August 2018 ZornFast

(Brian) #21

I’m in! Excited for my first ZornFast.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #22

This is an excellent tip. I’m going to use it tomorrow when I make a video for IDM. I’m always looking for ways to make people more effective at fasting.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #23

When I do this 4-day fast I always have my last meal Wednesday night then I fast all day Thursday Friday Saturday and break-the-fast Sunday at 4. But there are no rules here. You can start and stop your fast whenever it works with your schedule.

(KCKO, KCFO) #24

This is a no rules place. Join in with any type of fasting at any time. The idea is support and sharing of experiences. Some start after their last meal on Wed. night then go through Sunday. If that doesn’t fit for you, just do you, whatever schedule works.

(Lonnie Hedley) #25

Just like others have said it’s more about support than specific rules (except blurring mentions of food :grin:). So everybody will differ on when they start and stop, if they supplement with fat, etc.

I start when I close my eating window Wednesday night from 6-7pm. Then the goal is to fast until Sunday when my eating window opens at 1pm. Of course if something tells me to eat before then I’ll gladly listen.

(Lonnie Hedley) #26

Just information I’ve heard from others. Passing it along. :grin:

(Ron) #27

42 hrs in and all is well. Going strong and Keto’ing on.:sunglasses:

Hedleylo, It may well be just something you are essentially ‘parroting’ but that doesn’t make ANY advice less valid! Parenting, Teaching, Preaching, Coaching etc are all examples, and I join Brenda in thanking you. I like it and I’m totally stealing it, so there. (Insert disgusting “raspberry” here, waving both ‘mocking hands’ exuberantly, one thumb per each ear. )

I need to start early too. So I’m already about 12 hours in. But I use a little cream in my coffee sometimes.

Some fasts I do, some fasts I don’t.

Today… I am.

(Lonnie Hedley) #29

I liked it, and I stole it. SO THERE. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Or, if you like it then you better put a ring on it?

I’ve never heard of a three day fast related to keto. It sounds interesting. Thank you for sharing!

Glad to hear everyone kicking Keto butt! … I’m 51 hours in currently, and feeling just fine like all the other times. Since I stopped my last three fast at 72 hrs. (well, one at 67 for scheduling) I’m really looking forward to going the full 5 days for 120 hrs. this time, which will be Friday evening at 6:00pm. - :slight_smile:

I have to admit, so far, I’ve found that I feel really great when I’m fasting. But that being said, I actually set a limit of 5 days on myself for fasting purposes. - No real particular reason why really. … I could probably do more, I think, but I really don’t want to. At least not now anyway. I figure if anything I can fast once or twice a month, trying to keep it changed up and not become too repetitive.

(Ellie) #32

Joining for a shortened version. 48 hours starting Wednesday evening.
Good luck all, happy fasting!

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #33

I’m in. First time fasting in many years.

(Alexia Falcone ) #34

kicking off a 10 day fast … holiday here in France…figured it was a good day to start :blush:… I have been doing pretty well on longer block fasts, sometimes I get a little energy poop out mid day but salt water seems to do the trick …anyone have advice that has worked for them on potassium during fasting??? so many conflicting opinions

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #35

I quoted you on my IDM website fasting video today Lonnie @hedleylo

SO THERE!

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #36

If your sodium is on point, your potassium will remain stable.
Stay ahead of the sodium issue two ways:

1. Measure of a teaspoon and a half of salt in the morning. I teaspoon of salt equals 2300 mg of sodium and we need minimum 3000 a day. A teaspoon and a half is 3450 mg of sodium. Do not eat the sodium all at once. Take pinches of it throughout the day.

2. See my KetoAide recipe above in the original post. It supplements a small amount of magnesium, potassium and sodium. Make a couple bottles of this and sip on it throughout the day. Many many people have told me it has really helped them feel better during a fast and other days as well on keto.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #37

This is what we teach at IDM. It’s very important to mix things up.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #38

Me and Richard Morris started fasting when Dr. Jason Fung’s book, “The Obesity Code” was published in early 2016 and we discovered all the benefits of fasting. People who eat low carb and keto naturally end up fasting because they’re just not hungry. I’ve been managing this group fast on this website for nearly two years. And in many groups before that. Now I actually run a group fast in the IDMprogram.com community, Dr. Jason Fung and Megan Ramos’ website.
Be sure and read up on autophagy, visceral fat and human growth hormone. You’ll be hooked too.

I am in. Last night was my last meal. Ive got plans over the weekend so I needed to adjust my time frame slightly. This will be my first extended fast, 24 hours has been the longest so far…wish me luck.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #40

Do you know any of the tricks keep you from breaking your fast earlier than you would like? There are several. One is make sure you have your salt on point. Measure out a teaspoon and a half in the morning and take pinches throughout the day. Make sure you hydrate. KetoAide has helped quite a few people. Try not to watch movies or TV that have food commercials. Try not to go into stores or smell food if you can help it. If your stomach growls drink Sparkling carbonated water, this helps a lot. And one more thing… Caffeine can suppress appetite. Use coffee or tea. Green tea has special properties, it contains a component called catechins that actually suppress ghrelin, the hunger hormone. Use one or all of these strategies and you should be able to fast longer. Remember, fasting is more psychological than anything else.