it’s going to suck up Dorothy and Toto.

Those nasty flying monkeys… :slightly_frowning_face: :rage:

(Chris) #16

HA, I guess it does look like that from this angle :laughing:

(Chris) #17

Smashed both ring ringers between the bar and safety rails today. Left is swollen, right is bruised. Main thing is I don’t think I broke anything or fucked up my repaired tendons, but it hurts. Finished my workout.

(Running from stupidity) #18

Super…

(Chris) #19

Oh quite. One of them was the one which had tendon repair done on it a year ago. Thought I was fucked for a good second. Both are still throbby. Leg day tomorrow at least!

(Chris) #20

Leg day today. Decided to take it easy. Fingers still hurt and are bruised, but they did not get in the way of my training at all, which felt good. I took my time with squats, plenty of rest in between sets. Some paused reps at 135, only 3 sets at 225, and backed off to 135 again to work on form and bracing.

Walking lunges felt good, but were taxing. Leg extensions I went light and slow, no less than 20 reps, no more than 100lbs. Same with leg curls @50. Finished off with high rep standing calves and called it an early day. Might drop the preworkout for a while as I’m not really feeling the meth in it right now.