ZC What did you eat today?

(Carpe salata!) #222

Had chuck roast done in the pressure cooker yesterday. Soft and tender.

(Chris W) #223

Iā€™ve been thinking about buying a pressure cooker. Can you keep the temperature low in the pressure cooker to keep the roast at medium rare, or does it come out well done, like a crock-pot, only much faster? I tend to prefer my meat to be cooked to the point of being safe and tender, but closer to rare than well done.

(Joe Schuyler) #224

Good tip, thanks! The crock pot is usually my go-to for a chuck roast. What kind of Sous Vide do you have?

(Chris W) #225

I have two of the cheap Monoprice Sous Vides. They work great.

(Chris) #226

I tried my first pan-seared chuck roast yesterday. Did a reverse sear for an hour at 250 (it was thick). Barely any fat rendered and when it was done it tasted like assā€¦definitely not the right method for me. I had better luck making stews with it in the past using a slow cooker, but perhaps a sous vide might be the better option.

I gave that roast to my cats, they didnā€™t really like it either but since it was the only thing to eat, they ate some.

(Carpe salata!) #227

I think the pressure cooker only has one setting - really hot. But it breaks down a tough meat cut into a mouth melting treat. My sister makes a great risotto in about 8 minutes. I think this chuck was in there for an hour.

(Norma Laming) #228

I had to google that to find out what it is! From the entries I read it looks like a mix of meats, possibly with veggies and sauce, with the meats being grilled for a long time but obviously very slowly?

Iā€™m really interested to learn about shawarma and Iā€™d love to know exactly what meats you ate and how they were cooked. Presumably you didnā€™t have veggies or sauce?

(Chris) #229

This thread gets no love!

(Doug) #230

6 hard-boiled eggs this morning, with a good bit of salt sprinkled on. WIN.

Yum!

(Erica) #232

Now I have a plan for this weekend :blush:

(Ellen) #233

Damn thatā€™s perfectly cooked and looks amazing :laughing:

(Ellen) #234

Hush you! Thatā€™s perfectly cooked :wink:

18 oz fatty brisket slow-cooked, with au jus.

(Jason) #236

$5/lb beef tenderloin from Aldi!
With a little Ribeye on top.

Oh my mouthā€¦

(Elizabeth ) #238

First meal was chicken livers wrapped in bacon, second meal was 14 oz of prime filet with butter and half a pound of roasted tri-tip. Iā€™m not bored yet are you? :joy:

(Nathan Toben) #239

Local lamb cooked in browned butter and herbed salt. Soaked up the juices with Epic Salt & Pepper Pork Rinds. It tasted good and my body welcomed it.

I am in love with the epic salt and pepper pork rinds! I just wish they were more affordable.

What did I eat today?
Scrambled egg with cheese for brunch, followed by chicken wings in lime, garlic and chilli oil, just now. About to follow them with some extremely mature cheddar.