ZC What did you eat today?

Oven temp?

I put it at 150 def F for 15 minutes. Lowest setting on my oven. It didnā€™t get to 150. It got to about 120 deg F. I just did it to create a bit of a warm box for the water bath to sit it.

(Cathie Condon) #134

Very impressive- I admit to buying It in Trader Joeā€™s. :scream_cat:

(Arlene) #135

Creme fraiche uses mesophilic culture which doesnā€™t require heat to thicken, unlike yogurt which uses a thermophilic culture. You donā€™t need to put this in the oven at all. Just leave it out on your counter till it thickens.

(Samuel Ashford) #136

Butter from happy cows. And I made a happy plate.

Today I made: Fettuccine a la carbonara. Yes it is ZC!! :blush:

Carnivore / Zero Carb March 2017
(McCauley) #138

OMG!!! I about died just reading this. Now I need to wipe the drool off the keyboard! :slight_smile:
I have a question, though. This is 5 eggs and the bacon. How much of this is a serving? Did you work the macros out? Just curious, thank you!

Not really. All I care about is to stay below 20 grams carbs (which is almost zero), and below 50 g protein. I eat fat to satiety, and no calorie counting. Eating ZC eliminates need for macro trackingā€¦it all becomes really really easy.

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #140

Treated myself to pork belly from the local market for the 1st day of ZC March :sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:

(Alex Dipego) #141

chuck steakā€¦ 24oz :grin:

(Angie) #142

Bacon & Espresso with Almond Milk (yum!)
Lunch was Tuna with a little mayo, pickles, more bacon on a leaf of romaine
Dinner is a little Leftover Roast beef.

Side noteā€¦ I have had the lap band for the past 8 years and can not eat normal size meals so I spread it out through out the day! Wish I would of found Keto earlier!!

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #143

4 scrambled eggs cooked in duck fat with melted cheese, Iā€™m stuffed!

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #144

Parmesian Crusted Pork Chops. I baked these at 350F for 20 min, broiled for 5 and they were moist chops! I had a bite of my Hubbyā€™s that was coated in mustard and garlic before the cheese and the flavor was over the top. I will have a whole chop with mustard and garlic after ZC March.

(Michael Wallace Ellwood) #145

Not ā€œofficiallyā€ ZC, but I always aim to be low.

Today so far: fasting (plain water only) till around 1pm, then frankfurters, fried in coconut oil and butter, plus extra butter on the plate. With 2 eggs sunny side up. Small slice of gouda (for the vitamin K2 mostly). Hoping to make that do for today (other than black coffee & water). Am trying to do a restricted feeding window = ~IF, but Iā€™m being stricter than I usually am in the fasting period, i.e. outside my feeding window of midday-8pm - only plain water in the fasting period.

(Some brands of frankfurter are higher in carb than others, but these supermarket own-brand ones are really low in carbs (1g per 100g)).

(Alex Dipego) #146

pork and beefā€¦ Simple yet tasty. Honestly the simplicity is so nice with ghee, salt, pepper and meatā€¦ Plus fire of course .

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #147

Brisket in the car or perhaps Car Brisket! My local market sells big junks of meat at lunch, and the staff deliver when I ask for about a pound with the largest fat cap/strip/section. This was nearly 50% fat and I couldnā€™t finish it. Iā€™m greatful for this WOE because I can return to work without needing a nap following a big lunch :sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:

(Genevieve Biggs) #148

Donā€™t worry, ZC means zero plant foods, not absolutely zero carbs. So the carbs in stuff like cheese and eggs are totally allowed.

(Michael Wallace Ellwood) #149

Today I managed to find some liversausage (liverwurst), something I love, but is hard to find where I live.

It was already opened, and I bought all they had left (about 700g). I would have bought a whole one, but they didnā€™t have any others in.

I just cut it into thickish slices and ate it with a fork. (In the past, Iā€™ve eaten it with slices of cheese, but Iā€™m going easy on dairy for now, and I was enjoying it on its own).

It was surprisingly filling. I think I had about 300g, but it might have been a bit more. It has stuff like sugar and wheat flour in it, but it canā€™t be much as itā€™s only 1g/100g carbs. Not too much protein and a good amount of fat.

In addition, I had 2 boiled eggs (at different times) each with a bit of butter. That little lot has been as satisfying as just about anything Iā€™ve eaten in the last few weeks, somewhat to my surprise.

(Meeping up the Science!) #150

2x sirloin tip steaks and possibly a third if hungry, though I donā€™t seem to be. Rendered the fat that came with them to make tallow - surprisingly more than I thought.

(Michael Wallace Ellwood) #151

More liversausage, together with Gouda cheese.

Later, far more beef rib than intended (with some butter). (Was only planning to eat a little, saving the rest cold for tomorrow, but it was too tempting). Almost certainly over-did my protein limit, so tomorrowā€™s scale news will probably not be good. No ā€œvisibleā€ carbs that I can think of though.