What's your absolute favourite Keto recipe?

(Mike) #21

Chili verde. Family recipe required zero adjustments for the keto WOE

You’ll find plenty of recipes on here for keto cheesecake. Type it into the search engine and a whole bunch will pop up.

For my keto cheesecake I blind bake an almond flour/butter base sweetened with erythritol. Then I whip cream cheese with more erythritol, cream, lemon juice and grated lemon rind, and then top it with a few strawberries or blueberries.

(Karla Sykes) #23

Take a picture and post it I would love to see it. Here’s my question for you whenever I eat modified sweets even if they’re sugar-free it makes me crave the real thing so I try to just stay away from it. What is your secret to managing your cravings for the real thing when you eat sugar free food?

(Karla Sykes) #24

Oh my gosh I miss chili and crackers with beans. This is my favorite winter food

(Karla Sykes) #25

The one thing I don’t really understand it’s why are beans considered a negative food on keto? I don’t eat beans because I know I’m not supposed to but I always thought beans was good for you

(Natasha) #26

Med rare fillet steak. A chopped yellow pepper fried in the leftover juices until charred then some shredded spinach mixed in until wilted and a couple of spoons of HWC.

Mmmm I’m hungry now!

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #27

They aren’t a negative food… but they aren’t considered keto because:

But if you can fit them into your macros, have at it.

Everyone’s different, I guess. I don’t have the cravings when eating artificial sugars, but if that is the case with you, it might be a good idea to keep sweets to a minimum. Best thing is to make small amounts (I make enough for two small individual cheesecakes- one for me, one for the wife), that way if the cravings hit, you won’t find yourself eating a whole family sized keto cheesecake (and also make sure the house is free of sugary snacks).

(Carl Keller) #29

Try sauteing your broc or cauli in bacon fat. It does not get any tastier than this, IMHO.

(Qetoz) #30

HALLOUMI CHEESE with anything or eveything!
its so nice and chewy and ye mm.

AND if you dip it in a mayo-nando sauce mixture IT IS GOD SENT!

I am going to go cook some now!!

(Jane) #31

Depends on how low you need to keep your carbs and where you are in your journey.

I am on maintenance so I can have a small serving every now and then. Not the gigantic bowl I used to have (or seconds). They have a lot of fiber to offset some of the carbs and I count net carbs.

(Mike) #32

I am going to start YouTubeing our make-ahead Keto recipes in January. Keto Chili will be on of the first ones but I am saving the Chili Verde for a mile stone. I have a large family so we save the big turkey and ham meal for thanksgiving and do Chili Verde For Christmas!

(Tracey ) #33

An alternative to black beans is black soybeans. The macros are much friendlier to a low carb meal. They are about 8 total carbs per half cup.

(Frank) #34

Medium rare beef steak well salted with a side of equal ratio cream cheese and fresh horseradish. I could eat this combination every day of my life.

Cream cheese & Hot English mustard is a good combo with beef :yum:

(Mike) #36

That is what I use. The black soy beans are great for chili as they meet my requirement that they not be an apology food (Trying to be something they are not!). They taste, look and feel like regular black beans

(Full Metal KETO AF) #37

1 Any kind of meat or shrimp or fish blackened with a veg side.

2 Stir fried ground pork or chopped up leftover meat with homemade fermented Chinese style pickled cabbage (Paò Caí) with Serrano chili’s.

3 Keto corned beef hash with radishes instead of potatoes.

The first two I could eat every day.

(Doug) #38

Bacon and fried eggs. Just cannot get away from this.

Meat and vegetables, or just meat.

“Recipe” - last night melted some salted butter in a pan, then slowly grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese into it, stirring with a whisk to melt the cheese. Added a good bit of chopped fresh basil and some black pepper. Murderously good over steamed cauliflower, but would be good over many things, even just a spoon with the spoon then popped into your mouth.

(Jane) #39

Keto foods: bacon, eggs, steak, butter

Keto recipe: Fathead pizza

(Bansaw) #40

Interesting, thanks.
Is the pickled cabbage like Korean Kim Chi?
Fist time I heard of radishes in place of potatoes…
Got any links to recipies for the things you mentioned?