Omelette fettuccine

eggs
omelette
fettuccine

Here’s a classical way of preparing luscious, soft and flavourful omelettes, (a technique that was known before the Teflon pan was invented). Teflon destroyed omelette making. No matter what temperature, or your cooking technique, nothing sticks. So, as a result, the omelettes made in Teflon (or other coated) pans often come out pretty dry and leathery…needing lots of repair with sauces.

First start with getting your eggs and a measuring cup (our anything with a pour spout)

Beat eggs with a fork. Add salt and pepper

Get a bit of water for adjusting the consistency of eggs. Add three tablespoons water, to get a better pouring mixture

Add plenty of fat to pan. About 2 tablespoons bacon grease. Crank up heat to melt grease and get it hot

Slowly pour egg mixture, starting at center, and spiralling outwards. Only pour enough to cover bottom of pan with thin layer of eggs

Swirl pan to allow hot grease floating on top of omelette to cook the top. This technique allows both top and bottom of omelette to cook at the same time

With a spatula, start rolling up the omelette. If you want, you could add toppings (cheese, ham, veggies) before rolling them up

Here’s what a completed omelette looks like

Add more fat to pan as needed, and continue making the other omelettes

This is what it looks like eating them plain

However, you can chop them up into strips and make fettuccine. You can add tomato sauce, pesto, cream, etc…so many choices! Add them to bone broth or pho, too!

Here’s a simple but delicious technique…just add grated or shredded parmigiano reggiano (Parmesan)

The perfect bite: omelette fettuccine with shredded parmigiano reggiano

ZC What did you eat today?
32 day ZC Variable Protein Test
What did you Keto today?
(Meeping up the Science!) #2

You are almost making me like eggs. Almost.

I’m working on a keto polenta recipe. Slowly getting there. The one breakfast food I miss.

C’mon Donna! Anything with parmigiano reggiano on it tastes good! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Hey, I think Richard tackled the polenta recipe with almond meal. I saw it on his recipes. Did you try that recipe? I’ve been meaning to get to it.

(Meeping up the Science!) #4

I’ve not, but I have a few other ideas to guarantee authenticity. After I experiment I’ll post! Hopefully I will have time in the next few weeks…

Awwwwwwwwww. The suspense!!! I’m looking forward to it :smile:

(Cheryl Meyers) #6

omg that looks delish!

(Sue Turner) #7

I would love to find the recipe you mention here using almond meal, but have tried search and can’t come up with anything. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. :slight_smile:

(Adam L) #8

I must try this soon
http://easylocarb.azurewebsites.net/recipe/polenta/

(Louise ) #9

Wow! I can NEVER get my omelette to look that good! Thanks for the tips!

(Richard Morris) #10

Nice technique. I like to make mine with the top just set from heat applied to the base. But for people who don’tr like their eggs rare … that would work well.

(Patrick B.) #11

Imagine some bacon bits from ends and pieces… mmmm.

(Mediterranean Magic! Show me yer...) #12

@richard got a link for this polenta magic?

(Richard Morris) #13

it’s up higher in the thread … but I’ll post it again :smiley:

(Mediterranean Magic! Show me yer...) #14

Unless it’s same as what @Adam posted. Derp.

(Ann) #15

Oh, I’m going to have to try this. I like the idea about dropping them in bone broth.

(Sue Turner) #16

This looks so delicious and I can imagine making my usual spaghetti sauce recipe and adding the sliced up omelette and grated mozzarella.

Oh, wow! That is worth breaking my fast for!

Thank you so much for posting this…and as always, wonderful photos and instructions!

(Beth) #18

You continue to delight! I love the fettuccine idea! I can’t wait to try this. Thank you for all of the tips and techniques you offer in all your recipe threads!

(Beth) #19

P.S. do you think this would work OK in a cast iron frying pan – that is, not curved sides?

Yes, it would work. The curved sides aren’t a deal breaker for these omelettes. Don’t pour the batter all the way to the sides, to allow fat to travel both on top and under the thin omelette and it will all work out.