Your dogs - let's see them

pets

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #465

:roll_eyes: we aren’t even allowed to have “unnatural colored” hair at work, can’t show tattoos except on hands and wrists, no facial piercings, etc. It’s 2019 :upside_down_face:

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #466

When I was a nurse I had to bandage the one tattoo that slipped into sight on my wrist every single day. I bought so many rolls of bandage wrap those during those years. And my patients would always ask, what had happened to me and was I okay? And I’d tell them and they’d say it was stupid and they wouldn’t mind at all if they saw a tattoo peaking out of my shirt sleeve.

(Ellen) #467

:point_up_2: :100: what @beccs said.

(Ellen) #468

@beccs @PetaMarie it’s ridiculous isn’t it? Tats & hair colour have no impact on how you do your job, you’d think people would understand that.

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #469

Exactly!

(Kristen Ann) #470

My dog is three weeks into her recovery from TPLO surgery. I underestimated how hard it would be to take care of her and my other high energy dog at the same time by myself. Hope Shelby’s doing ok.

Thanks Kristen, she is doing ok, though it’s still a pain. All she can really do is lay around as you know. Hope your Pup is handling it ok too, sorry to hear you have to deal with it, and yep, this is Shelby’s third time. :neutral_face: We have her two siblings, so yeah, with the weather getting better she really wants to outside with me right now. We bring her out, but normally just to use the bathroom. At least she got to spend a little time out there today since it’s so nice. But lack of leaves, also mean no shade presently. :slight_smile:

She goes back to the surgeon this Thursday, which will be 3 weeks and 2 days after the initial surgery. So he may switch her over to a Soft-cast, which would be helpful too. She was originally supposed to go back at 2 weeks, have the bandage changed and another two weeks in a hard cast. Then be switched to a Soft cast for 2 more, but I’m going to see if they can do it now. Not rushing it, but it will be over 3 weeks, but we also keep a good eye on her and not let her get up and about unless one of us is walking her. So we’ll see Thursday, & hopefully she will be out of the cast completely by the end of the month.

Well, for those who might not have seen this in my thread, Shelby ended up having to go back into a full, hard-cast for another two weeks, just to make sure she heals properly. … I was hoping they might go to the soft-cast, but since she had an issue 4 years ago, where she had to have the ACL surgery done twice, they decided to take no chances this time and go a little longer in the hard-cast. … She will be going back on 4 -23 to have the soft cast put on, and then May 7 to have it taken off for good. :crossed_fingers:

But she’s already getting around better with this one, since I mentioned how she was struggling some with the first one, he did make this one a little lighter, being he used a brace of sorts, instead of making the whole cast hard. … She can actually walk by herself some, albeit a little crooked, but at least she can now. Once the soft cast is on, she should be able to get around much better until it’s removed. :slight_smile:

here she is after getting home from the surgeons office…

And with her makeshift bed, so she stays pinned at night. Her mattress is in the open, but only when we are with her in the living room. … Oh, and the wife already got her pens out on the new cast :smile:

Well, Shelby was transferred into a Soft Cast yesterday, so she only has a couple weeks before this last one is removed for good. (May 6th) Then she just needs to take it easy for a few months, to ensure that it continues to heal properly. Now that both legs have been done, I’m hoping she doesn’t have to deal with anything like this again. :crossed_fingers:

(Ashley) #474

Fingers crossed for Shelby!

(Diane) #475

This is excellent news!

(Mame) #476

this is Mac a tri-colour tripod border collie (yes, one of his eyes is blue)

(Mame) #477

and this is Dallin. they eat keto but really don’t care about food.
typical border collies.

(Jody) #478

Per a request …

Here are updated pictures of our [purebred] Dachshunds. (I mention “purebred” only because Maisy’s color makes people think she is mixed … but she’s not, the color is called Piebald). The are biological cousins and are 9 days apart in age. She was the runt of her litter (weighs in about 11lbs today), he was not (weighs in about 19lbs today) :smiley:

They are about 9 months old in these photos.

Here is Maisy:

Looking bored while waiting in the kitchen, in the cat bed, for treats (notice the propped up arm of disapproval :smiley: )

Here she is at the dog park … looking “regal”

Here is Short Round:

On the way to the dog park

And finally AT the dog park

Now, after the dog park and a long day of playing, who doesn’t need a rest? And apparently, the blanket and I are REALLY comfy …

What Did You Keto Today? The Trilogy!
What Did You Keto Today? The Trilogy!
What did you Keto today? Part Deux!
(traci simpson) #479

OH MY GOODNESS!!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

(Diane) #480

Awesome name, makes me smile!

(Jody) #481

lol. Thanks.

My first Dachshund was named Indiana … but I always called him Indy. After his passing, when it came time to getting another, I needed another Indiana Jones name (yes, I am a HUGE fan of IJ). I will admit that the character of Short Round was one of my least favorite IJ characters … BUT as a name for a Dachshund, it was perfect.

(Diane) #482

One of my first two cats (I adopted two siblings, a full brother and sister pairing) was named Indiana, and also called him Indy. :grin:

I also love the name…too funny!!!
Omg still laughing.

(Sophie) #484

Sexy! :heart_eyes: