Easy Pickled Eggs

eggs
pickle

The steps are very easy. But wait at least one week before you eat them. They can keep in your refrigerator for several months. So, a good strategy to take advantage of grocery store sales.

I used a dried pickling spice blend, containing mustard seed, coriander, bay leaves, peppercorn, dill seed, fenugreek, cinnamon, ginger, allspice, cayenne and cloves

In a glass jar, I added 2 tablespoons of pickling spice blend. In a 2-cup measuring cup, I blended 1 cup white vinegar, 1/2 cup water and 2 tablespoons salt. I then added 12 boiled (and peeled eggs) to the jar. I filled it to the top with the white vinegar-salt liquid. I tapped the side of the jar with a wooden spoon to get the entrained air bubbles out. Then I closed the container and placed it in the fridge

Here’s a nifty little tool I bought for almost no cost at a dollar store

Makes perfect slices each time! Works great with small avocados, too

Makes your pickled egg slices look perfect

32 day ZC Variable Protein Test
ZC What did you eat today?
(Jacquie) #2

Lovely! I wouldn’t be without my egg slicer, too.:slight_smile:

(Henna Selnes) #3

I am following you thru this. Fascinating. No Scandinavian household is with out no less than 3-6 different egg slicers. Lol. They all cut the same.

Oh, that’s funny. What are the slicers used for, just eggs, or other things, too?

(Henna Selnes) #5

Just eggs. Or nice decoration. Or great to block the rest of your gadgets in the drawer. My favorite one is a double egg slicer and cutter, the cutter, cuts and egg into long 8 pieces, not slices. (The middle one) 3 of the required 6

Love that double slicer!!

Do you think this would also work with soft boiled eggs for the runny yolks?

What a great question! My guess is yes. I will try it one day, just to see what happens.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #9

NO shit! I LOVE pickled eggs. Definately trying your spice mix idea. Thanks!

Can’t you just save pickle juice and dump in hard boiled eggs?

(Stickin' with mammoth) #11

I’m curious about that, too. Let’s try it with a few and see what happens.

Yes you can. Or olive juice (the vinegar kind). Or other pickled veg juices. Imagine what beet pickles juice eggs come out looking like!!

By starting from scratch (like this recipe), you get to add the spices of your choice and control the final taste. And no other additives (sugar, preservatives, etc).

(Roxanne) #13

Just put my first batch in the fridge - no idea if I even like pickled eggs, but too simple not to try!

Haha…I guess you can soak in water and unpickle them if not :laughing:

(Mike Glasbrener) #15

Bump. Got to try this this weekend…