Day 13 and ive lost 3.307 pounds in 6 days?

(Keto Koala 🐨) #1

Hi guys, yet another question. I know I shouldn’t let the scale control me, I really shouldn’t. But I want to know if my weight loss is normal for this early on. I did not weigh myself for the first week and in that time I drank like 3 litres of water a day with green tea, ect. But since I got the damn scale 6 days ago I’ve only lost 3.307 pounds. Is this normal? I have a lot to lose. Am I being friggin impatient?? Also Wtf, is my scale possessed or something. I stepped on it, then went to the toilet, stepped on it and was lighter then I stepped on it 5 minutes later and was 0.1kg heavier. What the hell!! Could all the water weight have gone or something? Oh well at least the numbers going down. My body is healing from years of abuse. I’m in this for the long haul.

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #2

:pleading_face: What are you, a glutton for self flagellation? Every other person on this forum who’s here to lose weight would be very happy to lose three point three zero seven pounds in six days. By the way, what brand scale do you have that is accurate to 3 decimal points? You could inhale deeply, then exhale and get two different weights at 3 decimal point accuracy. </ sarc>

Seriously, Aimee, weighing to the nearest 1000th of a pound is not necessary. It’s also mistaken if you think it matters. What matters is the overall trend over time, not the daily and weekly ups/downs and plateaus. Put the scale back in the closet, take it out on Feb 12 and let us know what you weigh then.

It takes time to lose (or gain) a pound of fat (or muscle).

Most short-term weight fluctuation is just a simple change in water retention and digestive tract contents.

(Keto Koala 🐨) #4

Ok I will do that. I’m going to go and pack it away now. Will do monthly weigh ins. Your right. I’m totally being impatient. I guess I am happy about it. Heck it’s a kg and a half in 6 days. MUST STOP comparing to three years ago!!! My new mantra…:heart: and your right, I totally am a glutton for self flagellation. I’m trying so hard to work on it.

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #5

Aimee, we were just talking about this in your OTHER thread. Keep your thoughts in one place so people helping can have continuity.

(Vita) #6

I only lost a few lbs my first week, then I gained for 2 weeks, then I had a whoosh. This has been my pattern for 6 months now. Keto weight loss is very much so an up/down process. Better not to get hung up on the scale. Good luck and just trust the process! :blush:

(Keto Koala 🐨) #7

Whoops :persevere:. Sorry about that. Maybe I should delete the other one xx

(Keto Koala 🐨) #8

I’m just gonna put the scale away and focus on my health now. Will do monthly weigh ins. Thanks for the support everyone.

(John) #9

I find it useful to weigh no more than once a day, at the same time of day. Usually in the morning, after daily eliminations but before consuming anything, wearing the same clothing (or lack thereof).

I only keep track of my Monday morning weight. Everything else is just for curiosity.

These days I may only weigh 1 to 3 times per week.

If you find yourself obsessing over it, then don’t weigh often. Once a week is fine. Or never, if you don’t want to.

(Keto Koala 🐨) #10

Thanks, I think I’ll have a break though and do it monthly. As I can see myself sliding quickly back into disordered thinking and I refuse to go down that road again. Dosent help when my Mum laughs at me when I say I’ve lost a kg. Will just ignore her. This is MY journey, not hers. Xxxxx❤

(Susan) #11

Spot on!! We are here to encourage you, don’t listen to the negativity you get from her. You are doing great so far, just stick to what you are doing, and you will be fine =-).

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #12

We owe our mom and dad infinite gratitude for the gift of life. We don’t owe them acceptance of their ignorant attitudes and opinions.

(Keto Koala 🐨) #13

I love her very much she’s a very strong woman who has had a very tough life. I hate her weight obcession and hang up though. I think she learnt it from her mother who is a twig but goes on and on about being a pig if she eats a square of chocolate. I don’t blame her for her learnt patterns but I won’t listen to her when she goes on about it. I did listen all my 30 years and it got me nowhere.

(Keto Koala 🐨) #14

Mum is a sweet woman but VERY EXTREMELY weight obsessed. She was a jockey in horseracing as was my father as was my brother (Yes I’m the black sheep, I hate horse racing and think it’s not fair to the horses or the jockeys who have to starve themselves to be light enough for the race) My poor baby brother had to weigh himself in front of her and my step dad everyone he ate, even Xmas lunch. It has been drummed into my head ALL my life, weight weight weight.Urghhhhhh!! SO over it. She said to me on messanger last night (She lives in South Africa) “You must be getting really thin by now”. That just made me feel like crap. Poor Mum, she suffers terrible depression since my Brother died. It’s been 9 years and she still cannot accept it. She gets very suicidal. She is embracing Buddhism though. Hopefully that will help her. She has a beautiful heart though. She has had a very traumatic life. But I’ve always protected her, even though deep down, I’m very hurt with some of the things she’s said to me. At age 11 I was going through puberty and she said “you’ve gained a bit of weight, that’s ok your allowed to grow up to be a big behemoth girl”. I had no idea at the time what that meant but it hurt. She wouldn’t remember that though. I want to break the cycle. I must take her weight comments with a grain of salt. I truly hope she heals and gets some peace very soon. :heart:

(Susan) #15

Just don’t repeat the cycle if you ever decide that you yourself want to have children. That is the best thing to do, break the cycle.

(Keto Koala 🐨) #16

I’m physically unable to have kids but if I could, they wouldn’t even know what the words fat or weight meant xxxx

My mother was a total nightmare. She had borderline personality disorder. Very cruel. Very competitive.
Just relax and take it easy!!! You are in this for life Aimée. Find a way to eat keto that is not suffering, but pleasurable. This is why I eat 20g of carbs a day and lots of dairy. I am not doing this for a few months only. I have lost 3 kilos in 6 weeks and I am not complaining. I am ecstatic! Because I can live like this and finally enjoy my food without feeling guilt for every bite. When you read that somebody here has lost 50 kilos, please note that they oftentimes did it in 1 or 2 years! Thats fine isn’t it?

(Keto Koala 🐨) #18

You poor thing. My Mum has what you call type two bipolar. She will be jumping around full of beans and then two weeks later she will be telling me she’s addicted to suicide. My dad was like a borderline ( I’m not sure if males get it) but the was a nasty peice of work. I don’t speak to him. Congrats on the three kgs :blush:. That’s awesome. Yes, I never want to go back to carbs and sugar. I was always tired and sluggish and hungry. Lovely to chat with you xxxxx

Basically I have written off most of the people in my family because they are all emotionally ill and abusive. I was in psychoanalysis for years to digest my childhood. I learned something that might shock you- but when we hold on to suffering, it is like holding on to mommy- when she was cruel. It feels like home and somehow familiar! That is a hard habit to break.
I am off to make my eggs and bacon for breakfast! YUMMY!!!

(Keto Koala 🐨) #20

Wish I could give you a hug. I don’t speak to most of my crazy family either. I left home the moment I turned 16 :joy:. I too had to have therapy. Have overcome many many obstacles. Looking forward to overcoming more. Ahhhhh bacon, of course. Why didn’t I think of that!! Will buy some tomorrow. Enjoy your breakfast while I go enjoy my dinner :joy::heart: