First 3 Day Fast

(Mary Beth) #1

Hi All! This is my first post on the forum. After listening to the podcast with Dr. Fung, I decided to do a 3 day fast. I’ve done a couple of 36 hour fasts and I regularly do a 16-8 intermittent fast, so this will be a tough one for me. I’ve been sipping on green tea this morning, and I’ll add a little salt water throughout the day. What are some other things folks drink during an extended fast?

(Allie) #2

Water and black coffee for me.

(Liz ) #3

I like seltzer water on a fast. To keep my sodium up sometimes I’ll add salt to my water. Herbal tea is nice, peppermint especially.

(Sondra Rose) #4

I drink mineral water with salt and black tea with heavy cream (I don’t have enough body fat to fast and keep my energy up without about 600 cal of supplemental fat.)

Started my current 5 day fast yesterday at 4 pm, so you have some company!

(Mary Beth) #5

Excellent! I’ll check in with you tomorrow to let you know how its going.

(Liz ) #6

Also check out the monthly open chat thread for fasters of all types:

(Mary Beth) #7

I love peppermint tea. I also have great tea that I blend with lemongrass, hibiscus, ginger and orange peel that is really tasty.

(TJ Borden) #8

:unamused: show off.

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(Mary Beth) #9

I’m doing pretty well 36 hours into my 3 day fast. I slept really well and woke-up with no pangs and lots of energy. I hope this last through out the day. Tonight when I get home I think it will be difficult to not eat because I am so trained to eat as soon as I walk through the door at the end of the work day. Last night I did eat a few macadamia nuts, not sure why. Maybe I was craving the salt. Oh and I lost about 2.5 pounds since I started Sunday evening. I know it was water weight, but I’m happy with that because I had plateaued for the last 3 weeks. I’m open to extend the fast another day if my head is in the right place. I’ll let you know how it goes!

(Raj Seth) #10

Best of Luck