April 2018 IF/EF chat - all welcome

(Garry (Canada)) #21

Go Team!

(Liz ) #22

At hour 86, breaking tonight at dinner! I’ll have some sauerkraut to help my gut, probably some macadamias, then wait an hour. My refeeds are always pretty intense no matter how careful & gentle I go. I end up making emergency trips to the bathroom 3 or 4 times.

Also I have a tendency toward binge behavior once I reintroduce foods & I hope to have a better handle on that at each refeed.

I lost 9 pounds which I knew was mostly water weight gained after my last 4 day fast (still don’t know WHY). And I’m at a personal new low on the scale, finally breaking out of the 160s to 159.8! I know fasted weights aren’t real but maybe that’s a sneak preview of a future scale victory?

Regardless that’s what I weigh today and as temporary as it might be, for me it’s an important milestone as it’s 100 pounds less than I weighed at my wedding in 2002. And 50 pounds lost since starting Keto in March of 2017 :blush:

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #23

Absolutely awesome!!! Congratulations.

(Liz ) #24

Hey thanks! Even if it’s ephemeral it’s still nice to catch a glimpse of it

(KCKO, KCFO) #25

I’m doing some IFing for a couple of days, I am trying to cut out dairy except for butter/ghee and goat cheese to see what effect it has on my bouncing around within my ‘acceptable weight zone’. Hopefully I will see some result from doing this, I can not eat nearly as much goat cheese as regular cheese, it is so rich.

I will also be fasting with the Zorn group the 3rd week of this month Anyone else planning on doing the group fast. I did drop my membership in IDM’s program for fasters, mainly because I get pretty much the same support from this forum and I wanted to spend my Keto $$$ on other things now, like a food tolerance test for more data to work with, I did enjoy it but I am also limiting my Facebook time and that group took up a lot of time. I am still in Daisy’s Keto Women FB group, because she is so awesome. .

(Jerrett Scott) #26

Good luck!!! You can do it!!! Both fasting and school!!!

(KCKO, KCFO) #27

I had a pleasant surprise today. My hairdresser started vegan Keto and intermittent fasting about 3 months ago. She has gone from 136 to 116, she wasn’t even aiming that low :slight_smile: She said she weighed that in 7th grade, but never in her adult life. She had watched me dropping my weight and decided to give IF a try, she won’t do meat products, so she didn’t alter that. Just the eating window for IFing. She was on cloud 9 about being so successful.

I was so happy for her, almost as good as me losing it. Just had to share the happy story.

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #28

48 hours in and aiming for 72!

(Liz ) #29

Go go go!

Are you the one I was talking with about eating everything not bolted down after breaking a fast?

Anyway I’m working really hard at using the discipline I have while fasting to not overeat during my refeed. It’s no fun lol but so far so good!

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #30

Use caution.

(Katherine Robinson) #31

High Nicole, happy to find someone doing a 24 hour fast. I just finished my first one today. I was so proud, nothing but one cup black coffee. Lots of water and some electrolytes. Then I came here and everyone is doing all these long fasts. I was feeling kind of lonely in my little one day fast. Hope yours went well.

(Jeannie Oliver) #32

Kudos, Liz. I also saw 159 this past weekend, for the first time in more years than I can recall.

I was truly surprised. I’ve been visiting my two daughters who live out of state, and although I’ve been cooking tons of keto meals for them, I feel like I have eaten more than I do at home. I’ve tried to keep on my usual IF schedule (18:6), but some evenings we’re a little late with dinner.

I’m flying home tomorrow. It’s always sad to say good-bye to my girls, but I am looking forward to a 36 hour fast as soon as I get home. It should be easy to do, since I made sure my fridge was empty of everything that might spoil before I left home two weeks ago. I may go longer if I feel well. I would love to do a five day fast for the autophagy benefits, but the one time I tried it I caved on day four.

(Tina Emmons) #33

Hi All, haven’t posted in this group before. Maybe I should have. I started keto and IF on Jan 10. LOVE fasting, like addicted to fasting. Using Vora app and pushing myself and competing with myself. Probably 85% of my life in a fasted state since then. Very strict keto otherwise. Sounds good right? Haven’t lost anything. Like 2 pounds in 12 weeks. Haven’t gotten labs yet but suspect I’m severely IR. I’ve done 16-43 hours, even two 72-hr. In another thread, it was suggested that I may have sent myself into calorie restriction by fasting before fat adaptation. Other keto friends suggested I quit fasting for a week or two so I did. Anyway, sick of this so I’m embarking on my first 5-day tomorrow. The sure way to lose is not to eat, correct?:sunglasses: Appreciate any words of wisdom or encouragement! Thanks!

(Nicole Dickinson) #34

Hi KatieMR! It went well. I think for now I will stick with doing 24 hours here and there before trying too much more😊

(Allie) #35

I use Vora too :grinning:

(Liz ) #36

Hello & welcome! The sure way to lose on Keto is to push your insulin down so your body can access its fat stores. Fasting helps with that but it takes time.

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #37

As typical with my other fast, I was unable to sleep longer than 4 hours last night. Yesterday was a long 12 hour day at work with lots of stress…So, I’m tired. Currently sitting at 60 hours. I’ll make it to 72 easy.

(Annalee Haley) #38

I also started with Whole30 3 years ago. It was a great way to transition to this lifestyle. I lost 1/2 of my weight on Whole30 but could not kick the cravings. I have been keto for 4 months and IF most weekdays. I am happy to report that I am 6 pounds from goal and have never felt better. I love this forum.

I have found the last morning of a fast I weigh more than the next day after breaking the fast. Letting go of stored water/salt maybe once food is reintroduced? N=1?

(Liz ) #40

Ah that’s nice! I think that’s happened to me before but not lately. Wondering if things I’m eating on refeed are causing water retention. Like a food sensitivity I don’t know about yet.