3 Weeks In, Not Too Impressed, Ready to Give Up

Hahaha that is true :smile:. Iā€™ll have to check into finding one. I just have so many gadgetsā€¦buy I do use most of them.

(TJ Borden) #386

For sure. Itā€™s an amazing tool. I have the Anova and it goes on sale pretty frequently. Youā€™re still looking at around $100, so itā€™s an investment, but like @juice pointed out, it makes cheap cuts of meat as tender as high end restaurant cuts.

(TJ Borden) #387

@tdean, figures thatā€™s the comment you like :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Precisely twice as good. Canā€™t argue with the maths :grin:

@Baytowvin @juice. Thank you both! I am always looking for new ways to broaden my mostly carivoire diet

(TJ Borden) #390

For a carnivore itā€™s almost a necessity

(Blessed with butter ) #391

What do you think about bulletproof coffee

(Running from stupidity) #392

Seriously, you wonā€™t believe the difference it makes.

I do occasionally have oneā€¦ black coffee with butter. But my stomach is getting more sensitive to it so itā€™s more of a weekend treat

(TJ Borden) #394

If itā€™s something that helps you, great. Itā€™s certainly not necessary. Iā€™ve never tried MCT oil, because Iā€™ve ever seen a good argument for the need.

Early on I did add coconut oil and butter. It was good, but I prefer my coffee black, so I ditched it.

I used mct at first upon some ones suggestion. You have to be careful with thatā€¦ Itā€™ll tear your insides out!

(Running from stupidity) #396

Hereā€™s a (badly-white-balanced) shot of medium-rare rump done in the sous vide then briefly seared in a hot pan. Itā€™s not the best example, but just the one Iā€™ve got easily to hand.

(TJ Borden) #397

Ahhhā€¦, look at that sexy piece of meat

YUM! This looks flipping amazing.

(Running from stupidity) #399

And itā€™s pretty much the cheapest steak you can get (down here, anyway - on Sundays at the market I can get 2kg for $20, and Iā€™ve bought 8kg in the last couple of weeksā€¦). We have it multiple times a week. If it was up to me it would be what I ate every night, and at lunch as well :slight_smile:

Making a diane sauce to go with it tonight, I think.

(TJ Borden) #400

Apparently Iā€™ve maxed out my ā€œlikesā€ for the day, so Iā€™m officially done for the day. Have a great evening everyoneā€¦ yess even you @championsidewinder.

(Ellie) #401

I think you are confusing electrolyte imbalance with being fat adapted. You are almost certainly fat adapted, but - separately - you have an electrolyte imbalance that is causing your cramps.

You said that your weight loss has all been water weight, but I donā€™t think that someone of your size (by which I mean not that overweight) has 30lbs of water! So you have lost weight and it is working.

As far as needing to eat to get potassium etc, have you tried ketoaide?

This can help you get the electrolytes you need if you want to try fasting again.

I have to say that I agree with @Baytowvin in that every suggestion you are given you respond to with a ā€˜Iā€™ll never do thatā€™ or ā€˜it wonā€™t workā€™. I think if you can get your electrolytes sorted out then you will find things easier and then you could try some of the suggestions.

As a side note, I seem to recall in one of your earlier posts you mentioned that you have ADHD. I have a friend with that and she struggles with things she canā€™t control and gets very frustrated. Some of your posts come across as very aggressive and dismissive of the help you are getting. It may be that your ADHD is a contributing factor to that, and Iā€™m sure people will be patient, but if you think about the tone in your posts you may get less confrontational responses.

(Championsidewinder) #402

As far as fasting, if I want more potassium I would have to eat potassium chloride with salt, I know that but I donā€™t use more than 1/4 teaspoon twice a day of potassium chloride because too much is dangerous, so fasting is out because I would have to eat more of it and Iā€™m just not gonna. I am just going to lower my protein from 154 total to about 120 to see if I get more fat adapted, and as for Electrolytes I do pee more than most because of this stupid enlarged prostate bph that I was tested years ago that itā€™s only that just bph, but butter cheese have growth hormones in them so I am going to stop eating butter and cheese to hopefully help shrink my prostate over time. But now my carb manager app is set to 120 gram max protein and 20 net carbs and 151 fat and now it says 1928 in calories, and know ppl on keto donā€™t count them but I still see it on my app, so it makes me think how many calories should I be consuming is 1928 close or what? I found the app because I donā€™t understand all this confusing stuff about keto, then ppl say just eat well I would like to do that but I tried that the first two weeks and didnā€™t do nothing but I ate more and just not knowing how much of what I should be eating just blindly eating whatever I donā€™t like. I just want get more fat adapted so I have good energy, because yesterday I had no energy at all, I tried playing disc golf but could barely pull my cart let alone throw a frisbee, I just went home and lay down, it sucked and thought to myself I hate this diet it sucks 11 weeks of this crap and is not working and nobody can help me, I just hear the same thing keep going it will get better but it has been getting worse over the past month, Iā€™m depressed sad and mad, sorry to everyone about last night Iā€™m just so tired of nothing working right :disappointed:

(Championsidewinder) #403

I am not ever going to fast, I donā€™t like it I just wonā€™t do it, sorry but I cannot go more than a half a day without eating and I want energy and not getting enough energy is enough to make me quit this diet because I like playing disc golf everyday and no energy means itā€™s time quit this stupid diet and eat something to get the energy I need, but I still am on this diet because I donā€™t really know what else to do, Iā€™m frustrated and pissed off and just plain lost

(Ellie) #404

I feel your frustration and given that your fatigue is going on for so long, I canā€™t help but think that there is something else going on.
I know you arenā€™t a fan of doctors, but I wonder if it is time to get a blood test to see if there is something else you are deficient in, or something else going on. Being run down and having no energy can also be a symptom of chronic infection, or chronic fatigue syndrome or something similar.

I guess one question is - if you go back to a ā€˜normalā€™ diet, do you feel better? Do you have more energy? If you are only getting the energy from sugary things then you are just covering up an underlying issue.