Yummy pancakes!

pancakes

(Jacqueline Magana ) #1

Pancakes!!! I love how much less I eat on keto. I used to polish off a stack of 4 huge pancakes with a ton of jelly and syrup and a huge glass of milk, then turn around and be hungry again 2-3 hours later.

These are amazing! Buttery, fluffy, and delicious. Used SF Ms. Buttersworth syrup and washed it all down with a coffee…YUM!! :heart:

Recipe I used
http://www.tryketowith.me/2015/08/01/the-only-keto-pancakewaffle-recipe-i-need/

Anyone tested BG on a low carb pancake mix?
Another newby - day 3
(John) #2

I made this recipe last week, best pancakes I have made, keto or not. Kids loved them too, new staple of breakfast for dinner night.

(G. Andrew Duthie) #3

Just made some of these this morning, with leftover batter from a batch I made yesterday. :slight_smile:

Wife and kids loved them, too, though they’re not full-on keto.

Only real gripe I had (apart from my mistake in doubling the recipe before checking how many the recipe makes - HINT: it makes a LOT if you make them 4" or so) is that mine were not very fluffy at all. They came out thicker than crepes, but not as thick as normal pancakes.

I did add the extra baking powder called for in the recipe for making pancakes rather than waffles, and I added even more baking powder for the batch this morning, as well as trying blending the batter between batches to whip more air into it. And that seemed to help a little, as today’s pancakes were a little fluffier, but still not very fluffy.

One change I made was substituting 1/2 flax meal for 1/2 of the coconut flour, so maybe that made the difference. Perhaps next time I will try almond flour instead, or just go with the full coconut flour and see how that turns out. I usually find things I make with coconut flour end up on the dry side, hence the substitution.

They taste great, though. And MUCH easier to make than the recipe I had been using, which called for separating the eggs and beating the whites to stiff peaks, and then folding in the other mixed ingredients. WAY too much work for breakfast, before the coffee has fully hit my bloodstream.

Thanks for sharing the recipe!