ZC What did you eat today?

(bulkbiker) #242

Scrambled eggs and frankfurters for lunch and just had two enormous pork chops from the sous vide. Stuffed. No pics because they didn’t last long enough…

Is that hot sauce on those eggs? Everyone I know says that’s gross but no one will try it

(Deborah ) #244

I cooked a chuck roast in my Instant Pot (love it!) when I got home from work last night. Took it out of the freezer, browned it in some avocado oil, seasoned w/garlic and onion powder, salt & pepper, then cooked on high for 60 mins. using beef broth for the liquid. It was fall-apart, juicy goodness! I’m actually having some for lunch now. :slight_smile:

(Blyss (Old @Charmaine)) #245

Yep, I quite enjoy hot sauce on my eggs. :grin:

(Nathan Toben) #246

Seem to be stuck

Yesterday was goats milk yog, chicken thighs lifted out of rogan josh curry (homemade) and baked salmon.

(Dave Anderson) #248

Chrizo stuffed chicken breast with cauliflower mash and broccolini
Mmmm

Looks nice. Not too carnivory though… :slight_smile:

Today I had pork crackling hot and fresh from the local butchers. Delicious!
Then chicken thighs in butter, lifted out of a homemade curry sauce. And a teasp of cocoa powder with cream in hot water.

(Jodi) #251

Thick sliced bacon, beef sticks, sardines and a ribeye!

Seem to be stuck
(Norma Laming) #252

I thought zero carb meant just meat?

(Chris) #253

It does, he’s lost.

Hmm. lets see…

Day before yesterday:
prawns with avocado oil mayo
Am away from home, and a guest, so choices somewhat restricted. Also portion sizes!
Which led to a hypo at 6pm and the rapid consumption of a pork pie to rectify.
Not happy about that, but needs must. Gluten in the pastry too. But it did what it was meant to do, and I didn’t rip out the throats of those around me in hypo-rage (which had looked quite likely at one point).
Then a mixed grill in pub that evening.

Yesterday:
Chicken livers in cream and rosemary for lunch
2 pork chops with added butter as evening meal

Have now arranged a private stash of hypo preventers, including milk choc, nuts and tins of fish to deal with varying severity. Hopefully won’t need any of them, but just in case… It jas been a loooong time since my last hypo, so a bit of a surprise.

I visit these people regularly, and we’ve had numerous conversations about diet (they have their own nutritional specifications, so seem v on the ball, tolerant and willing to oblige. But every now and then things go v pearshaped. I try and walk a line between being a well-mannered guest and meeting my dietary needs, and sometimes the line wobbles a bit.

(Jeanne Wagner) #255

Ok I’m trying carnivore (as best i can). I don’t have any fun pictures but yesterday and today I basically had the same thing because leftovers. I am not totally ‘in’ yet because leftovers included a little bit of greens, and my coffee… not willing to give up my hwc and oils.

Eggs and bacon for breakfast, and coffee with hwc and with coconut oil or mct oil (depends on if I had it at home or work), lunch was salmon and pork belly, with about 5 or 6 asparagus spears. Today, there were no spears since I ate them yesterday, and I had around 1/4 cup of spinach in my egg omelet (along with parm cheese). :+1: So I need to clean out the greens.

I am totally up for advice. I am keto and fat adapted currently. I’ve been listening to Carnivore Cast podcast and there’s some great information there. I’ve also been reading Amber’s writings and listening to some talks and podcasts she has done as well.

(Nathan Toben) #256

4lbs 80/20 ground beef. 6 eggs. 1 tbsp. butter. I’m full and sleepy.

You ate all that in one meal?!? Kudos to you

(Nathan Toben) #258

its what I ate today, but I bet I could in one meal but I wouldn’t feel very good.

I keep forgetting about this thread :slight_smile:

Yesterday was
Scrambled eggs with 2oz of homemade beef liver and marrow pate. Lovely.
Then beef bonebroth with an oz of pate stirred in.
Then cheddar, butter and about a half teaspoonful of Branston pickle (last of the jar).

I’m supposed to be ‘finishing up’ the cheese and cream and butter, but it is taking a while.

Today:
More pate eaten on crispy bacon strips for breakfast.
Baked salmon with lashings of garlic butter for lunch.
And it will be thin rib done in the instant pot this evening.

:yum:

(Jodi) #260

10 slices Bacon, 2 NY strip steaks and a bowl of cooked hamburger.

(Chris) #261

Picked up 30lbs of NY strip, 2" steaks: