Anyone tested BG on a low carb pancake mix?

Got my son going keto, and it would really help him if he can have pancakes or waffles occasionally. Anyone tested and gotten good BG levels on a mix that doesnt taste like sawdust?

(G. Andrew Duthie) #2

I’m not one for mixes, but if he’s got a blender, this is a really simple recipe, which I tried this morning. Turned out very well, though I made the mistake of doubling the recipe the first time out, and had way more batter than I needed. So I stuck the blender carafe in the fridge, and plan to make more tomorrow!

H/T to @Chubbylittlenymph who posted the recipe originally on this thread:

Thanks, but I am looking for a commercial mix…and hoping someone has done some BG testing with it. CarbQuik aint it for sure.

Ok…in the absence of anything else, I am trying out the recipe kindly provided by Dev. I tell ya, there is absolutely NO respect for laziness 'round here!

(G. Andrew Duthie) #5

LOL. IMO, it’s a lazy recipe. Apart from needing to buy the ingredients and remember to soften the cream cheese, it’d be hard to find an easier recipe.

Next time, I’m going to try @Daisy’s suggestion in a different thread and add a splash of ACV to see if that helps with fluffiness…really that’s my only gripe about the result I got…pancakes were a little on the thin side.

Oh, another modification I made was to sub out half the coconut flour and use flax meal instead. Would probably be just fine as written, but I find that coconut flour can give a dry result with too much.

Have you tried the lowest carb pancake recipe that is on here?

They are really easy and really fluffy. I believe I added a little ACV vinegar to these. I like them a lot. I made a butterscotch type sauce to go on top. Really yummy.

Ok…tried Dev’s suggested recipe. Big hit with both my son and me! Toasted and used it as sandwich bread too, which wasn’t bad, but it needs the savory spices. That will be the next experiment! Thanks!!