Chicken Nut-Oodle Soup

chicken
nuts
soup
pine

This recipe uses a very fatty little nut as a substitute for starchy, carby noodles: pine nuts

The nice thing about pine nuts is that when you toast them, they turn out tasting (and smelling) like popcorn. If you want a more buttery tasting pine nut, toast them less (or skip the toasting), and if you really like the rich taste of popcorn, toast them until they reach a nice brown colour. They are also very tender, unlike other nuts.

The other nice thing about pine nuts is that a 1/3 cup serving has less than 5 g net carbs, approx 35 g fat and 110 mg Magnesium. So, if you are looking for a way to increase magnesium levels, perhaps throw some of this in your bone broth.

First I started with a heaping tablespoon of lard, and brought it to smoking hot point

I tossed in some pine nuts

They turn brown pretty quickly, so need to keep an eye on them. At this point, they smelled like popcorn. Also, the pine nuts are very tender and are like little fat bombs when you bite into them

I had some leftover chicken that I chopped up

And tossed the chicken in with the toasted pine nuts

I added some homemade chicken broth (it was like jelly because it was stored in the refrigerator)

I brought the soup up to hot temperature, adjusted for salt and pepper

Added a tablespoon of freshly chopped parsley…just for colour

The perfect spoonful…fatty broth, fatty chicken and fatty pine nuts…and all very tasty

Who needs Nigella when we have Fiorella?!
32 day ZC Variable Protein Test
What did you Keto today?

Love the step-by-steps.