August 2018 ZornFast

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #1

August’s Group Fast!
Starting THIS THURSDAY August 16th through Sunday August 19th.
The Ketogenic Forums monthly group fast, ZornFast, always starts the third Thursday of the month and runs through the following Sunday.

This month’s group fast.

I started practicing monthly fasts February of 2016. I still gain great benefit.
Zornfasts are normally the third week of each month.
Join if you’d like, we’ll support each other here.
I always do a water fast. (water/ black coffee & tea). The definition of a fast is open to your interpretation and needs. Some will need to do a fat fast. There are benefits to that type of fast as well. I fast to target visceral (organ) fat and to promote autophagy. Fasting also releases HGH for muscle growth. I follow Dr. Jason Fung. Matter of fact, his book "The Obesity Code " is what started my venture into fasting nearly two years ago.
Because of the ketogenic diet I am no longer diabetic. Fasting managed to further improve my health dramatically since I have included it in my health regime. It has increased my insulin sensitivity.

(I want to you remind you guys to please use the blur spoiler if you want to talk about food. This is so the fasters can have a safe place to come and read and get support without having to think about or hear about food.
NEVER post photos of food in this topic or any fasting topic!
(Click on the little gear symbol in the text box of your post as you are writing, top right, and a menu pops up. Choose the blur spoiler.)

You may want to include this drink during your fast (or some version of it). I drink 2 bottles a day while fasting.

KetoAide homemade recipes, Recipes, RECIPES

It is very important that you check with your doctor before consuming Lite Salt, as it contains potassium. Do not over consume Lite Salt! I normally only drink two bottles of KetoAide a day and only add 1/4 teaspoon Lite Salt to each bottle. Do not supplement this with additional teaspoons of Lite Salt! That’s too much potassium! Again check with your physician before consuming Lite Salt. [image][image] 290 mg sodium 350 mg potassium 75 mg magnesium

It is very important that you check with your doctor before consuming Lite Salt, as it contains potassium. Do not over consume Lite Salt! I normally only drink two bottles of KetoAide a day and only add 1/4 teaspoon Lite Salt to each bottle. Do not supplement this with additional teaspoons of Lite Salt! That’s too much potassium! Again check with your physician before consuming Lite Salt.
One 24 ounce bottle of KetoAide contains 290 mg sodium, 350 mg potassium and 75 mg magnesium

Do you know any of the tricks keep you from breaking your fast earlier than you would like? There are several. One is make sure you have your salt on point. Measure out a teaspoon and a half in the morning (this equals 3450 mg of sodium) and take pinches throughout the day. Make sure you hydrate. KetoAide has helped quite a few people. Try not to watch movies or TV that have food commercials. Try not to go into stores or smell food if you can help it. If your stomach growls drink sparkling carbonated water, this helps a lot. And one more thing… caffeine can suppress appetite. Use coffee or tea. Green tea has special properties, it contains a component called catechins that actually suppress ghrelin, the hunger hormone. Use one or all of these strategies and you should be able to fast longer. Remember, fasting is more psychological than anything else.

Group fast
(Sybella) #2

Yay…i aways look forward to this…im in

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #3

Me too. You guys are my buddies.

(Teresa (turtle)) #4

Since it’s easier to fast during my work week, I started last night and will hopefully continue until Thursday 5 pm.

I also started a fast last night, so 18 hrs. in presently.

(Angie) #6

Im fasting with you on IDM too. Doing a three day fast which I started last night. This will be my second 3 day fast! Im 3 lbs from normal BMI. I took a DEXA scan, waiting for the results. I may stretch this 3 day into 4 days…

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #7

I just read your comment there!

(KCKO, KCFO) #8

I’m in, following The Obesity Code Network weekly challenge fasting protocol this week anyway.It will be different than what I normally do for Zornfest, but it is good to mix it up.

Welcome newbies and welcome back to the seasoned Zornfasters.

(Ellie) #9

@Brenda why the other 2 threads called August group fast and August group Zorn fast? I got confused!

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #10

I’m just making announcements about the fast everywhere

(Lonnie Hedley) #11

@brenda I suggest you change the name. Monthly festival of fasting. :grin:

(Mark Rhodes) #12

I am with you there. My 5 day fasts start Sunday.

(Ian Sim) #13

I’ve done some 40 - 50 hour fasts but never a three day fast. This looks like as good a time as any to go for it. Any tips or recommendations are welcome. Looking to jumpstart Ketosis.

(Ron) #14

I also started last evening. The early bird gets the ??? :rofl::rofl:

(Doug) #15

Worm. Worms - ketogenic for at least 500 million years. :slightly_smiling_face:

(Lonnie Hedley) #16

It’s a good idea to prepare some electrolytes.

Listen to your body. When hunger strikes, give yourself 20 minutes. If it doesn’t go away, you might actually be hungry. If it does go away, keep on fasting.

Yes! I need this. Been a bit frustrated lately and hoping for a reboot. The group support helps a lot. Fingers crossed and may even start in early.

(Katie the Quiche Scoffing Stick Ninja ) #18

Damnit, I got my weeks mixed up and started a fast at 3;30pm yesterday, currently 22 hours in.
Need to break on Wednesday and exercise and then begin another on Thursday.
Do you start at 12am Thursday? When do you go off the last meal?

(karen) #19

“The early bird gets the ???”

perm, right?

:rofl::rofl:

(Christine) #20

I’m excited to join! Ive only done 48hrs. So we shall see…