What did you Keto today?

(James storie) #1761

It’s just ground beef that I seasoned myself. I just made an omelet with the taco meat, some salsa verde, and montery jack cheese! Then topped the whole thing with sour cream and an avocado on the side with a mexican spice called tajin. I searched the forum for taco seasoning last night and used what I found as a guide.

Thanks, I never thought of using more fat to cook top and bottom at the same time. Game changer! And adding water! Awesome!

(Jeremy Storie) #1763

I’m so jealous!

Bacon cheeseburger - sort of!

I moulded the beef mince into a wide, streaky-bacon-width-height, bowl, edged with said bacon and filled with cheese. This is a recipe that you may have seen where mince is moulded round a beer can. I wanted to maximise cheese capacity so I went wide! I edged it with the streaky bacon which was fairly thick cut for France and made a good extra wall. I put in 4 cheeses - mozzarella, parmesan, cheddar and some swiss stuff I have forgotten the name of.

Oh, and roasted peppers, onion and garlic.

(Ros R) #1765

Cauliflower grilled cheese and burgers.

(James storie) #1766

It was good!

(Jacquie) #1767

Looks delicious! :heart_eyes:

yeah it was pretty damn tasty :smile:

(Ellie Baum) #1769

Boring keto leftovers. Potato looking things are kohlrabi. Brussel sprouts cooked in ghee, chopped brussel leaves cooked in Bacon fat on top of kohlrabi, eggs with ghee/butter hollandaise with fresh chives, creamy tuna/kohlrabi casserole, couple slices of good cheese and a dallop of mascarpone.

(Jeremy Storie) #1770

3 double cheeseburgers from Burger King :grin:

(Ernest) #1771

Sous vide chicken gizzards, quick deep fry finish.

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #1772

Pepper Steak

Chiles Rellenos…link to recipe here

(Mike Glasbrener) #1774

Dang that looks good!!! What’d you use for the rub?

Thanks Mike! I do my own homemade rub, and since discovering keto, I’ve had to tweak it to remove the sugar side of the ingredients, lol! But the rub has: garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, paprika, cayenne, chili powder, salt, pepper and a bit of cinnamon. Smoked over apple wood!

My newfound high fat, low protein, zero carb friend. Meet pork jowl bacon!

(Tina ) #1777

this pic made me drool. I’m making this right now:)

(Ernest) #1778

Leaf lard scrambled eggs, Hormel little sizzlers, fat transporter romaine lettuce (homemade macadamia nut Cesar salad dressing) OMAD lunch.

(Roxanne) #1779

Hot Italian sausage stuffed portobello mushrooms and peppers

(Jeremiah ) #1780

What is mascarpone?