What Did You Keto Today? The Trilogy!

(Alec) #204

2 broken rules today:

1. No processed foods
  2. Nothing branded with the word keto

It was ok, but nothing special. Horrendously expensive.

(Alec) #205

He probably ate all the ice cream in the cabinet!

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #206

Lunch today is a plate of bits I had to use up from the fridge, including a very compliant avocado…the stone slid out easily and the skin peeled off perfectly. No hissy fits today about my avocado so I’ll call that a win! :clap::avocado:

(traci simpson) #207

It was pretty good!!

(traci simpson) #208

True, but I’m also learning and feeling the effects on the foods I used to eat, so that’s kind a cool. So next time I can say do I eat it or do I want to feel crappy and actually know what crappy feels like.

(Jody) #209

So … update. I did NOT go to my in-laws. The PUPPIES have had an upset stomach for a couple of days. We decided to take them to the vet before leaving AND it being a long weekend. Long story short, they both have an intestinal parasite (Coccidia) and the vet STRONGLY recommended not traveling with them. [I’ll pause here to say the parasite is easily treatable, not uncommon and we caught it pretty early]. Since we had paid for the room (and no refunds) my wife and daughter went ahead and I stayed home with the puppies. So …

Carnivore:

Friday (day 12)

1.5lb Ground Beef w/ 3 raw egg yolks, some shrimp w/ ghee, Cod liver packed in Cod liver oil and 3 SOFT boiled eggs.

Sat (day 13)

Ribeye, Shrimp in Ghee, Salmon and 2 SOFT boiled eggs.

Sun (day 14)

Salmon, [the leftover] Ribeye, more shrimp in ghee, and 1/2 Beef Spleen
finally … Monday (day 15)

other 1/2 of the beef spleen, 6 scrambled eggs (in butter), 1lb ground beef.

I will also say that in the 15 days of Carnivore I have eaten way more in my OMAD then normal, been less full (satisfied but not “stuffed”) and have lost 8 lbs.

Be careful with the coccidia. It is VERY contagious. Well, “contagious” might be the wrong word since it’s not viral or bacterial. I used to work with an animal rescue group, and I caught it from a puppy. You want to talk “disaster pants”? I literally pooped in my sleep in bed. Wash your hands a lot :smiley:

(Jody) #211

According to our vet, there is only one (mostly rare) strain that can cross from dog to human and they didn’t have that one … but thanks for the warning. We use rubber gloves when dealing with the … stuff. lol

(Candace) #212

I miss Wegmans’ uncured bacon! That stuff is amazing

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #213

We made this wilted cabbage yesterday with a pound of uncured Wegmans’ bacon. I only eat a few tablespoons because of the carbs.

ABSOLUTELY!

Lurking in the shadows. :slight_smile:

Off today because I worked on the weekend and holiday and made a hodgepodge for lunch. Cooked bacon to put on pizza later and had some for myself to make sure it was tasty ;). Made chicken salad to have something made up in case we are too busy to cook in the next few days, plus I’ve been craving celery lately. Still have a giant tub of pulled pork and mixed it with jalapeño pimento cheese which was an amazing choice because YUM.

Also, we just found out that the other offer on my dream house fell through and they’ve accepted ours after all! By the end of July we will be homeowners and I will have a garden again! Yay!

(Full Metal KETO AF) #216

Tex-Mex Scrambled Eggs

Well that’s what I am calling it anyway! Limiting my food choices for a little bit, so it’s not as fancy as it could have been. But I have dropped a few pounds this week! :man_cook:t3:

Grass Fed Ground Beef 93%, Bacon Grease, Butter, Eggs, Cream Cheese, Aged Gouda, Chipotle Powder, Garlic Powder, Oregano and Parsley. Breakfast Burrito in a bowl. :yum:

:cowboy_hat_face:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #217

@Acnickel Yeah! :cowboy_hat_face:

('Jackie P') #218

Brilliant!:blush:

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #219

Congratulations!

(Ashley) #220

Congrats! :slight_smile:

(Ellen) #221

Woot! Great news.

('Jackie P') #222

Last night shift of 4 tonight!
This is my new favourite thing

Slow roasted belly pork slices.
Got 2 left to take to work!:yum:

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #223

Seasoned 20% fat lamb mince with cherry tomatoes and a piece of keto garlic bread!