32 day ZC Variable Protein Test

Oh yes. It was very filling to eat just one. And with a couple tablespoons of lard. The leg weighed almost 500 g (with bone), so plenty of protein.

(Mediterranean Magic! Show me yer...) #49

Oh yeah. I’ve already fapped all over yer recipe pics. YUM

Day 20 - Lamb

Still feeling good and energetic all day long.

Daily Stats:

1. How does gut feel? Great! No discomfort.
  2. Hunger level? Not hungry at all. I’d rather be fasting.
  3. Mood? Upbeat, optimistic
  4. Energy level? Pretty good!
  5. Sleep? Good deep sleep.
  6. Delta weight since start = +2.0 lbs

Today I just had lamb rack leftovers, and didn’t need to cook anything.

(Mediterranean Magic! Show me yer...) #51

I need to master cooking a lamb roast. That looks perfect!

It’s stupid easy…seriously. Nothing to master. Do it once and you’ll see…it will be awesome.

Day 21 - Chicken

Feeling good and energetic all day long.

Daily Stats:

2. Hunger level? Just a tad bit hungry today.
  6. Delta weight since start = +1.4 lbs (wow…quite a loss from yesterday)

Again, I really looked forward to a change in protein. The next protein choices here on forward will start to get into more allergic type foods. I don’t have any allergies that I know of. However, It will be interesting to see if I react to any if them.

Today I ate chicken confit

Day 22 - Chicken

Feeling good and energetic all day long.

Daily Stats:

2. Hunger level? Just a tad bit hungry today, but not too much
  6. Delta weight since start = +1.4 lbs (no change from yesterday)

Today I ate some Chicken Cacciatore

(Mediterranean Magic! Show me yer...) #55

Dat pickle!

Day 23 - Chicken

Again still feel good and energetic all day long.

Daily Stats:

2. Hunger level? I felt hungry today. More than usual.
  6. Delta weight since start = +1.4 lbs (again, no change from yesterday)

Today I made Chicken Nut-Oodle Soup

It was made with pine nuts (pretty low carb) but luckily they were floaties, so was able to avoid them for scooping up a nut-free soup serving

I contemplated calling the recipe “chicken nuts soup” or “chicken nut sack soup”, just to see what sort of response I’d get from @MableSyrup. I’m sure I will still get some cheeky, provocative quip from that gal anyway :smirk:

(Mediterranean Magic! Show me yer...) #57

That soup looks divine!

I have two Drag King names/personae. One is a goofy chef named Boner Petít. The other is Marble Nutsack.

How did you guess, @Fiorella? =)

No way! Seriously? Haha…awesome…nailed it!

I have very good intuition I guess :grinning:

:joy: Awesome!!

Day 24 - Chicken

Again still feel good and energetic all day long. Looks like no problem with chicken either. Next protein is egg…we will see how that goes.

Daily Stats:

2. Hunger level? I felt a bit hungry today.
  6. Delta weight since start = +2.0 lbs

Today a ate delicious chicken piccata

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #61

Engaging protein test, thank you for sharing @Fiorella! I’m 50/50 on finding this on your 24th day, what a fab read through food and experiences, but I expended most of my daily likes reading through in one run :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:. I even “liked” the fish/seafood entries, and I’m not a fan of this food area.
Keto reintroduced me to my love of cooking, piqued my interest in learning more on why cooking techniques work versus executing them well. I like to have a recipe as a guideline and then breaking the rules. You’ve added fuel to the flame of wanting to understand why it works. I bought The Food Lab for Christmas, and I suspect you’re a walking Food Lab x10 :smile:.

I love Kenji. I could watch his you tube recipes for hours. His techniques are spot on, and I also love his simple and effective teaching method.

Thank you for your kind words and likes. I wanted to share this ZC journey with others…so that we can all learn together.

Your approach to cookery is brilliant. Just learn the few fundamental techniques, but then explore outside the recipe guidelines and customize to your personal palette and likings. Not only will your home made food taste incredible, but the control you will gain in the kitchen feels amazing.

Day 25 - Eggs

I am still feeling good and energetic all day long.

Daily Stats:

2. Hunger level? I felt a bit hungry today. I would say same level as yesterday.
  6. Delta weight since start = +3.2 lbs…the chicken yesterday was so good…if I had more I would have been tempted to eat more. I wonder if this had induced something to increase weight. We’ll see in the next few days.

Today I ate half dozen soft cooked eggs, some with a variety of dried pepper, and some with fleur de sel.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #64

@MableSyrup
LMFAO

Day 26 - Eggs

I am feeling mostly good and energetic all day long. However, I’m detecting a bit of discomfort in my gut. Almost like having a bit of a hard time to digest. The discomfort starts high up in my trunk area, and descends…feeling like a lump trying to move through. It’s not a big discomfort, but kind of like there is some gut inflammation. Just slightly noticeable, since I’m eating in a very limited fashion, I can detect these things. So, I think I’m detecting a bit of issues with eggs. I will have to repeat this protocol at a future date (like a one week all egg fast) just to see if I detect this again and then validate it is the eggs that cause some inflammation.

Daily Stats:

1. How does gut feel? Some discomfort noted.
  2. Hunger level? I felt hungry today.
  6. Delta weight since start = +4 lbs…I wonder if I’m retaining water because of some gut inflammation that I’m feeling

Today, I ate a half dozen pickled eggs

Day 27 - Eggs

I am feeling mostly good and energetic all day long. The discomfort in my tummy went away.

Daily Stats:

1. How does gut feel? No issues today.
  2. Hunger level? I felt hungry today, again.
  6. Delta weight since start = +2.2 lbs…I think the tummy issues I had yesterday retained some water, which explains the 1.8 lbs loss from yesterday

Today I ate 5 eggs prepared as an ancient roman recipe called ovis apalis

I didn’t eat the other stuff on the plate…they are just there for decoration…sort of what a Roman would have eaten around 50 AD

Day 28 - Eggs

I am feeling mostly good and energetic all day long, again.

Daily Stats:

1. How does gut feel? Feels good.
  2. Hunger level? No hunger at all.
  6. Delta weight since start = +2.2 lbs…no change from yesterday

Today I ate one fried egg and Omelette made with 4 eggs.