What's your absolute favourite Keto recipe?

(Full Metal KETO AF) #41

Paò Caí is easy to make yourself and similar to Kim chee. You could use Kim chee for a variation of the same dish. You can find out about it with google. I was a professional Chinese cook most of my working years. You can experiment with fermentation, it’s easy and fun.

Google keto hash. I like using larger radishes like daikon but you can use any type. Just dice and fry the radishes like potatoes, the flavors mellow with cooking.

Steak & Chilli Broccolini or Pork/Chicken Larb Salad :yum:

(Karla Sykes) #43

I had this last night and it was so delicious.

(Bansaw) #44

Whats “HWC” ?

(Jeff) #45

rib eye garlic butter

(Jane) #46

Heavy whipping cream

(Natasha) #47

In England it’s Double cream. In the US, heavy whipping cream :slightly_smiling_face:

(Natasha) #48

Yum! Ever since I wrote that message I have been craving it! I’m fasting today after too much Christmas indulgence but that meal is on my radar for next week! :grinning:

(Natasha) #49

I think it depends on how long you have been keto (whether you are fat adapted) and what your personal carb tolerance is. I have been eating keto for 5 months now and over Christmas I have discovered that I can eat somewhere around 100g carbs per day (from vegetable/nut/bean sources) and still remain in light ketosis. By the following afternoon I am back to my normal, higher level of ketosis. Some folks need to stick rigidly to <20g carbs per day whereas others can eat more, if you are one of the ‘lucky’ ones, you could probably include some small servings of beans into your meal plans without going out of ketosis, the only way to find out is to experiment to find your threshold! Good luck and have fun :smiley:

Probably this one, though a really rare grilled steak is a close second!
https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/keto-hamburger-patties-tomato-sauce-cabbage

(Scout) #51

This cheesecake is the absolute BEST!!!

If you do soy, Eden has black soy beans that taste awesome in chili. We also use them to make refried beans.

(Sophie) #53

This stuff is Phenom!!! In fact, I’m just back from the grocery and got the sausage for tomorrow nights dinner. Hubby was elated! :smile:

My favorite is Mexican Drunken Shrimp (Cooper’s Hawk restaurant recipe). I subbed bacon fat for Canola Oil and White Wine for the Tequila, but otherwise kept everything as is.

Karla,

Keto and chili do go together! This is my favorite chili recipe - the curry powder gives it amazing depth and flavor. I also add in some mushrooms to sub for beans if I have them in the fridge, but I don’t buy them just for the chili. It is perfect without them. I will be making some for dinner next week as a matter of fact. I top it with shredded cheese, jalapenos, and sour cream - don’t miss the beans or the tortillas (what I use to eat my chili with). There is a recipe out there for fathead crackers, but I find that if you don’t eat them the same day, they don’t keep very well, so I just skip it.

(Bob M) #56

This is the chili recipe I use, and it’s also good (though I make some modifications, like adding beef chuck and some umami and baking it in the oven, covered but the lid cracked):

I’m not sure it’s technically “keto” though.

Dry rubbed tri-tip roast with a big dollop of butter on top and served with sauteed mushrooms and broccoli with more butter…

Brisket smoked 18 hrs over post oak. It does not get any better than that. Ribeye off my boat’s grill is a close second.

(Samantha ) #59

My favorite dish right now is roasted parm broccoli:
Take broccoli and put it on a baking sheet…drizzle with olive oil, add salt, pepper and garlic, roast at 400 with broiler on for 10 minutes. Then add parm and cook for another minute. You can add bacon if you like for a yummy fat bump.

This is a go to because it is yummy, quick, green and freaking delicious.

Lately I have been having this will grilled chicken or bacon wrapped hot dogs!

(The amazing autoimmune 🦄) #60

Prime rib with an herbed butter rub served with mushrooms and shallot fried in butter and finished with balsamic vinegar.

And Fathead pizza