2KD Blue cheese dressing warning!

dressing
cheese
blue
bleu

(tim_debbie) #21

Oh yes…made some last night …my husband went back and stole some more and I think overdid it somewhat. Had to remind him its being a carb burner OR being a fat burner NOT BOTH …he likes to switch …hes coming over :slight_smile:

(Roxanne) #22

Finally made this today. Oh my! Had it on a simple romaine salad with chopped tomato and egg.

(Stickin' with mammoth) #23

Tom, you are an evil man. I’ve found my people! (scribbles blue cheese on grocery list…)

(Tom) #24

Mmuuaahaaahahahahahahaaaaa! Cave to your desires and just start buying the blue cheese from Costco like this!

(can of Lacroix for scale)

(Stickin' with mammoth) #25

Um…all that image does is make me want to find a spoon.

(Patty W) #26

Reading about the BCD recipe tempted me to come off my 3 day fast a few hours early (I was jonesing for a salad & that sounded like the perfect accompaniment).

Turns out I didn’t have Worcestshire in my pantry, but some Braggs Aminos & Red Boat fish sauce substituted just fine. Delicious!

I also used it on some leftovers later (liver, bell peppers, & mushrooms) with a fried egg on top…added a little _je nai sais quoi.__.

My only mistake was I “halved” the recipe…silly me…I won’t make that mistake again :grinning:

(Stickin' with mammoth) #27

Tom:

I was forced at gunpoint by several friends who work at Trader Joe’s to print out this recipe and disseminate it. (Okay, not really gunpoint, but I would’ve gotten the stink eye from them for weeks.) I added “Ketogenicforums.com” at the top to hook 'em. This could work.

(Mediterranean Magic! Show me yer...) #28

I CAN’T STOP MAKING THIS DRESSING. I THINK I NEED AN INTERVENTION. :slight_smile:

(Jacquie) #29

I can’t help you as I just had some tonight…again! :grinning:

(Tom) #30

The downside to this stuff is that it’s really calorically dense. Not that I pay that much attention to CICO, but I realized I was banging down an extra 800 calories a day of that glorious, cheesy, dippy goodness. My weight loss has stalled lately, thus, I must reluctantly ration my BCD use.

(Stickin' with mammoth) #31

I was thinking you could start a 12-step program for the stuff, you know, since you started it and all. Pusher.

(Larry Lustig) #32

I’m a big fan of Costco and I like their cheeses but I have a big block (not the pre-crumbled stuff) of this Bel Gioso gorgonzola and it’s pretty bad.

(Tom) #33

Sorry to hear that. I’ve had pretty decent luck w/ that brand, out of the several that I tried.

I wish I had adhered to the warning. This dressing is ridiculously dangerous. I put it on everything and then dip everything in it. Then when nothing is left in the house, I just grab a spoon, where I could have just started. My wife and I fight over who ate more of it when it’s running low. I don’t know if this dressing is the best thing to happen to me or the worst. Either way, I won’t stop. Can’t stop.

(Jennifer) #35

I picked up some of that Salemville Amish Blue cheese from Costco. It came in two sealed compartments which has less of a risk of going bad than the big tubs. Made the dressing with half the cheese which was probably 10oz, It is amazing. I was eating it out of the bowel and had to stop myself. Put a big dollop on my burger tonight and it was out of this world. Can’t wait to eat more tomorrow!!! Lol…

(Siobhan) #36

Ah… yeah, I’ve bought that before. I didn’t even look at the ingredient list until I got home.
Canola oil (not necessarily bad, but not my favorite), sugar, modified food starch, pea protein… and no egg? WTF
Didn’t realize it was vegan mayo. Now I’m waiting for us to go through our hellman’s (how did we get so much freaking mayo?!) and then I’ll just make my own with avocado oil (although I heard bacon nectar works well too).

I suppose it would do fine if you have issues with egg though, although the starch and sugar makes me squint at it a little.

EDIT: Also I just remembered they got sued for false advertising, because the FDA says mayo has to contain egg and (I think specifically) vegetable oil to be considered mayo. I think they won but… yeah, it certainly mislead me (my own fault though really…).

(robin miller) #37

It is that good ! I put it on steak and hamburgers as well!
2 ingredient homemade mayonnaise:
put 1T lemon juice in a jar
crack 1 egg into the jar over the lemon juice
Carefully add 1C light olive oil (trying not to mix them)

Put an immersion blender all the way to the bottom of the jar an start mixing. Once you start seeing mayo you can move the blender around and get it all incorporated.

Make 1C

(jilliangordona) #38

Just Mayo still has canola oil correctly? (Totally cool if you’re using it… I’m just avoiding it and wanted to clarify)

(Jennifer) #39

It sets up pretty think in the fridge and got me thinking… adding some green onion, bacon and chopped pecans would make the perfect dip! And would go great with the almond crackers I made.

Hmmm…

(Susan) #40

Thanks for the recipe! I made this today to go on my Panera Green Goddess salad (ordered to go, no dressing, no side) and it was WONDERFUL…not sure what a serving size should be, and don’t care. lol. So delicious.