March 2018 IF/EF chat - all welcome

(Liz ) #180

Up 7 pounds from my lowest fasted weight, something is screwy & I need to figure out what it is. Going to quit dairy for April, get back to weekly fasting.

(Mary) #181

This is exactly where I’m at. From mid-Sept until Nov 1 (my first stab at keto) I lost 20 lbs. Clambered back on the wagon Jan 14 and by Mar 26 I was up 5 lbs!! Lowering my carbs has always worked in the past and it was a huge shock to gain weight. I’m at just over 9 weeks keto and finally feel able to fast. So, 63 hours in those 5 lbs have come off and I’m back where I started. I’m not sure how long I’ll keep going but I expect my body will tell me if I need to eat. I’m not looking forward to the regain and would like to lose enough that I still won’t be over my starting weight when the regain happens (head games…)

I’ve been distracting myself by researching keto-friendly MD’s in Edmonton. Clearly, my metabolism is hopelessly deranged and I get that it’ll take time to heal from the decades of abuse but a 5 lb gain after 9 weeks of solid keto is pretty discouraging. I’ve got 75+ lbs to lose so it’s not like I’m anywhere near goal. Anyway, I’d like to know where my fasting insulin is and see if there’s anything else that’s causing my body to hang onto the fat so desperately (thyroid?).

Sorry that this turned into a book… Thanks, guys, for listening to my rambling.

(PrimalRhino) #182

Breaking a 44 hour fast. Still feeling good. Wanted to break it after a gym session but timing is everything. Sometimes life gets in the way of a plan. O well, there will be more.
Good luck everyone on your journey to be healthy.

(KCKO, KCFO) #183

I wasn’t planning on doing any more over 24 hr. fasts this month, did two extended fasts earlier along with a several of 36ers already. But I just don’t have any desire to eat today so will wait til at least brunch time tomorrow before eating anything except a tad bit of macadamia nuts, as I have to supplement fat when I fast now.

(PrimalRhino) #184

On a side note I’m at the same weight as I started, down a pound in the middle and now back to where I started.

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #185

Ok friends…the April thread hasn’t been started yet but I just finished my meal this evening and gonna do a 72 hour fast into the new month. Got to try to break my stall. Maybe this will do it.

(Doug) #186

@Goal179 Hey Dawn. :slightly_smiling_face: “Too much” - maybe so, but compare that to having done nothing.

(Karen) #187

Brenda had mentioned an interest in doing another fast at the top of each month. Go for it.

K

(Liz ) #188

Right on. I’m in your shoes. I’m 49 hours into a 70 hour fast ahead of the Dairy Free April I’m going to try. I gained a pound a day after my last epic fast and after 8 pounds up I finally freaked out & started this fast. I figure most of it is water, but why?? I kept thinking “Today I’ll get a whoosh” but nope. Good grief this is maddening!

(Karen) #189

Haven’'t had a whoosh for months and months

K

(Liz ) #190

Right? Ugh! I mean I’m keto for life & if all I have to do is KCKO then I will, but I don’t want to find out later there was something I could have changed sooner so I’m trying everything!

(Karen) #191

I’m watching your dairy free April. Fingers crossed for you.

K

(Liz ) #192

Thank you! Will you join us or nah?

(Karen) #193

Not yet. I love butter too much, but I’ll drop cheese.

K

(Allie) #194

(Dawn) #195

Great point. I am having a very very hard time getting back on track. I have a mental block that is keeping me from getting back to a good fasting routine. I have to work through that. Your feedback always helps me so much.

(Dawn) #196

Hi Friends. QQ. I am using Kettle and Fire bone broth (LOVE IT) as a crutch as I try to get back on the fasting wagon. It has about 14 grams of protein for the entire package. Is that too much? I want to make sure that I am not spiking my insulin with too much protein when I am supposed to be “fasting”. I am fasting to lower insulin levels and drop the extra weight that I gained over the last 45 days. I am stepping my way down to water only, but for right now, I need the bone broth. Also, what are the opinions regarding powdered creamers? They have almost no calories, so I wonder if they are ok for fasting. I have to drink coffee every morning in order to control my appetite but I can’t drink it black AND I don’t really want to add alot of fat to my diet right now since I have so much fat wiggling on my body already. I also don’t want the heavy creamer while fasting because of fat and calories. Advice? Opinions? Warnings? LOL! Thanks my friends.

(Dawn) #197

Are cheese and butter considered Dairy? If so, I’m out. I breathe for cheese.

(Allie) #198

@Goal179 we are on the April thread now :slight_smile:

(Dawn) #199

Why does time go so quickly!! SORRY…moving to April :rofl::rofl: