2KD Blue cheese dressing warning!

dressing
cheese
blue
bleu

(Tom) #1

I’ve been making the Chart House blue (bleu) cheese dressing, hereby known as BCD, and I have to provide a warning for the group.

It is extremely addictive! The component are too easy to obtain, it’s too easy to make, and it’s too good on everything. The only upside is that when I use the gorgonzola from Costco, it’s too chunky to snort. Seriously, it’s that good.

Edit: here’s the link. You know. To avoid. Because dangerous. http://blog.2keto.com/recipe/chart-house-blue-cheese-dressing/

Beef Salad with Roquefort Dressing (combined @Carl recipes are amazing)
Keto appetizer suggestions please
While the cat's away

I make a version of Bleu Cheese dressing that’s nearly identical and I must whole-heartedly agree with your observation that it’s addictive.

The only real difference is that sometimes I make my own mayonnaise from extra light olive oil instead of using Mark Sisson’s Primal Kitchen Mayo from avocado oil.

(Mediterranean Magic! Show me yer...) #3

My go to is very similar. Crack.

(Ross Daniel) #4

Good call on the mayo! I’ll give this a shot. I’m trying to limit my “bad fats” like soybean oil as much as I can :smiley:

(Tom) #5

I’ve been using “just mayo”, my main reason being the same thing, to avoid soybean oil.

(Doug Stone) #6

A man after my own heart. One that would snort BCD given the chance, Eating a blue cheese bacon burger now!

(Tom) #7

It has made Buffalo wings a staple dish at home lately, too.

(jilliebean1973) #8

This sounds amazing! I have a container of feta in the fridge, I wonder how that would do.

(Tom) #9

Only one way to find out! Maybe try a half or quarter recipe and report back?

… Hi, my name is Tom, and I’m a BCD addict…

(Robin) #10

I make something similar but add a bit of horseradish to the mix. So good. I do need to thin it out a bit to have it even pass as a salad dressing though. :kissing_heart:

I have make 2 jars at a time… one to keep in the work fridge and one at home. :slight_smile: Helps with eating at the company cafeteria.

(Roxanne) #12

What do you eat it with?

(Tom) #13

I find excuses to eat it with all sorts of stuff. Pepperoni slices, chicken wings, salad, other cheese, steak, topped on burgers, roasted cauliflower, and of course, BCD with a side of BCD!

(suzanna) #14

I make all my salad dressings and make a similar bleh cheese dressing. Thought I’d share my other favs here?
Suzannas homemade keto ranch dressing

2 c soured heavy whipping cream (1 tsp apple cider vinegar per cup, let sit 10 min first)
1 c mayonnaise
1/3 c sour cream
(or full fat Greek yogurt)
1 tsp dill weed/or 2 fresh
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 tsp sweetener (if you must)
2 cloves garlic pressed

Suzannas creamy Cesar dressing:

1 cup mayo
1/2 cup sour cream
Juice of a lemon
Grated zest of lemon
Salt, pepper
2 garlic cloves minced or pressed
2 tsp Italian dressing
2 TBSP grated Parmesan

Tub of Sour Cream
(Roxanne) #15

@suzanna, how long do your dressings last in the fridge? Do you use homemade mayo? I’m always worried about them spoiling before I use them!

(suzanna) #16

I don’t use homemade mayo but should I know. I’ve never had any dressings “go off” probably 10 days max is as long as I’d feel safe. But, mayo and sour cream last longer and can’t imagine adding that adding spices, cheese, garlic etc would lessen shelf life of the dressing.

(I like to post memes!) #17

OH wow, that sounds great!

(annieplanck) #18

Feta is especially good on lamb burger!

(suzanna) #19

I’m now homemade mayonnaise convert! The key is light tasting olive oil!

(Becky Searls) #20

This is no joke. Delicious and super easy, thanks!