Chaffles

(traci simpson) #656

Yup

(Steve) #657

Mix & Match Chaffle Batter
We have been experimenting with chaffle batter lately with really good results. Take whatever ingredients that agree with you and whiz it up to the constancy of a waffle batter and pour onto the hot iron. When the steam stops it’s finished.
My mini Dash takes exactly two minutes to heat up and 90 seconds to cook the chaffle.
As you can see from the 2nd last picture I adjusted my masking tape arrow and ate a chaffle.

(KCKO, KCFO) #658

Love the idea of marking where your batter should go up to. These look awesome.

(ANNE ) #659

So late to the chaffle party. Just made one of the simple starter ones. Awesome texture, dolloped on a heaped teaspoon of MARMITE. Savoury heaven.

(Rebecca ) #660

:grin: I posted the same thing as my own message Friday and got 1 reply, so I guess Chaffles are already a thing of the past?? I got my Mini Dash Friday and have made a few variations…and enjoyed them!!!

Chaffles!
(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #661

No way - I’m still going strong!

Made these with a blended batter on Saturday and toasted them with cheese and bockwurst. Delicious!

(Rebecca ) #662

Boy, do those look GOOD​:yum:! I’m enjoying using mine and trying different recipes!! I had our 3 granddaughters sleep over tonight and made them “Chocolate Chaffles” for dessert. The 11 year old came to the counter as I was adding the mozzarella and said “Mammy! Did you just put cheese in that?!??” They all 3 really enjoyed them and kept saying "Can you believe there is cheese in here?,":rofl:

(Davy) #663

Chaffle pizza! Mmmmm good.
Domino’s look out!

(PJ) #664

@Paendora can you just put your version of the recipe with numbers in here? I was looking for what people might be doing with coconut flour. Thanks a ton if you can!

(back and doublin' down) #665

@RightNOW Absolutely!

2 egg whites
1 Tablespoon Coconut Flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder (I’m at high elevation, so maybe bump up to 1/2 tsp)
1 ounce cream cheese
1-2 tablespoons water to get the consistency you want for your waffle iron

for the more dessert like
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 packet of Spenda

Enjoy! Let me know how this works for you!

(Rebecca ) #666

I’m not sure if I loaded the picture right!:roll_eyes:
I made a “Egg BekChaffle” for dinner…YUM!!!
Yep, I did!!

(John) #667

No, I eat them pretty regularly. Usually for breakfast. Basically a 2-egg cheese omelet cooked in a waffle iron, topped with a little butter when done. Quick, easy, not much to clean up.

It’s just that once you have discovered them and tried a few recipes, there is not a lot to constantly post about. You just eat them. So the thread may have died down a bit, but I am pretty sure they are still a current thing.

People often mention chaffles so they are surely still popular. And why wouldn’t be? I don’t think it’s common to fall in love with something that fills some void and quickly getting bored of it… I usually make it all the time first and more rarely later but I keep the good recipes.
And there are newbies… I’ve heard about chaffles maybe 2 months ago. I don’t use a waffle iron as mine is old and problematic and I don’t actually need it. I mostly just make cheese omelets but I never did them before with the cheese on bottom, it changed things :smiley: Not that fun after some time but I ate them every day in the beginning. And I came back to get some other recipes as egg+slightly aged gouda+some fat is nice and all but I like variety…

(Rebecca ) #669

That makes sense. How much NEW info could there really be?? I just recently found out about them, so I am excited and on fire for chaffles!!

(Steve) #670

Very nice!
A perfect and bacon egg sandwich. You know I’m going to have to make one of those tomorrow.

(Susan) #671

I still eat them a lot. At least 3 times a week; Reubens, Fried egg sandwiches with bacon and cheese, Tuna melts.
I have a Cuisinart Waffle iron that makes 4 rectangles at once. I love it!

(Rebecca ) #672

I think I may need to get an iron that makes 4 at a time. It’s a bit of a nuisance to make 1 at a time for my Honey and me!!

(back and doublin' down) #673

I started with the mini dash, and even for a single person making one at a time can get frustrating. My problem is living in a small home with a tiny kitchen and very limited storage. Debating what I could get rid of to make room for a larger waffle iron.

(KCKO, KCFO) #674

Love that name. This looks good enough to eat. I’m fasting so…

I’m late to the chaffle train, got a waffle maker yesterday and had chaffles with ham , mayo and pickles last night. Loved it! Since I am lactose intolerant (almost), but seem to be ok with sheep and goat cheeses, I used egg, grated hard sheep cheese, a little avocado oil, a little coconut flour. Yum! I’ll be exploring all the possibilities now. So glad I came to this forum, so many good things to learn about.