Carnivore / Zero Carb March 2017

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #1

I’m heading back into Carnivore/Zero Carb (ZC) for March, please join me :grinning::sunglasses:

If you haven’t followed ZC before, check out the topics under Zero Carb / Carnivore https://www.ketogenicforums.com/c/food/zero-carb

ZC/Carnivore here means animal products only (meat, dairy, fish, seafood, eggs). In the January ZC/Carnivore run, some restricted their protein source(s) and some excluded dairy, find the blend that works for you.

I will take my ZC March and move into a Fasting April (extended fast (EF), fat fasts, and ZC with intermittent/alternative day fasting).

I’ve found these topics helpful

2/28/2017: Brenda & Donna's 30-Day Steak Challenge

I will be ZC in March…gonna do that all beef steak thing with Donna and Brenda.

I will be interested in comparing the results of the one month beef to the one month variable protein.

(Georgia) #3

This is going to tie in nicely with my plans for Lent. I was planning to fast on Ash Wednesday and Good Friday (either all day fast or 0700-1700) with ZC for the rest of Lent.

I need something to help me stick with this WOE, and I can’t wait to see what the results will be.

Off to read all the previous topics.

Becky,
Where in WI do you live? I live in Madison, and I was thinking it might be fun to exchange ideas etc. if you are near Madison.
Kate

(AnnaLeeThal) #5

I’ll be ZC as well, Month of Meat!!! Steak every day all day.

(James storie) #6

I’m in! I was already planning to anyway. I’m glad to have buddies along for the ride!

(Alex Dipego) #7

I’ll be continuing ZC and it’s going to be awesome!

(Genevieve Biggs) #8

Continuing ZC! I can’t adhere to steak only, but I’ll be eating my ground beef, eggs, and bacon. :sunglasses:

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #9

@kate sounds great! I live in the Milwaukee area and I’m mobile. A friend on the forum lives in the Oconomowoc area, and another near me, we could schedule a meatup. I luv the Farmers’ Market on the Square, let’s plan a meatup on a Saturday so I can pair it with a visit to the market, although I’d prefer May for warmer weather.

(Adam L) #10

Yes I’m in, thanks @Becky for putting this forward. ZC Jan was awesome, not ZC in Feb is not nearly as good, crap actually but at least I’ve got a better idea of some of the things that disagree with my blood sugar. Might be a good time to have a stretch of bacon & egg only days :bacon: :egg: :grinning:

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #11

I was contemplating the month of steak, and bought a number of steaks in preparation. I realized I would struggle eating just steak, can’t believe I’m typing this about steak… when I thought about how I would prepare the steaks I couldn’t get herbs, sauces, garlic, etc… out of my head. Now a month of bacon and pork belly, mmmmmmm…

I’m looking forward to following the steak discussion!

(AnnaLeeThal) #12

My daughter actually asked me if I would do a month of pork. She said that way I would make more bacon for dinner :laughing:

(nadine1073) #13

I am ZC for life… so I will definetely be following :sunglasses:

I’m in :slight_smile:

Until I saw this post I wasn’t aware of ZC, but have read the Jan Challenge post & several of the links posted, so hopefully I’ll have got my head round it by March 1st :slight_smile:

I’m still figuring out how to use the forum so may ne a bit slow in following everything but I’m here …!

(Blyss (Old @Charmaine)) #15

I’ll be cheering y’all on! I’m back on my avocado and have developed a chia seed habit… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: hahahahahaha

(Thomi M) #16

Deciding… hmm. I may try this. The simplicity really intrigues me. And, I love my smoker in the springtime! Looking for a way to move my weightloss along a little more quickly.

Ok to mix with a bit of fasting?

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #17

[quote=“Thomi, post:16, topic:7889”]
Ok to mix with a bit of fasting?
[/quote] Definitely okay to mix with fasting. My ZC experiment started with the intent not to fast to separate ZC from fasting and I naturally fasted with reduction in hunger

Sounds perfect! I would love that! May on the square it is!

(Nicole) #19

I may participate too… But I’ll probably include some coconut oil and cream, if that is acceptable.

(Candace) #20

I’m in!