April 2018 IF/EF chat - all welcome

(Allie) #1

New month, new challenges, new victories, new goals… here we go! :grinning:

March 2018 IF/EF chat - all welcome
First 3 Day Fast
(Melis Jansen ) #2

Fasting and autophagy are going mainstream. I laughed when I saw this magazine cover yesterday at the grocery store.

You can age in reverse and fit back into your high school clothing - just skip breakfast three times a week!

Today I’m going to fast after my meal for 44 hours and I hope to start another fast like that on Thursday after my meal.

I have been losing a lot of fat off my stomach. I’m not sure if it is from keto, fasting, or not long walks. I’m very happy about it and it is made a huge difference in my flexibility.

(Liz ) #3

Hello fast friends! I’m over 60 hours into my fast, breaking tonight while starting my month of dairy-free experiment. Having coconut oil in my coffee so it’s not a water fast. Some day I will try one.

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #4

Good Morning! This is my first fast since early January. 12 hours in and headed to 72!

(Raj Seth) #5

I launched on an ambitious fast today - after my “Last Supper” last night!!
Water only fast (water, black tea coffee, salt, and electrolytes only)
Duration- as long as I feel great. 7 days is my max so far - I’m targeting 3 weeks, but may even go 28 days
Let’s see what really happens!!

(Nicole Dickinson) #6

Starting my first 24 hour fast to see how I do. I have low blood sugar so monitoring just to keep track. :smile:

(Raj Seth) #7

What’s low? Disfunctional gluconeogenesis low?
You probably know the hypoglycemic symptoms so watch for those

(Allie) #8

@LizinLowell surprisingly I have discovered fasting is easier without the fats. Longest I’ve taken it so far is 42 hours but I was surprised at just how much easier it was. You may end up surprised if you decide to try it :heart:

(Nicole Dickinson) #9

They drop to 70s or low 80s sometimes. Started in my teens. I really don’t know what that is, glucogenisis, I have done this 3 months, lost 40 lbs and am still learning. My blood sugars are holding steady 16 hours in. :blush:

(Liz ) #10

That’s what I’ve heard & I will try it some time. It’s a psychological hurdle only at this point.

(Liz ) #11

I’m 70 hours into this fast and 1 pound below what I consider my “ceiling weight”, the number on the scale above which I get discouraged. I know scale weight is not everything but it’s something & it does have a bit of power over me yet. So I’m thinkjng I’ll tack on another day of fasting to hopefully get a little lower than that and have some leeway with the regain on the refeed.

(Stephanie Sablich) #12

Hello, fasting friends! Here are my plans for the month:

1. IF every day for at least 16 hours
  2. Fast at least 48 hours each week.
  3. Complete 1 7-day water only fast. I’ve never tried a fat fast but will be prepared to supplement with fat if I need it.

Here we go… starting 48 hours x 1 this evening :slight_smile: April is finals month and grad school crunch time… I need that extra mental energy!

Looking forward to communicating with all of you this month!

Hi all, I’m fairly new to all this. Just over 4 weeks in to keto (have done low carb on and off for a few years, more off than on). Appetite is definitely down and I’m planning to do a 16:8 fast every weekday. I did a 24 hour fast last week and felt great so will play it by ear and break my fast only when hungry. Plan is to just have HWC in my tea on waking. At work I don’t have time to think about food much anyway and just tend to drink herbal tea while there. Thanks for the support!

(Liz ) #14

Sounds great! Welcome aboard & watch those electrolytes :smile:

(Doodler for @KetoKailey) #15

Thanks, Allie!

Checking in for April! Missing you all and the wonderful support group/interactions.

Staying strong, and mostly 2 servings of BP Coffee during the day at work, and simple keto dinner with the family.

(Doodler for @KetoKailey) #16

Wishing you well, @LizinLowell! I may have to follow suit in May. I did Whole30 before I found this forum, and my stomach was happy dairy-free.

(Doodler for @KetoKailey) #17

@rustyk61 Hello, my friend! Wishing you well. I have been doing good and behaving. Quite a bit of driving going to work and back, and I have missed the forum!

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #18

I’ve been wondering about you! Glad to hear things are going your way! :nerd_face:

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #19

24 hours in and feeling pretty strong about this fast!

IF for the win! Have been bouncing up and down the same two pounds for months now. Used the Zero app to track 16-hr fasts all week, Keto coffee for breakfast and lunch at 2pm, dinner 7-8pm, repeat. I was shocked to see I am down 4.6lbs this morning! Woot! KCKO