Chaffles

I use everthing bagel seasoning on my go to chaffles as well. One egg, 1 cup shredded mozz, 2 T seasoning , 1.5 T almond flour, 1 t baking soda.

The real key to crisp is cooking them till the steam is all but stopped. I eat them a lot of ways but with softened cream cheese or sour cream are my favorites. Today with pimiento cheese.

That’s quite a ways from the basic chaffles recipe. Double the cheese and a lot of added dry ingredients. I’m assuming the result is pretty sturdy?

It surprised me a little but it isn’t too rugged… I think it is a great texture…

(Rebecca ) #699

Do you use a large/multi waffle maker? My Mini Dash only accommodates 1/2 egg, 1/4 C shredded cheese at a time!!

(Rebecca ) #700

Speaking of Chaffles. We have moved to a new State/City so we tried a local diner for Saturday morning breakfast (very good!!) I took my 2 standard Chaffles with me and ordered 2 scrambled eggs with cheese and 2 sausage patties. I assembled my “Chafflewich” and was happily munching away when the waitress stopped and said “What in the world is that??” I explained and she responded "That’s ingenious!":+1: I told her they might want to consider adding them to their menu!!:wink:

this recipe makes 3 in a dash

(Susan) #702

That is awesome, but how did you plug it in and do that in the restaurant??

Takes some nerve, I admit.

(Rebecca ) #704

Oh, no!!! :rofl: I made them at home and took them with me!!! That would be funny though!!! I could form a Chaffle line in the diner!!

(Susan) #705

Hehe okay, I thought you took it with you and made them there, haha!!

I see that I read it wrong, ooops --but that is a great idea.

(Steve) #706

I took a Folio Wrap and added some pepperoni and pepper jack cheese.
It was so crispy and crunchy to eat, like a whisp cracker. Next time I will dip in a spicy pizza sauce.

Keto Friendly Bread
(Kristen Ann) #707

:open_mouth:

(Mc-Queeney) #708

What is a folio wrap?

(Steve) #709

One carb per cheese wrap and it’s pliable like a tortilla. I think they would be good for traveling too.
I bought it at Costco, back by the deli section. They come in Parmesan and cheddar.

(What else is there to talk about?) #710

You have just blown my mind! :exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head:

(Susan) #711

That is amazing =). Did you buy these in an Ontario store Costco or one in Florida?

(Steve) #712

Hi Susan, I bought them in Florida but have seen them back home too but I can’t remember where. If you like I can ask my keto daughter, she’ll remember?
It looks like I’ll be stuck here in Florida for a while. We just finished 14 days isolation and had another 15 days added on. When we finally leave we are instructed to isolate for another 14, do not even stop in at a grocery store.

1. Start by folding the sheet of parchment paper in half.
  2. Open the folded sheet of parchment paper and place a single slice of cheese in the center.
  3. Fold the second slice of cheese into 4 different equal size strips of cheese.
  4. Place the small strips of cheese around the first slice of cheese on the parchment paper.
  5. Microwave it for exactly 15 seconds.
  6. Remove it from the microwave. While the parchment paper is still folded in half, use a rolling pin to spread out the cheese into a thin circle wrap. You don’t need a rolling pin, you can smooth it out with the palm of your hands too. The cheese will be warm and not too hot. If you microwave this for more time, it will crisp the cheese. You want the cheese just warm enough to mold it together into the shape of a tortilla wrap.
  7. If you want to use the no carb cheese wrap immediately, you will need to cool it in the freezer for a couple minutes. It must be cooled down before you use it. When it’s cooled, it will keep its shape. The cooled no carb cheese wrap will also be strong enough to roll too!

(Polly) #714

Wow! Thanks @velvet will give that a try.

(Wendy) #715

I have found that making Chaffles with mozzarella, 1 egg,and 1 oz mayo really helps the taste! My husband didn’t like the eggy taste. It also helps the texture.